Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TorqHost merged with WaveCom
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TorqHost merged with WaveCom

Just got this e-mail from Deniss Nikiforov of TorqHost:

Dear valued Torqhost customer.

On the 19th of November 2014, WaveCom LTD and TORQhost LLC signed a contract where all the cloud and dedicated server clients of TORQhost were acquired by WaveCom.

The main goal of the purchase of the client portfolio by WaveCom was to significantly increase its market share in the cloud and dedicated server market. The addition of 800 cloud and 50 dedicated servers makes WaveCom the biggest cloud server provider in Estonia. The next goal is to achieve the same status in the Baltic States.

All the service management, support and billing will be transferred to a new client portal in the upcoming weeks. This self-service portal offers significantly more convenient and comprehensive service management. There will be no changes in prices and features for TORQhost clients.

Beginning from December 2014 all the invoices to TORQhost clients will be sent from WaveCom LTD. A more detailed e-mail with instructions will be sent to customers after the transfer to the new client portal has been finished. Invoices issued before the transition should be paid to the bank account of TORQhost.

A new generation of cloud server infrastructure will be available shortly from WaveCom. The new system based on VMware and Cloudstack software offers high availability cloud services with unprecedented levels of flexibility and manageability. Users of the current KVM and XEN systems can be migrated to the new system free of charge. Servers will be migrated with the VMware converter tool without any significant downtime. After migration the cost of services will remain the same.

WaveCom LTD is a telecommunications operator offering internet, VOIP, server and data hosting services with high quality yet affordable prices to private and corporate clients for more than 13 years.

In the year 2011, a new datacenter was opened which offers modern solutions, advanced technology and redundant links ensuring the high quality of all services.

As WaveCom was founded in 2001 with a shareholder's equity of 1.2 million EEK. Current credit rating is AA (Very Good).

More info about WaveCom and its services can be found here https://www.wavecom.ee/en

Comments

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited November 2014

said: Current credit rating is AA (Very Good).

Wondering who rated them or how they are rated...

said: shareholder's equity of 1.2 million EEK.

And EEK doesn't even exist anymore...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonian_kroon

• I doubt there will be any drastic change.

said: TORQhost LLC signed a contract where all the cloud and dedicated server clients of TORQhost were acquired by WaveCom

Cloud? TORQhost? That's a new one...

Also still no word about IPv6 promised "in two months" several years ago (2011 :-)

Thanked by 2mpkossen rds100
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Spirit said: I doubt there will be any drastic change.

Finally maybe we will get IPv6... oh you thought of that already.

• Don't know what service quality will offer WaveCom...

Anyone knows if the customers will be assigned new ips and new vpses and some time to move the data or will they keep the IP space too?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I presume everything will stay the same because this is a full acquisition, including all infrastructure, so the IPv4 too including existing colo contracts, and all.

Undoubtedly, there will be changes in time to cut costs and improve service, but it will go on in steps and I am sure most people except the undesired customers will be given ample time to adapt to the changes.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • IP space will be the same, since its already owned by Wavecom.
    Migration to Cloudstack will most likely follow in coming years.

• Maounique said: top - 22:32:38 up 906 days, 2:58, 1 user, load average: 3.94, 5.13, 8.38

I have a Xen node with 1140 days of uptime!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • mpkossen said: I have a Xen node with 1140 days of uptime!

A node with no reboot to change the kernel?

Wow!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

ben78 said: A node with no reboot to change the kernel?

He probably was not hit by the time change bug in 2011 I think. We were, as well as the escalating privileges bug, but if he uses only for internal purposes then that is no problem, it can stay up for years.

• @ben78 said:
    A node with no reboot to change the kernel?

Yep and yep.

Maounique said: He probably was not hit by the time change bug in 2011 I think. We were, as well as the escalating privileges bug, but if he uses only for internal purposes then that is no problem, it can stay up for years.

Indeed. It's for internal purposes, most nodes don't have public exposure (anymore), and as far as the bugs go: we haven't experienced many other than time sync issues.

It's an older node (which should be obvious now :P) and it mostly hold non-critical stuff. All the critical stuff has been moved to newer nodes.

• Keep updating us if things change. TorqHost was exceptionally nice and I still want to pick up one VPS from them. I horde stable VPS's... >:o

• Torqhost was already hosted in Wavecom infrastructure I think, so I highly doubt there'll be any changes networkwise.

• @Xei said:
    Keep updating us if things change. TorqHost was exceptionally nice and I still want to pick up one VPS from them. I horde stable VPS's... >:o

Agreed!

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • Seems like they starting moving the accounts to their new infrastructure.

BTW do you guys experience a price change or does the plans and pricing really stay the same?

• Happy with my tiny single cheap Torqhost VPS for over a year now. Fast, stable, current uptime : 122 days. Nothing to complain about :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Anyone who got also new login details? And it says TorqHost Panel has been disabled but i can't see my OVZ one at WaveCom...

• I have one kvm and the cost was about $60 but it's €60 now! hmm..

• @andrew said:
    I have one kvm and the cost was about $60 but it's €60 now! hmm..

Do you have already the new prices for existing TorqHost customers?

• Well, it will be interesting to see, because there were Torqhost plans (I'm on one of them) that are not covered by similar current Wavecom plans.

• My VPS isn't accessible right now. Not sure if they are doing migration work or something. Didn't receive a email warning or anything.

• From what I understand the migration will be finished by the end of next week.

Prices can go up, I asked why and they did answer it was because of new VAT rules, which doesn't make much sense IMO as TorqHost was supposed to pay VAT too.

I believe they try to increase the profit as those plans anyway didn't fit what they are trying to sell.

Regarding the content one can host on those VPS, do you think that the TOS are the same that TorqHost?

• Received an invoice today from Wavecom with a price increase from 12.50 to 15.00 euro.
    Now I've also received a Torqhost invoice for 12.50 euro!

• ben78 said: A node with no reboot to change the kernel?

Maybe KSplice :

• XeiXei Member
    edited February 2015

Acquisitions rarely seem to go well. From WaveCom site:

Problems with hosting and VOIP
    There was a serious and unrepairable technical breakdown in the data storage of WaveCom in 27.01.2015 which disabled our hosting and VOIP services. At the moment we have restored to new servers more than 90% of the websites. The restoration has been made more difficult by technical problems on some hosting accounts. Main problem being too many files. Those accounts need to be restored manually and take much longer. Sadly not all of the backups are recent. It has been confirmed that our data storage will not be completely recoverable but we will be able to restore most of the data. We hope to have more information about the data restoration on monday morning. Our whole staff is giving doing their best to restore all the services as soon as possible. We try to cover the damages caused with a compensation package, details of which will be revealed next week. We are terribly sorry for all the inconveniences caused.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2015

One of my OpenVZ boxes (Xen and KVM boxes migration went well) also didn't survive migration from TorqHost to WaveCom. Apparently due to some incompatibility of Debian 7 with their new infrastructure (?!).
    I was prepared on this, so it didn't create any worth to mention issue and also support responded with preparation to create new container and move files to new one.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Mine seems to be fine, haven't really been paying attention. But the network quality seems to have deteriorated, getting more packet loss and other connectivity issues.

• Seems like it's single homed.

http://bgp.he.net/AS34702#_asinfo

Don't remember how it was before the acquisition, but I think the routing has definitely changed.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

zeitgeist said: Don't remember how it was before the acquisition

Same.

but I think the routing has definitely changed.

It did not.

• @rm_ said:
    It did not.

Alright, mea culpa.