Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impossible to obtain a response from Delimiter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Impossible to obtain a response from Delimiter

alessioalessio Member
edited November 2014 in General

I didnt wish to go public with this but due to a complete radio silence from the concerned parties it might be only way to get some attention and get this fixed.

Just a quick summary about the background story

In May this year I ordered a service from DelimiterVPS for a work related project, paid for it and got it successfully deployed. For almost two months everything was fine until my instance was suspended and I was informed that there was a small inaccuracy in my contact information. Upon verification I noticed that this claim was partially true and made the necessary updates.

Upon this however Delimiter neither reactivated the instance nor verified the address via letter (as they specifically pointed out beforehand themselves), but instead started looking up random phones number listed under the given address and stated that nobody would have ever heard of my person at this number. This was not much of a surprise given that it is a set of buildings with many departments and many phone numbers and the number they looked up simply was not associated with me. They ignored to address this explanation and also refused to go through with their very own requirement of a letter mail verification. Eventually this was an unfortunate decision from their side but as they were issueing a pro-rated refund (despite technically missing roughly two weeks) and I did not have a particular need to host with Delimiter I chose not to pursue and go along with their decision.

So far, so good, not a pleasant experience but not much of an actual problem and not really a reason to make a fuss about it. The problem started last week when I was attempting to place an order with a different service provider and got my order cancelled with the remark that I would have somewhere an alleged - quote - fraud record. Upon enquiring I was given a fraudrecord.com entry (LINK REDACTED) created by Delimiter.

It has been now eight days and counting since I contacted Delimiter and FraudRecord trying to get this groundless entry removed. However both messages, the initial enquiry plus a follow-up, have been left unanswered up until this day. @MarkTurner unfortunately could or did not want to assist either. His response last week was (partially understandable) "This is for Delimiter to resolve" and "Not my headache, I am not getting the middle of it.", however now (after obviously not receiving an official response) that I asked him to kindly escalate this internally within Delimiter and/or their parent Yomura, fell silent as well.

Just for the sake of good order and to make this absolutely and without doubt clear, there has never been any financially or technically related issue in regards to the account. There was neither an issue with the payment at any single point (which was well beyond a chargeback period anyhow) nor any technical issue of the sort of attacks or other malicious conduct. The sole reason for them passing on my data to a third party are their incorrect assumptions they deliberately chose to stick to. Not anything even remotely fraud related.

I apologise for making this bluntly public but considering that no party seems to be willing to take any action I am not left with a lot of other options (apart from sending legal mail) and sincerely hope that this posting will grab Delimiter's attention (here on the forum in particularly @MarkTurner's) and will get this issue finally resolved.

Not wanting to do business with me or listening to my arguments and explanations is one thing, deliberately and unjustifiedly tarnishing my reputation another. In 17 years of being a customer of a large number of different hosting providers I have experienced many things, nothing like this though.

Comments

• As I have told you in private email, you need to contact FraudRecord and Delimiter. Primarily FraudRecord because Delimiter wouldn't have filed the report unless they believed the report was accurate and valid; FraudRecord will need to arbitrate it.

From the tickets I saw, I think Delimiter's posting was accurate. They repeatedly asked you to provide accurate information, you didn't. They tried to verify the information provided and none of stacked up. So they ended your service.

You failed to satisfy their requirement for accurate and valid contact information. They canceled your service and refunded you.

• MarkTurner said: As I have told you in private email, you need to contact FraudRecord and Delimiter.

As you can see from this posting I did. Eight days nothing.

MarkTurner said: Delimiter wouldn't have filed the report unless they believed the report was accurate and valid

Please see this posting as well.

MarkTurner said: They repeatedly asked you to provide accurate information, you didn't.

This is wrong I am afraid, but again the entire story is in detail above.

MarkTurner said: They canceled your service and refunded you.

True, but as - again - described above this is not the issue at all.

• The point about being repeatedly asked is totally true, I have seen the tickets with my own eyes. As I told you, I think Delimiter was right in their filing:

Bogus signup information provided

True

Very combative when asked for accurate information

True

Paypal location doesn't match provided address and Paypal not verified

True

So the report was accurate.

That ends the matter.

Contact FraudRecord if you want to appeal it. If they think what was written was wrong then they will of course remove it. They have been very proactive in the past at removing invalid reports.

• Going to get some popcorn, hang on!

• @TheLonely - I wouldn't worry, I have nothing to say further on this. I answered this by PM over a week ago. He knows what to do. If FraudRecord don't want to respond to him then thats between them and the OP. I satisfied myself on this matter when I was first contacted.

• alessioalessio Member
    edited November 2014

MarkTurner said: The point about being repeatedly asked is totally true, I have seen the tickets with my own eyes.

And you can also see what I responded. Please elaborate on what of above's description is incorrect.

MarkTurner said: So the report was accurate.

I kindly ask you to read what I wrote above. This would clear up a lot of confusion.

It was not bogus, there was an inaccuracy, as I wrote, but this got corrected. As for "combative", could you elaborate what was combative? As for the Paypal address, yes of course there was a difference between countries but this was explained in the very first response as well.

So please, what was inaccurate and most importantly, where was the fraud?

MarkTurner said: Contact FraudRecord if you want to appeal it.

