Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unlimited or unmetered bandwidth/traffic - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unlimited or unmetered bandwidth/traffic

Comments

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited December 2014

TheKiller said: And which provider do unlimited/unmetered traffic in Asia?

As far as i know bandwidth in Asia is rather costly and unmetered use hardly available, even at 30Mbps. From our end, servers are comfortably located in Canada, Missouri and Pennsylvania.

• @TheKiller said:
    And which provider do unlimited/unmetered traffic in Asia?

At least in my region (South Korea) as far as I know, most of them gives you unlimited with your money so it is metered, it comes with terrible overusage traffic pricing.
    I know one korean provider who gives 30Mbps colocation for $90-100 a month provided under a gigabit line, if you exceed 30Mbps in concurrent usage, additional charges are $256 each 10Mbps, No 1Mbps or 100kbps' or so is available.

• @TheKiller I have 6Mbps unmettered one in Asia ;)

• c1bl said: @TheKiller I have 6Mbps unmettered one in Asia ;)

I have 8mbps unmetered. But I asked commercial bandwidth, that a provider provides.

• century1stop said: I've checked with my upstream provider and there's no limit. How many clients would have 100TB legit data anyhow?

What difference does it make to you whether data transfer is used in a 'legitimate' way or not? Data transfer is data transfer. Make your advertisement and stick to it without the bullshit ToS to hide behind.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • kcaj said: What difference does it make to you whether data transfer is used in a 'legitimate' way or not? Data transfer is data transfer. Make your advertisement and stick to it without the bullshit ToS to hide behind.

Duh, synchronized DDoS is also data. Putting the term "legit" is to ensure accuracy.

• century1stop said: Duh, synchronized DDoS is also data. Putting the term "legit" is to ensure accuracy.

Cool, so if I want to shift data back and forth between another box of mine at several hundred Mb/s, that should be no problem?

• How does any one of you that commented know the TOS is bullshit? Bla,bla, bla.....

• @century1stop said:
    Duh, synchronized DDoS is also data. Putting the term "legit" is to ensure accuracy.

Bullshit. You would hopefully suspend someone with outbound DDoS regardless of their bandwidth usage.

• 4n0nx said: Bullshit. You would hopefully suspend someone with outbound DDoS regardless of their bandwidth usage.

Guess you are vying to be a provider, haha. Mark the IP, it's one that DDoS us.
    Nah, I wouldn't suspend you, the upstream will just block your IP :)

• kcaj said: Cool, so if I want to shift data back and forth between another box of mine at several hundred Mb/s, that should be no problem?

Can you answer my question please.

century1stop said: Guess you are vying to be a provider, haha. Mark the IP, it's one that DDoS us. Nah, I wouldn't suspend you, the upstream will just block your IP :)

• kcaj said: Cool, so if I want to shift data back and forth between another box of mine at several hundred Mb/s, that should be no problem?

I hear Vultr is good. Glad to know they allow you to move your data forward and backward.

• century1stop said: I hear Vultr is good. Glad to know they allow you to move your data forward and backward.

So your answer is 'your usage is too unlimited for me to handle, move elsewhere'.

I think that concludes this thread.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • As long as upstream provider does not detect any issue.

• kcaj said: So your answer is 'your usage is too unlimited for me to handle, move elsewhere'.

I think that concludes this thread.

Wrong, haven't answered yet. Eager to jump to conclusions, I see.....

• @kcaj you think providers provide unlimited bandwidth for what purposes?

• kcaj said: kcaj.me - I recommend Vultr!

I saw this!

• c1bl said: @kcaj you think providers provide unlimited bandwidth for what purposes?

To test how well traffic moves forward and backward, haha

• Someone let a child rent a room and tell him "You can use water for free, we don't charge for water". The the child leave the taps running 24/7. Really nice

• @century1stop said:
    However in most cases, you'd be one out of a hundred or more, and most will not even use up to 1TB per month.

I already had some seed boxes and with one I got over 1TB after 2 weeks :3 and I seeded only legit stuff, seriously.

• @century1stop said:
    However in most cases, you'd be one out of a hundred or more, and most will not even use up to 1TB per month.

I already had some seed boxes and with one I got over 1TB after 2 weeks :3 and I seeded only legit stuff, seriously.

• nexusrain said: I already had some seed boxes and with one I got over 1TB after 2 weeks :3 and I seeded only legit stuff, seriously.

You need to go through your provider's TOS in detail, it's probably mentioned. Most ppl do not read the TOS.

• @4n0nx said:
    I can see the ugly website and hidden whois.

Hmm and I can see the level going down.

• haha

Thanked by 1nexusrain
  • @century1stop said:
    Even google will only use 300GB - 500GB per day (approx.) based on 100,000 visitors

Youtube on the other hand...

• hostnoob said: Youtube on the other hand...

No data on youtube, sorry. They're using streaming..... saves bandwidth, hosted on ds

• @century1stop said:
    No data on youtube, sorry. They're using streaming..... saves bandwidth, hosted on ds

Lol what...

• I was with hostgator for 6 years and my account got suspended after i reached 80GB. I have moved to misterhost.net in a unlimited offer and i have 120Gb untill now and those guys are very friendly. There is no unlimuted space but noone will use more then 150GB.

• BuyAds said: I was with hostgator for 6 years and my account got suspended after i reached 80GB.

Didn't you check with their support for an upgrade or something? Quite sure they would accommodate seeing you were a long term client......