Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impossible to obtain a response from Delimiter - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Impossible to obtain a response from Delimiter

124»

Comments

• So if you left off the numbers from your home address, why didn't you just provide that vs changing to a new apparently unverifiable address? Would that not have avoided all of this?

• alexhalexh Member
    edited November 2014

AnthonySmith said: lol.... just, lol

I'm out the host hate crew is in.

I thought you already left for good.

wych said: Why don't we all take a deep breath and wait and see what

I agree, but Mark is a very level-headed person. He's always helpful and honest. It's hard not to believe what he has to say here.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • This is not necessarily for Alessio, but to all readers of this thread.

Based on my experience as an ISO27001 Auditor, many companies has to comply with certain international standards (HIPAA, ISO, British Standard, Visa Master, PCI etc), and those organizations require companies to run internal and external audit periodically (6 month internal, 1 year external, 3 years certification).

One of the audit that have to be performed related to CIF (Customer Information File) is verifiable customer information unless the customer uses a service that requires personal information verification like bank or non-bank financial institution like Skrill.

Sometimes, a customer might successfully register with bad/incomplete (not fraud) personal information. However, when there is an audit (be it internal or external), the auditee has to comply with the auditor and report what action have been taken to complete the incomplete data.

When there is an unsolved problem, still a report have to be submitted to the auditor stating what action has been taken to resolve the audit issue. In some cases, action taken is reporting a customer to the Board of Banking Council to be blacklisted (in case of a bank).

I think the situation here is quite similar, so this delicate situation should be handled properly.

• That does sound all well and good.

Personally I would question why the issue wasn't raised at the point of sign up. No hat in the ring for me, it just seems 'awkward' that the question arises two months into a contract.

• ricardo said: Personally I would question why the issue wasn't raised at the point of sign up. No hat in the ring for me, it just seems 'awkward' that the question arises two months into a contract.

Mostly the sales department have to fulfill their target, and sometimes missed the security issue.

During audit, the auditor scrutinize the CIF and Origin of Payment :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

alexh said: I thought you already left for good.

I don't recall saying that.

• Fucking hell, we're just going round in circles here.

We can debate the whys and wherefores, but the fact remains that nothing is going to happen due to the thread; Mark will not take this forward with Delimiter on @alessio's behalf as he believes nothing improper happened.

@alessio -I'm going to lock this thread now as I don't see anything more will come of it; if you object to that, please drop me a PM to discuss.

This discussion has been closed.