Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the best deal you ever got on a VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the best deal you ever got on a VPS?

hostnoobhostnoob Member
edited January 2015 in General

What's the best deal you ever got on a VPS/dedi? It doesn't have to be a current deal.

Mine would be:
Online.net Kidechire (dedi) - 2GB RAM, 160GB, FR - €2/mo
MyRSK (vps) - 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD, UK - $20/yr
ChicagoVPS (vps) - 2GB RAM (+2GB burst), 50GB HDD, NJ - $8.70/yr
VPSDime (vps) - 512MB RAM, 7GB SSD - $7/yr

The Kidechire, MyRSK and VPSDime VPSes are really good so far (although just using the first two for storage). When I first got the CVPS box it was terrible and always dropping pings for the first month, but seems to be OK now and for the price it's a pretty good low storage seedbox. Although this was only a "1 year" price, it goes back up to $29/yr after.

Thanked by 1Trav

Comments

• Kidechire and Crissic's 15/year was best deal for me as it was my first dedi and VPS.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • runabove

• My $15/year plan in Switzerland with BlueVM was awesome until it stopped working and they stopped caring. My $38/year 4GB, 80GB 8CPU plan with WeLoveServers was also a real workhorse while I had it.

Other than that, the Kidechire pretty much can't be beat in terms of a deal, I just wish I'd managed to snag a second one.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited January 2015

90% discount by Prometeus for april fools day 3 years ago. I still have my 4.80€/year 512MB OpenVZ VPS :)

Other stuff: Obviously the Kidechire and the 3€/month Kimsufi.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

The best deals I ever got were full retail price paid for BuyVM, Ramnode, and SecureDragon.

• netrixnetrix Member
    edited January 2015
    1. $12/year 1GB BoltVM Lightning.
    2. RunAbove.
    3. VPSDime $7/year 512MB.
    4. HostNun $20/year 8vCore 2GB RAM
  • @Nekki said:
    My $15/year plan in Switzerland with BlueVM was awesome until it stopped working and they stopped caring. My $38/year 4GB, 80GB 8CPU plan with WeLoveServers was also a real workhorse while I had it.

Other than that, the Kidechire pretty much can't be beat in terms of a deal, I just wish I'd managed to snag a second one.

I never have a need for such high RAM boxes so I usually prefer cheaper low RAM stuff (or high storage)

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    90% discount by Prometeus for april fools day 3 years ago. I still have my 4.80€/year 512MB OpenVZ VPS :)

Other stuff: Obviously the Kidechire and the 3€/month Kimsufi.

Damn that's an offer I would love though. Is that in Italy or USA though?

• hostnoob said: Damn that's an offer I would love though. Is that in Italy or USA though?

Italy, i don't think they had a US location back then

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Italy, i don't think they had a US location back then

Even more awesome! If you are interested in transfering it, one time.maybe?:DD

1. MyCustomHosting $7/mo 4GB KVM
    2. Delimiter $20/mo 16GB dedi

What's really awesome about both of these deals? Not only that both are known, reliable hosts, but equally impressive, that the deals are always there, not just once in a blue moon :)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

said: MyRSK (vps) - 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD, UK - $20/yr

Wow. I would kill for this deal, missed it.

My favorite deal of all time is the kidéchire, obviously :)

Also:

• $5/year 64MB Secure Dragon OVZ in New Jersey

• $10/year 512MB Bandwagon Host OVZ in The Netherlands

• £5/year 64MB HTTP Zoom in the United Kingdom

• 18€/year 512MB GinerNet in Spain

And I am reaching to the conclusion that I am a dirt cheapskate.

Currently searching for some cheap KVM storage in Europe, but that's going to be difficult :P

Thanked by 2KuJoe jmginer
  • arpanjotarpanjot Member
    edited January 2015

Kidechire , ramnode's 42 %, Vpsdime 7$ for 512 MB, runabove , dediserve black Friday 6.5 $ for 2 GB

• extremezextremez Member
    edited January 2015

xvmlabs, vpsdime, kidechire, runabove, onlinecloud (free trial), nexhost

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited January 2015

Prometeus 2gb/400gb/4tb-BW @$66.8/y
    Wable(3)+powerboost =6gb non-oversold RAM +80GB SSD @$8/m
    Kidechire @$2.5
    Vpsdime 512mb @$7/yr
    Kimsufi KS2 - 4GB/2TB-disk @$12.5/m
    Dediserve 2gb/30Gb-SSD+(1)extra IPv4 for <$8/m(2VMs from 2gb pool)
    Drserver 768mb Xenstorage(after SLA credit 'double-RAM')+150GB disk @$15/y
    Drserver 2gb/80GB HVM in Incero @$7/m

Yes dear sirs, I have a 'deal' problem.
    12 step program required.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited January 2015

MyCustomHosting - Monteal KVM, 2GB RAM, 60GB Disk, 4 IPv4, 2TB transfer $48 a year.
    UltraVPS - Las Vegas KVM, 1GB RAM, 125GB Disk, 4 IPv4, 1TB transfer $24.95 a year.
    DRServer - Dallas XEN HVM, 1GB RAM, 100GB Disk, 2 IPv4, 500GB transfer $28.50 a year.

