Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the best deal you ever got on a VPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the best deal you ever got on a VPS?

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

TorqHost 9EUR Yearly 256MB KVM in Estonia.

• I miss out great offers most of the time. Whenever I come across good offers, nothing comes to my mind to put good use of it.

The best deal I got ever is a free 128MB Xen from ChunkHost, which is now almost 2 years old and still runs my IRC bouncer and VPN. With Crissic, I have a custom plan, which is also a great deal, considering the quality.

• @Stacy said:
    Wouldn't be hard to find either.

I already let them know about it but still nothing happend.

• Got X3450 32GB RAM 2x500GB from GVH [Please no offense with that name] instead of their C2758 at $29/month :)

Working great for me 31 days uptime & that was me when i re-installed.

• @4n0nx said:
    BoltVM - OpenVZ 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD, 1IPv4, 2TB bw, $18/y

The best offer I missed is this one. :(

• My 2 online cloud servers are about the best. Really good servers, and all for the price of FREE! Really cant wait for them to go live, as they will be VERY cheap.

Also notable are the Kidechire's I have and the 4814 I have. Online.net are very very good at offers.

Outside that the VPS I have from One Pound, has been great for the money, only got it as a back up as wasn't expecting great performance for the price (same as his offer he listed here recently) but its never been down and is always fast. Its great value for money.

• Infinity580 said: TorqHost 9EUR Yearly 256MB KVM in Estonia.

Yeh, forgot them, that was a great deal, if you can excuse the ongoing lack of IPv6.

• Best deals I ever had are both small dedis.

Kidechire for €2/month

Kimsufi for 3€/month

• RunAbove was the best deal for me...Cloud was once my dream...Now its cheaper than VPS

• TheKiller said: Kidechire

Links?

• camarg said: Kidechire for €2/month

Kimsufi for 3€/month

Holy shit! How much disk space? Still going on or anything comparable?

• Nyr said: Currently searching for some cheap KVM storage in Europe, but that's going to be difficult :P

Normal backup/archiving usage or some active usage like seedbox? Anyway please share here if you find some cheap storage in EU.

• vimalware said: Kimsufi KS2 - 4GB/2TB-disk @$12.5/m

This is rather like one lucky windfall (the 1-->2 TB part) than a deal really :-)

• kcaj said: DigitalOcean - $100 free credit

And how did that happen?

• joereid said: and 600GB of storage for what works out to be $5/month

Okay, I tried but couldn't hold back. So yeah, "You lucky bastard!"

• camarg said: Kimsufi for 3€/month

Which plan it was? Specs please.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

There are cheep storage providers in the EU... Just sayin :)

• @Devil said:
    Which plan it was? Specs please.

Stop spamming please... There's an edit button for a reason
    On topic, XVMLabs, the 1G deal, using it to host my mail server (not very smart)
    2x5.99/year 128MB bandwagonhost

• TriDoxiuM said: Stop spamming please

Two things you should note:

1. I don't spam. Not here, not anywhere.
    2. The repeat post to camarg was a mistake and after that I couldn't delete it.

There's an edit button for a reason

Yes, I know there's an edit button but what I needed was a delete button and in the absence of which I had already flagged my own comment giving a reason.

And I usually reply to individual posters, keeps the conversation clean.

On topic, XVMLabs, the 1G deal, using it to host my mail server (not very smart) 2x5.99/year 128MB bandwagonhost

Thanks!

• I think my Hetzner deal I got yesterday was a good deal: Intel Core i7-3770, 4c/8t, 32 GB RAM, 2 x 3 TB HDDs server, 1 gbit up to 20TB, then 10mbit the rest of the month. @€30~$34/mo(serverbidding)

• @myhken said:
    1 gbit up to 20TB, then 10mbit the rest of the month.

Be careful: If you ever exceed your 20 TB limit, they claim they will permanently throttle your connection to 10 MBit/s, until you pay them a fee and agree to pay overage charges if you ever exceed the limit again.

• myhken said: I think my Hetzner deal I got yesterday was a good deal: Intel Core i7-3770, 4c/8t, 32 GB RAM, 2 x 3 TB HDDs server, 1 gbit up to 20TB, then 10mbit the rest of the month. @€30~$34/mo(serverbidding)

I very nearly had that one myself.

• @Nekki said:

Me too.

• TriDoxiuM said: using it to host my mail server (not very smart)

What do you mean by this? Not smart to host a mail server because of privacy issues with OpenvZ containers or what?

• @Nekki said:

They have one to €31.09 now.

• @myhken said:
    They have one to €31.09 now.

I know, but I only need an i5, so as great a deal as that is, it's still about €10 more than I need to spend.

• @Nekki said:
    I know, but I only need an i5, so as great a deal as that is, it's still about €10 more than I need to spend.

Understand...they have a i7 2600 for €25 but still €5 more then you want to spend. :D

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2015

myhken said: Understand...they have a i7 2600 for €25 but still €5 more then you want to spend. :D

I'm still holding onto the idea of getting an i5 for €15 :-0

EDIT: the i7 2600 hasn't been lower than €30, has it?

• Nekki said: I know, but I only need an i5

I just ordered the i5-750 6GB RAM 2x 1TB HDD's and 1Gbit flatrate from Servdiscount.com.. Pretty good deal to be honest :D

This will replace my KS-1 + Vultr for Plex.