Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TorqHost merged with WaveCom - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TorqHost merged with WaveCom

13»

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2015

@Infinity580 said:
    Me also...

Are you on the sooper-dooper 9 Euro yearly Xen plan by any chance?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Nah only KVM and OVZ, no XEN.

• LESLES Member
    edited March 2015

Got my invoice mail after the migration (was overdue at torqhost)

• A question regarding invoices... I just noticed that I am charged a 20% VAT (the same is true when it was still Torqhost). That's the standard VAT tax rate in Estonia, but since I am not a resident of Estonia, and since the Estonian VAT principles are the same as in other EU countries, shouldn't I be charged my local VAT rate instead (of no VAT at all if non-EU)?

• If you're selling to a private individual, and the value of your sales to that country in the year are below the 'distance selling threshold' for that country, one should charge VAT on the invoice based on origin country's rates. Over that threshold, you're liable to register and account for VAT in your customers' country.
    http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/resources/documents/taxation/vat/traders/vat_community/vat_in_EC_annexI.pdf

So far Wavecom or Torqhost parent company hasnt exceeded that threshold.
    Actually Torqhost had three entities just to avoid taxation issues.

Thanked by 1zeitgeist
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

jaakka said: Actually Torqhost had three entities just to avoid taxation

Fixed that for you :D

• zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited March 2015

@jaakka said:
    If you're selling to a private individual, and the value of your sales to that country in the year are below the 'distance selling threshold' for that country, one should charge VAT on the invoice based on origin country's rates. Over that threshold, you're liable to register and account for VAT in your customers' country.

Thanks for explanation, much appreciated. In other words, Torqhost, or now the Wavecom entity, would have to have yearly revenues below 550.000 EEK (~35.000 EUR), since otherwise they would have to register for VAT? That's seems very little to me for a hoster.

Since you specifically referred to a private individual, does it matter if they are selling services to me as a company (invoices are also issued to the company)?

• I migrated my site to another vps. The Wavecom is not so LEB friendly company (unlike Torqhost)