Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any interest in cheap UK - J1900 dedicated servers - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any interest in cheap UK - J1900 dedicated servers

Comments

• Nekki said: Did you mean latency?

Yes!

• @W1V_Lee

not gonna waste my time arguing with you.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    This has nothing to do with onepound so it won't actually be their customer service.

You say that, but I can assure you that you would catch me responding to tickets and overseeing the venture, so rest assured the support would be on a par and exceeding what I can provide (The DC is staffed 24x7 and does not sleep, I alas do require some sleep)

• LeeLee Veteran

@TarZZ92 said:
    W1V_Lee

not gonna waste my time arguing with you.

Was not looking for an argument, you manage those pretty well on your own, I was referring to the opening post where it was stated:

"This would not be through myself but via the DC that I work for".

• W1V_Lee said: "This would not be through myself but via the DC that I work for".

not going to argue with a troll! but read what Stuart said above he cleared things..

Thanked by 1kingzero
  • TarZZ92 said: not going to argue with a troll! but read what Stuart said above he cleared things..

Sorry, what's the issue here? @W1V_Lee's point was a perfectly reasonable one.

• Nekki said: Sorry, what's the issue here?

I think the issue here is @TarZZ92

Thanked by 2ucxo Pwner
  • Nekki said: Sorry, what's the issue here? @W1V_Lee's point was a perfectly reasonable one.

I don't think it's reasonable at all . however Stuart has made things clear (above)

• LeeLee Veteran

Nothing to see here, you are arguing with yourself.

I was simply making it clear that onepound is not going to be the provider supplying this potential offer, rather the DC he works for.

Not suggesting that makes any difference to the quality of offer just making sure people do not misinterpret your comment.

however the support and customer service onepound provides is in my opinion worth the cost compared to other EU large providers.

• LeeLee Veteran

Out of curiosity, is there any similiar deals to compare in the UK at present? I remember poundhost did a £10 server sometime ago on LEB, but not seen anything else.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Out of curiosity, is there any similiar deals to compare in the UK at present? I remember poundhost did a £10 server sometime ago on LEB, but not seen anything else.

we got some Atom 230's going in @ £8/mo +VAT

• LeeLee Veteran

@MSPNick said:

Full spec?

• @W1V_Lee said:

Intel Atom 230 @ 1.60ghz
    2gb ram
    160gb hdd
    1 IP
    250gb bandwidth.

• @MSPNick said:

Same as a kidechire just with less BW (and a atom but same CPU speed)

• Just a tiny bit more expensive

• @MSPNick said:

I see what you did there.

Might buy one. Dont know yet

• MSPNick said: we got some Atom 230's going in @ £8/mo +VAT

Where can I throw my money at you??

• @W1V_Lee said:

Thanks for the mention.

I completely re-did our dedicated server range and pricing a month ago. Prices from £19 per month, no contracts:

http://www.poundhost.com/dedicated-servers

Also got a bunch of tin to sell (and ship out, not colo) if anyone is interested in that too. As well as some switches and DC gear.

Just drop me an email if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
    Greg

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @linuxthefish said:
    Where can I throw my money at you??

You can contact me on here for my skype.

• wychwych Member
    edited January 2015

@CheapVPS said:
    Also got a bunch of tin to sell (and ship out, not colo) if anyone is interested in that too. As well as some switches and DC gear.

Can you PM me some details on what you have available?

Also your signiture is slightly broken and taking about 10 lines up...

• @wych said:
    Can you PM me some details on what you have available?
    Also your signiture is slightly broken and taking about 10 lines up...

Yeh just messing with it, i've not been active on here for a while...

Will do, still sorting out what's available to get rid of. Probably be a few weeks.

It will be easier if you (and anyone else) PMs me your email addresses then I can keep them together and manage the emails in Outlook.

Also if anyone wants a deal on a normal rental dedi or bulk order through PoundHost I can sort that too.

• @CheapVPS said:

I have called you and left you a message. Please get back to me (-:

• @MSPNick said:
    I have called you and left you a message. Please get back to me (-:

Sorry mate I'm at DC at the moment and just about to leave, I think you got through to the NOC. If you want, PM your phone number and i'll give you a ring tomorrow.

• Option for ssd? :D

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@CheaVPS Chassis: "PoundHost" what is this? Cardboard or Metal Chassis? I am just
    curious.

• @Infinity580 said:
    CheaVPS Chassis: "PoundHost" what is this? Cardboard or Metal Chassis? I am just
    curious.

Not sure what you mean? All the servers are metal...!?

• OK, these are going ahead, Boss is still not convinced so provisioning time will be upto 1 week on initial paid orders (2 week credit will be applied for initial delayed orders). You will find a link in my sig where you may find more info/order.

A unique idea that I have managed to convince the go ahead on is that clients may ship us their own SATA drives to use in the server, this will enable you to have upto 4 of your own spec large hard drives for a small additional monthly fee (£3 regardless of number of hdd)

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • wychwych Member
    edited January 2015

@onepound said:
    You will find a link in my sig where you may find more info/order.

Looks good but the slider seems a little broken in Chrome, the table changes but the slider doesn't move.

Also when selecting the 2x1tb it didn't remember the selection when moving to the order form.

Nice idea on the HDD's - Do I send some HDD's or not...

Could we run a 1tb you provide and then ship some a few months in?

• @wych said:
    Could we run a 1tb you provide and then ship some a few months in?

Yeah that slider is broken. Those just indicate some example prices though. Full configuration is done on the order page.

Yes you could ship some harddrives to us at a later date

• wychwych Member
    edited January 2015

@onepound said:
    Yes you could ship some harddrives to us at a later date

Sounds great, I'm sure you'll see an order shortly!

Can you offer a IPv4 subnet or just single IP's?