Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unlimited or unmetered bandwidth/traffic - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unlimited or unmetered bandwidth/traffic

Comments

• 4n0nx said: You ASSUMED (haha) I am a trouble maker. I have never actually caused trouble as a customer. I pay my invoice on time and cause no abuse.

Need not comment, your post speaks for itself.

4n0nx said: Of course I have never and will never be a client of someone who falsely advertises "unlimited".

How do you know?

4n0nx said: I was unaware that "legit" means "legal" these days. It is not for you to say, exactly. So why mention it? Because you will take a closer look at the VPS of your customer when they use the "unlimited" bandwidth you advertised? So trustworthy and professional.

Another assumption. Hope you get your fairy tale going

• < accuse someone of something for no reason
    < not take their word for it
    <

Hey I think you are a scammer. Your posts speak for themselves. No need to deny it.

• 4n0nx said: Hey I think you are a scammer. Your posts speak for themselves. No need to deny it.

*****yawn*******

• ZzZzZz.....

• You never answered my questions.

False advertisement - check
    Bad support ability - check

• 4n0nx said: You never answered my questions.

False advertisement - check Bad support ability - check

Huh? What questions? Sorry snoozing.... go check all you want, p

• Really making customers want to buy from century1stop. Go advertise falsely all you want.

• 4n0nx said: Really making customers want to buy from century1stop. Go advertise falsely all you want.

what happened to your question? You are not a client, never will be one, not for you to comment, cause you don't know. Sometimes I like entertaining ass-umers and make believers for the heck of it.

• @century1stop said:
    what happened to your question? You are not a client, never will be one, not for you to comment, cause you don't know. Sometimes I like entertaining ass-umers and make believers for the heck of it.

*****yawn*******

I can see the ugly website and hidden whois.

• thank you.......erm you're getting pathetic, some ppl just don't know when to stop

• @century1stop said:
    thank you.......erm you're getting pathetic, some ppl just don't know when to stop

ZzZzZz.....

• sweet dreams, RiP

• @century1stop you really need to hire a website designer. Your website layout breaks on almost all screen sizes

• c1bl said: @century1stop you really need to hire a website designer. Your website layout breaks on almost all screen sizes

May I know which browser you're using? Quite difficult to customize the billing application pre-configuration

• It breaks at <1366 pixels and > i cant check right now.

Nice 2checkout and crissic ref link \o/

• I use all public browsers available bro

• hmm, I've tested on IE, Opera, Chrome, looked okay. Could I be missing something?

• @century1stop said:
    hmm, I've tested on IE, Opera, Chrome, looked okay. Could I be missing something?

You tested on live server or your localhost?

• @SNetworks1 said:
    If anyone managed to use 50TB I'd love to know how they managed it ;)

A few of my clients have used that much before now.

@century1stop There are a few unmetered solutions out there ;)

• I looked to your site and it felt like I was back in 00s but then on footer it is copyrighted to 2014. I missed something?

Oh and it breaks on cellphone.

• c1bl said: You tested on live server or your localhost?

nope

• Gadelhas said: I looked to your site and it felt like I was back in 00s but then on footer it is copyrighted to 2014. I missed something?

Oh and it breaks on cellphone.

We'll look into it,never did test on cell

• wych said: A few of my clients have used that much before now.

@century1stop There are a few unmetered solutions out there ;)

yea, especially in Europe

• thanks for pointing it out guys, just found some errors

• century1stop said: You sound like a trouble maker, that's trendy nowadays.

You sound like a troublemaker to be honest. If you are thinking about using terms like unmetered or unlimited you would have to think about the consequences. If then someone puts an Android ROM download site on that VPS and generates 80tb, that wouldn't be ok I guess.

What I am trying to say is: If you know how to assure the quality you promised then go ahead and offer unlimited services, but if you don't want clients to actually use it, then just don't offer it in the first place.

I HATE providers, who offer unlimited traffic and then after 5 or 10tb they tell you "oh come on, that's not cool, it's not intended this way, you should get a dedi bla bla bla" even if no ressources were used (files in RAM, so no disk IO) but the network.

Either you can provide unlimited or you can't, design your offers the way you can handle them! It's not a problem to say "we won't suspend you, but there is a soft limit at 5tb". That is totally fine, I can live with that info if I have it upfront.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • chrisp said: You sound like a troublemaker to be honest. If you are thinking about using terms like unmetered or unlimited

using terms like unmetered or unlimited is making trouble? This isn't an offer post anyway.

chrisp said: I HATE providers, who offer unlimited traffic and then after 5 or 10tb they tell you "oh come on, that's not cool, it's not intended this way, you should get a dedi bla bla bla" even if no ressources were used (files in RAM, so no disk IO) but the network.

Good, then my decision to offer unlimited and unmetered stays. Upstream provider doesn't impose a limit, and we follow suit.

• SNetworks1 said: If anyone managed to use 50TB I'd love to know how they managed it ;)

not that hard really..

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited December 2014

century1stop said: using terms like unmetered or unlimited is making trouble? This isn't an offer post anyway.

Actually no, not if you really provide it. If you offer 1gbit unmetered VPSes and I could use 200tb and that's fine for you then I have nothing against you or your service (not that I would actually use that kind of bandwidth, it's rather a general point).

The only thing I wanted to add to this discussion is, that if you can't ensure good service you shouldn't offer crazy unmetered stuff in the first place.

Example of a fair and honest offer structure:
    http://www.domflow.it/oneplans.php

They can ensure the quality, but they won't offer 500Mbps on the 3€ plan, because they do not want people to transfer 120tb or something crazy like that. That is the kind of offer structure you should have. You should never as a provider offer 1gbps unmetered unlimited on a 1gbps node. It will definitely cause trouble.

Edit: Sorry, if this is all about Dedis, then just go ahead. I don't care anyway :D

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • And which provider do unlimited/unmetered traffic in Asia?

• chrisp said: They can ensure the quality, but they won't offer 500Mbps on the 3€ plan, because they do not want people to transfer 120tb or something crazy like that. That is the kind of offer structure you should have. You should never as a provider offer 1gbps unmetered unlimited on a 1gbps node. It will definitely cause trouble.

First of all, it's 1Gbit burst and resources are on fair share basis. It's quite clear in the site. Rather hypothetical comment, don't you think?