Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosted Monitoring - Quick Poll
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosted Monitoring - Quick Poll

Hello guys,

Would you like hosted monitoring for $2/mth?

Thanks,
0xdragon.

-
  1. Answer the question!106 votes
    1. Yes!
      45.28%
    2. Heck no!
      54.72%

Comments

• @0xdragon said:

>

Would you like hosted monitoring for $2/mth?

Can you be more specific?

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@camjac251 said:
    Can you be more specific?

I'd assume a hosted Observium, or a munin installation.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @matthewvz said:
    I'd assume a hosted Observium, or a munin installation.

Yep, Observium or Munin.

• any limitation per server?

• @myshahrul said:
    any limitation per server?

No limitations.

• @0xdragon said:
    No limitations.

Sound good. im not tech savvy, if u want build it with easy installation on server, good to go i think.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I'd probably go for it

• I'd go for it too. Right now, we're taking a different approach and using ServerPing, which is working rather well for our customers as it allows them to monitor their websites etc...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Be careful with Munin, it is a resource hog and does not scale well.

• Cheaper!

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • cheaper and yearly payment option ..

• https://github.com/munroenet/serverstatus

Why pay when you can do it for free?

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited December 2014

@Mun said:
    https://github.com/munroenet/serverstatus

Why pay when you can do it for free?

"Hosted" :) , besides , knowing @0xdragon

I might have to buy into this project soon ...

• Hey guys, the service is now almost ready! Website is now up at http://cloudcommando.com/

@GoodHosting, you might have to buy into my project after all ;)

• @0xdragon said:
    Hey guys, the service is now almost ready! Website is now up at http://cloudcommando.com/

nice, that looks promising. mind to share some more technical background?

and whats that backup service about? does it mean backup for the observium instance itself or additional cloud space like dropbox, hubic, etc. ?

are you able/willing to tell, when this will become available for ordering ;-)

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited December 2014

@Falzo said:

I'll share more technical background in the coming days :)

The backup service is actually OnApp storage, which is better than RAID50. Which you can access via rsync.

Plans are this Sunday for launch day!

• 0xdragon said: The backup service is actually OnApp storage, which is better than RAID50. Which you can access via rsync.

ok. now I can't wait for getting my hands onto this...

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Your current pricing on the website looks perfect, I will buy this for sure.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Ok, so pricing looks right in the ballpark, Your using Observium? Is it the paid or the community version? and will you have email ( or other ) alerts for resources and outages?

• Also, I like the secret offer ;)

Thanked by 10xdragon
    edited December 2014

@bohdans said:
    Ok, so pricing looks right in the ballpark, Your using Observium? Is it the paid or the community version? and will you have email ( or other ) alerts for resources and outages?

Community version, the paid one is a single install for quite a lot more than what I'm charging ;)

Yep, a SMS gateway is in the works. Observium and the Web monitoring both have email alerts built in.

• The_creatorThe_creator Member
    edited December 2014

The service looks good will give it a try :) in next week or so after it is launched.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @0xdragon I thought the community version did not have alerts?
    Also did you check out LibreNMS? they are a fork of Observium before they dropped the open source licence.

Thanked by 1cassa
  • @0xdragon said:
    GoodHosting, you might have to buy into my project after all ;)

You've yet to give me a "Buy in" button anywhere :/.

• @bohdans said:
    0xdragon I thought the community version did not have alerts?
    Also did you check out LibreNMS? they are a fork of Observium before they dropped the open source licence.

Ah, you're right, sorry! I was playing with the SVN version on my own licence.

I've seen that before, yes. I debated using and decided against it initially, but I'll add it as an option at no cost!

• @GoodHosting said:
    You've yet to give me a "Buy in" button anywhere :/.

I'll send you one tomorrow morning ;)

• Aww already thought that it is going to be the paid version of Observium, as "A premium observium" is a bit misleading. Would have bought it otherwise, but alerts are important for me.

@bohdans Does LibreNMS already support alerts? Tried to find something on their page and changelog but didn't find anything.

• socialssocials Member
    edited December 2014

@NeoXiD said:
    Does LibreNMS already support alerts? Tried to find something on their page and changelog but didn't find anything.

Yes. But LibreNMS overall is kinda shite compared to Observium.

It feels like a very lite and minimal version of Observium.

edited December 2014

@NeoXiD said:
    Aww already thought that it is going to be the paid version of Observium, as "A premium observium" is a bit misleading. Would have bought it otherwise, but alerts are important for me.

bohdans Does LibreNMS already support alerts? Tried to find something on their page and changelog but didn't find anything.

Hey there, I'm currently waiting for a reply from Observium staff as to whether I am able to use the paid version, and possible licencing :)

Don't lose hope just yet!

I should also note that the community edition does, in fact, have alerting. They're just legacy alerts, but the latest community version (released on 21st Nov 2014) does have quite a few changes than the last time you might have used it. :)

• @0xdragon: I'll keep an eye on the thread then - if that should work out with the paid version, you'll have one customer for sure.