Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TorqHost merged with WaveCom - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TorqHost merged with WaveCom

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2015

The only notable change in the past years is that last summer Linxtelecom left (or heavily de-preferred) MSK-IX, so latency to Russian ISPs increased somewhat. What doesn't change, is the continued lack of any IPv6 whatsoever, I think everyone just gave up on even asking for it anymore.

• 2 days now no response to my ticket, TUN and iptables_nat are no longer working

• anyone elses Torqhost openvz down? I sent a ticket to wavecom but the server isnt showing in my wavecom account (it does show in the torqhost whmcs though)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

KVM and OpenVZ working here.

• KVM and Xen migration went smooth, but OpenVZ migrations are complete fail. First they ruined one of my VPS, reinstalled new one which later disappeared from billing and control panel (but box is still up).
    And now another VPS disappeared. I hope they did not ruin this one too.

• @Spirit said:
    KVM and Xen migration went smooth, but OpenVZ migrations are complete fail. First they ruined one of my VPS, reinstalled new one which later disappeared from billing and control panel (but box is still up).
    And now another VPS disappeared. I hope they did not ruin this one too.

Did you get any notification of this migration? Because I have a box there that's quite important and haven't gotten any notice about a migration.

I didnt noticed that, my OpenVZ at Torqhost was rebooted about 8 hours ago, and i see some outages at the Network at this time weird.

• mpkossen said: Did you get any notification of this migration? Because I have a box there that's quite important and haven't gotten any notice about a migration.

No I didn't.
    I am getting 66% packet loss with newly migrated OpenVZ box there.
    First one was down like 2 days. Because migration (I didn't know about as I haven't recieved any notification) somehow failed.

• My OpenVZ VPS has been offline now 11 days. I sent a ticket after few offline days and got answer quite fast (in few hours):
    "We will add Your VPS somewhere during the next few weeks."

Eh... And cannot see VPS from new control panel, it is just empty.

edited February 2015

I guess, Torqhost turned into bad stuff. So time to move.

edited February 2015

Seems like they also started to access to the OVZ boxes without even asking:

ALERT - Root Shell Access (*********) on: Fri Feb 20 13:26:35 CET 2015

• My Xen server with them is still as solid as ever, although with my yearly renewal due next month I'll be watching this thread with interest...

• @Infinity580 said:
    Seems like they also started to access to the OVZ boxes without even asking:

ALERT - Root Shell Access (*********) on: Fri Feb 20 13:26:35 CET 2015

Where did you get the alert?

edited February 2015

@World E-Mail, there was a tutorial to install that.

• The support told me (two weeks ago) they had a major storage failure and lost some data included billing. (With the hope restore everything in next week).

• @Infinity580 said:
    World E-Mail, there was a tutorial to install that.

Could you please tell me how to find the install tutorial?Maybe PM me.

edited February 2015

However, they told me they tried to get sure that after moving to a new node networking works etc. I didnt saw any network downtime so far but okay.

Just google for SSH login alert or something related to it.

edit: http://www.crucialp.com/resources/tutorials/secure-server-securing/email-alert-root-ssh-login-e-mail/

Thanked by 1World
  • Anyone with torqhost/wavecom OpenVZ box actually online lately?

• Spirit said: Anyone with torqhost/wavecom OpenVZ box actually online lately?

Mine is online. I got an email with new control panel information, things seem to be working fine but the node is a little slow.

@black can confirm that, Observium takes over 1 minute to load the login page.

I gonna drop them a ticket.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2015

One of my OpenVZ went offline yesterday, gives "API disabled. Import mode enabled" error.

Edit: I can boot it from SolusVM panel, but it's still offline, it shows:

Memory Usage
    0%
    0 of 0 Used / 0 Free
    VSwap Usage
    0%
    0 of 0 Used / 0 Free

Edit2: seems to be working now o_O

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

They deleted my KVM VPS despite it still had 6 days left on it's paid period.

• Guess I'll need to move my Observium elsewhere then. Shame, they used to be so good.

• I agree. Torqhost just worked. Never a complaint.

• BBTNBBTN Member

Worked like a charm before. Now I/O got so slow I barely can't run my little Piwik installation.

• bobbybobby Member

I was sad to see TH go, but it seems to get better now, both in regard to billing/support and performance. My 512 ovz' are back to same/better performance, and KVM works nicely too. Shoot support a ticket if you have issues, fast and ok replies.

• After I had multiple billing systems sending me e-mails for payments and then I couldn't login to the wavecom one and could only login to Torqhost. Then you couldn't pay the bill, so I just got annoyed and canceled my instance. Of course they continued to send me invoices ignoring the cancellation request... but whatever, I figure if they can't be bothered to integrate things correctly into their new system then I can't be bothered to renew.

TL;DR: I canceled my server with them.. TH as others said just worked and was simple... this... seems to be a mess.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1rm_
  • LESLES Member

My VPS migration was successfully completed now.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Has anyone had invoice emails from Wavecom? I logged into the panel today to find I've got an unpaid invoice I've never received by email.

Me also...