Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any interest in cheap UK - J1900 dedicated servers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any interest in cheap UK - J1900 dedicated servers

Comments

• wych said: You do realise how expensive bandwidth in the UK is opposed to France?

Where did I mention bandwith?

• Interested if there is an option to buy extra IP's.

• wychwych Member
    edited January 2015

@foetti said:

You didn't but thats one of the major reasons the pricing is so different.

most people do not need it physically in the UK. So prices should somehow be compareable to online.net

Well no they shouldn't be comparable as they are two different servers in two different locations, the servers are in the UK and due to that the pricing will be different.

@realbusiness said:
    Interested if there is an option to buy extra IP's.

Don't blacklist them... ;)

• foetti said: But my guess is that most people do not need it physically in the UK. So prices should somehow be compareable to online.net.

No, they shouldn't. They should be priced to be sustainable based on the costs of running servers in the UK.

If the consumer doesn't want that, it's up to them, but you can't just magically match a price to a company with lower overheads and make it work.

Thanked by 2wych ucxo
  • Nekki said: No, they shouldn't. They should be priced to be sustainable based on the costs of running servers in the UK.

In terms of gauging the market (what the OP requested) this should matter. Since it shortens your market. That's all I pointed out.

Thanked by 1kingzero
  • @foetti said:

Depends if your focused on system spec vs location...

• foetti said: In terms of gauging the market (what the OP requested) this should matter. Since it shortens your market. That's all I pointed out.

I don't understand what you mean. Surely you gauge interest at a price point you can sustain, rather than lowering to meet a competitors price that you can't?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Nekki said: lower overheads

I personally do not understand why bw should be more expensive in UK, after all, they are having a lot of cables passing through there and DC operators can bring carriers to their DC pretty cheaply. As for other overheads, is the IT low wage lower in France than in UK, THAT much lower to matter? Is it a power problem?
    Don't get me wrong, I just try to see why it is so much cheaper in france than in UK, I would understand if we compare Romania with UK, but france is not that far off, right?

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • So I'm neither an European nor an American...
    Should my VAT be 0?

• in France power (especially for massive customers) is far cheaper though.

BW makes no difference across ALL EU markets anymore (in country capitals, rural area and smaller cities vary more)- The Tier1/Tier2s bill you THE SAME from Stockholm over Vienna to Bucharest.

• Nekki said: I don't understand what you mean.

If you have a competitive price you can attract more customers (even outside UK).

If you have a higher price you can only attract customers that go for the location (mainly UK residents).

Why should I buy a low performance machine in the UK if I get more power for less money in France?

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • William said: BW makes no difference across ALL EU markets anymore

We paid a much higher price in Croatia though.

• @Maounique said:

I think power in France is much cheaper because 75% of it is nuclear power

• Depends, Cogent sells in Zagreb at 1EUR as well, Level3 charges their consistent EU rate at 6EUR/Mbit (thats "list price" without NDA/sales deals), most others present there (which is very limited, not much foreign carriers are present in HR yet, now with EU this will grow) charge you an arm and a leg however (i've seen 10EUR+/Mbit from local ISPs)

• Sign me up

• @foetti said:

That's because your comparing spec for spec not location.

• wych said: That's because your comparing spec for spec not location.

Which again most customers (except UK residents) will do!

• @foetti not everyone can take over the world, neither should everyone try to do it. The offer would be good enough for many uses. Of course the people seeking the cheapest of the cheapest offer will prefer to go to OVH and online.net, but not everyone wants a server in France.

Thanked by 2wych bersy
  • interest here too!

• Interested too :)

• @hostnoob said:
    I think power in France is much cheaper because 75% of it is nuclear power

Based on conversations I've had with providers, this is exactly it, power in the UK is a fuckton more expensive.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Nekki said: Based on conversations I've had with providers, this is exactly it, power in the UK is a fuckton more expensive.

That is it then, thank you.

• sc754sc754 Member
    edited January 2015

I want one!

1gbit as standard though.... 100mbit is too low nowadays what with the speeds you can get from home connections.

• @Nekki said:

Somewhat the problem I am experiencing at the moment.

I'd love to see this offer though. For a UK location it'll be very good and decent!

• I'd be very interested. Do you have any current test IPs in that facility, I live in Southampton so would be very interested to see how pings are from my location aswell as downloads.

But to add to the thread, yes. very interested if the datacenter is good.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited January 2015

@Nekki said:

They get cheaper nuclear power, and if there's a nuclear accident we still pay the price anyway. gg England

• the bandwidth side of things wont make a huge difference. maybe 5ms, however the support and customer service onepound provides is in my opinion worth the cost compared to other EU large providers.

• LeeLee Veteran

TarZZ92 said: the support and customer service onepound provides is in my opinion worth the cost

This has nothing to do with onepound so it won't actually be their customer service.

• Very interested, as long as your low price isn't a leader for overpriced extras - should be able to at least make a raid 1 without doubling the price :) Any chance of allowing one-off rather than recurring payments on RAM/HDD upgrades?

• TarZZ92 said: the bandwidth side of things wont make a huge difference. maybe 5ms,

Did you mean latency?