Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the best deal you ever got on a VPS? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the best deal you ever got on a VPS?

13»

Comments

• joodle said: I just ordered the i5-750 6GB RAM 2x 1TB HDD's and 1Gbit flatrate from Servdiscount.com.. Pretty good deal to be honest :D

Not touching them. Webtropia have such mixed reviews I'm not going to take the gamble.

• @joodle

They also have the same +2gb ram for 20 € sometimes.

• @myhken said:
    I think my Hetzner deal I got yesterday was a good deal: Intel Core i7-3770, 4c/8t, 32 GB RAM, 2 x 3 TB HDDs server, 1 gbit up to 20TB, then 10mbit the rest of the month. @€30~$34/mo(serverbidding)

I had that one but left it when they wouldn't give be a /56 IPv6 without doubling the cost of the server.

• @mpkossen said:
    I had that one but left it when they wouldn't give be a /56 IPv6 without doubling the cost of the server.

That I can see, I also was thinking about a /28 subnet, but the price with the Flexipack (€12+/mo) you have to buy, double the price for my server. So I use three extra IPs, and will look into NAT-ing if I need to run more VMs on the server.
    But for now, I think the server is doing what I had plan for it, so only two VMs run just now.

• @Devil said:
    And how did that happen?

Github educational pack. I got that deal too :)

• Hard to say, there's a bunch of sub $2/m hosts that have been perfectly adequate. To me those are the best deals.

• anaana Member

I use weloveservers
    1GB of RAM/19/year

• I had3 of those 2€ (don't know if that was the price) OVH Atom dedis and was so stupid to not renew them.

• I still have 3 online.net 1.99€ boxes, two of them are running Tor just fine: https://atlas.torproject.org/#search/tr1ckynet

• I grabbed a hetzner i7-3770, 16gb ram, 2x3tb hdd server at 23€/m

• sc754sc754 Member
    edited April 2015

I had two 1.99 online servers, but got rid of one as I wasn't using it. But my best deal would be the n2800 atom for 2.99 a month, I got a brand new machine and hard drive (as they ran out of stock). As for performance / value then the runabove sandbox instance has proved surprisingly good, especially as with vouchers it's costing me nothing for a year.

• supicksupick Member
    edited April 2015

Runabove $37 free.
    9 x Kidéchires -> will cancel them soon when I finish my project.
    Hetzner i7-3770 16GB RAM 24.37 EUR.
    Online.net E3-1230 8GB RAM 29 EUR.
    Online.net Cloud free.

• SnapeSnape Member

Bitcable, 256MB KVM in Ashburn, $4/mo. The uptime has been... pretty decent...

18:25:41 up 965 days, 3:34, 1 user, load average: 0.07, 0.05, 0.01

• earlearl Member

since you're asking for vps.. an egg tx from nexmark.

256 mb KVM for under $2.5/yr includes IP!

• sonicsonic Veteran

@earl said:
    since you're asking for vps.. an egg tx from nexmark.

256 mb KVM for under $2.5/yr includes IP!

NAT IPv4 or dedicated IP ?

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@sonic said:
    NAT IPv4 or dedicated IP ?

dedicated ipv4 no native ipv6 thought

• Online.net, for hosting my seedbox as they ... accidentally doubled the disk.

XVMLabs, cheap IPs, but I need a HE.net tunnel to add IPv6.

• utamautama Member

@earl: it's still available? link?

• earlearl Member

@utama said:
    earl: it's still available? link?

Unfortunately it's not.. been checking once in a while. but no stock..

The link you have to find.. :P that's half the fun. look around dollarvz.com

• @4n0nx said:
    BoltVM - OpenVZ 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD, 1IPv4, 2TB bw, $18/y

I wish to have one :)

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • VPS Deals from XVMLabs 1GB RAM, 15 GB SSD & 7 IPs ($9.99/year), and BoltVM (2GB RAM, SSD, 2 TB bandwidth for <$20)

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • karjajkarjaj Member

I think it's this... "BoltVM - OpenVZ 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD, 1IPv4, 2TB bw, $18/y" ;)

• ehabehab Member

will they ever come back

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • I don't have much but these 2 are good-

Online.net Dedibox limited, 4c/8t, 16 GB RAM, 2 x 2 TB HDDs server, 1 gbit unlimited for 19.99/month

GVH (now xfuse) VPS - 1.5gb ram(1.5gb vswap) 100 gb hdd 4 core 2 ip for $1.1/month

• OVZ Thunder (SSD-Cached) VPS - LA - Thunder 512 for 9$/year

and now gonna try to get a deal on hetzner like many here.