BuyVM - Three anycast IPv4 plus (3) 128MB/10GB OpenVZ VPSes with 1.5TB pooled bandwidth for $45 a year.

RamNode - Atlanta OpenVZ, 128MB RAM, 80GB Disk, 2 IPv4, 500GB transfer $13.92 a year.
    And of course the Crissic Jacksonville OpenVZ, 512MB RAM, 100GB Disk, 2 IPv4, 1GB transfer $15 a year.

vimalware said: Yes dear sirs, I have a 'deal' problem.

12 step program required.

I don't see any problem ... They look real good to me too.

Thanked by 2MCHPhil drserver
  • BoltVM - OpenVZ 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD, 1IPv4, 2TB bw, $18/y

• Orbitservers 128M/8G/150G-BW with an ipv4 for $4/y - Great for testing stuff out / openVPN
    • Crissic's two ipv4 plan 512M/50G/2T for $15/y - Been up since I got it so ~400 days uptime which is nice.
    • Boltvm's black friday deal 1G/50G ssd/1T for 12$/y - Probably going to replace Crissic just based on the fact its ssd.
    • vmbox.co 1G/50G/2T with two ipv4 and a wildcard ssl for $20/y - Still dont know how they can afford this but its been great so far.
  • bertanbertan Member
    edited January 2015

NanoVZ / InceptionHosting 3 EUR / year: http://3eur.gq

Thanked by 1AutoSnipe
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited January 2015
    • 2x Kidechires (Online.net) - Dedicated server: Via Nano U2250 CPU, 2GB RAM, 160GB Disk, 100Mb/s fairshare @ 1Gb/s (+100GB FTP backup)
    • LES (Inception Hosting & RansomIT) - Exotic locations such as Milan, Japan and Australia for ~£2.50/yr
    • DigitalOcean - $100 free credit
  • robohostrobohost Member
    edited January 2015

4 x Kidechires Via Nano U2250 CPU, 2GB RAM, 160GB Disk - Online.net

Boltvm's black friday deal - 1GB 100GB hdd 12$/Year

Dacentec 2X Dual Core XEON 5140 16GB DDR2 RAM 2 X 500GB SATA - 35$/month

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited January 2015

@kcaj said:

LES (Inception Hosting & RansomIT) - Exotic locations such as Milan, Japan and Australia for ~£2.50/yr

This, you really can't go wrong with LES.

Thanked by 1black
  • I got 4 of dr.server's 150GB for $15/yr XenStorage deals and he was nice enough to combined them into a single VPS for me. It works out to 8 cpu cores, 4 IPv4, a ton of IPv6, 3GB of ram (after that Chicago mess when he doubled everyone who had to relocate) and 600GB of storage for what works out to be $5/month. ;)

• @robohost said:
    Dacentec 2X Dual Core XEON 5140 16GB DDR2 RAM 2 X 500GB SATA - 35$/month

Damn, you got one of those? I wanted one so much :(

• @0xdragon said:

No i get 2 :D

• @robohost said:

Would you consider selling one to me?

• @0xdragon said:
    Would you consider selling one to me?

Sorry already filled with clients :D

• Weloveservrs

payed $7 cancel VPS and its still online today and in WHMCS says Terminated :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Best deal I ever got was my CommercialMedia server (they didn't have any HDDs in stock so I got an SSD instead). Had that server for over a year and a half (only paid for 11 months). The network was amazing and the uptime was better than my Dacentec box.

Basically I paid for 11 months, then they stopped accepting online payments (I had to mail them a check if I wanted to pay for it) so I put in a cancellation request before my next invoice. It stayed online for another 6 months before they finally cancelled it but I got a lot of use out of it (and that unmetered 100Mbps port) during those 6 months. :)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @mlody1039 said:
    Weloveservrs

I wouldn't really post that if i were you as their active on this forum and may go hunting for your vps lol.

Wouldn't be hard to find either.

• Catalyst 256mb vps with 60gb storage. Prometeus 2gb ram 400gb disk xenpower