Pardon me, but did you even read this posting before responding? I contacted them twice, no response, nothing. The point is Delimiter is the first contact and they refuse. What else can I do?

MarkTurner said: They have been very proactive in the past at removing invalid reports.

I'd be delighted to confirm this soon.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

this is black vs white, post screenshots of the ticket.

This is either a case of: Delimiter fucked up and should fix it (hosts can remove fraud record records as well) or you decided you want to be anonymous on the internet so provided semi fictitious info and they responded appropriately.

You were reported for:

fraud 
    Bogus signup information provided 

Very combative when asked for accurate information 

Paypal location doesn't match provided address and Paypal not verified

Prove the sign up information you entered could be considered 'slightly wrong' i.e. human error, not "I live in texas, did I say texas, I meant India"

Evidence the fact you did not fight them on this point.

If you can prove that then you are an oak sir, and the troops will rally behind you, if not well..... the record is what it is.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ netomx
  • alessioalessio Member
    edited November 2014

AnthonySmith said: this is black vs white, post screenshots of the ticket.

Valid point, I do not have access to the ticket area anymore though. This was almost half a year ago and, unless I am mistaken, they closed the account.

AnthonySmith said: Prove the sign up information you entered could be considered 'slightly wrong' i.e. human error, not "I live in texas, did I say texas, I meant India"

I understand your point. To clarify, there was an error in the street address. The country matched, the city matched.

alessio said: there was an error in the street address.

An error as in "123 lol fu omg lol ave" and " 3 woodhorn road" ?

or

"3 wood horn road" damn finger missed it was "4 wood horn road" ?

• @AnthonySmith -

The address provided was blatantly fake - It was on par with writing 'Market Street' with no house number, invalid post code, etc. They use an address verification service and there was no-one with that name living on that street. And before you ask me which company it is, I don't know but I think its a service from Equifax.

Phone number was 0000000 so no way for them to call the customer to verify.

Combative I assume was the unwillingness to verify his ID, provide any verification or satisfy any of their questions.

Paypal location was from another country and not verified.

Personally, I have no idea how he got service in the first place, it should have been rejected on sight of the address.

If I felt that Delimiter had filed an invalid report then believe me I would have championed for the customer. I always do. But every point there is accurate, I had no recourse to even ask them to relook at it. It was blatantly clear.

Its also important to note that this didn't happen before 2-3 days of emails were traded backwards and forwards between Delimiter's accountant and the OP. She did everything to get him to provide valid information.

edited November 2014

MarkTurner said: The address provided was blatantly fake - It was on par with writing 'Market Street' with no house number, invalid post code, etc. They use an address verification service and there was no-one with that name living on that street. And before you ask me which company it is, I don't know but I think its a service from Equifax.

Phone number was 0000000 so no way for them to call the customer to verify.

If that is true then any sympathy is gone and post should be deleted and the fraud record record stands up, also if that is true that is probably why you are being ignored.

But no doubt you can verify some of this with emails as the email contain the contents of the tickets.

• alessioalessio Member
    edited November 2014

AnthonySmith said: "3 wood horn road" damn finger missed it was "4 wood horn road" ?

I initially provided my home address (and admittedly did miss the street number - my fault here) and upon correcting it (and because of the intended use) provided my work address.

MarkTurner said: The address provided was blatantly fake

Sorry, but this is utterly wrong.

MarkTurner said: Phone number was 0000000 so no way for them to call the customer to verify.

I do not have a personal phone and I explained this more than once.

MarkTurner said: Combative I assume was the unwillingness to verify his ID, provide any verification or satisfy any of their questions.

Pardon me, you are making things up now. Dont assume please.

MarkTurner said: Paypal location was from another country and not verified.

Yes, if you opened a Paypal account years ago and then move I would say this is a legitimate explanation and this was given.

MarkTurner said: Personally, I have no idea how he got service in the first place, it should have been rejected on sight of the address.

No comment here necessary I believe.

• AnthonySmith said: If that is true then any sympathy is gone and post should be deleted and the fraud record record stands up, also if that is true that is probably why you are being ignored.

I am afraid it is wrong. Please see the response above.

Well, this is still a black vs white, there is enough on both sides to be a little suspicious so I would suggest its left here as it is until someone goes through their emails to post the tickets which I assume neither party has a problem with in terms of privacy.

alessio said: I am afraid it is wrong. Please see the response above.

wrong? hmm maybe, maybe not, its only your word against theirs.

see above.

• AnthonySmith said: Well, this is still a black vs white, there is enough on both sides to be a little suspicious so I would suggest its left here as it is until someone goes through their emails to post the tickets which I assume neither party has a problem with in terms of privacy.

I could only provide their responses (from my inbox), but not my own anymore as I would need access to the ticket area, which I do not have.

• alessio said: MarkTurner said: Combative I assume was the unwillingness to verify his ID, provide any verification or satisfy any of their questions.

Pardon me, you are making things up now. Dont assume please.

I am NOT assuming, I read the tickets last week. In my opinion you were unhelpful at best. Anne was really bending over backwards to help you, she really went the extra mile to give you that opportunity to redeem the situation. You did nothing to help.

This is why I said to you deal with Delimiter/FraudRecord yourself. I am not going to fight someone's battle who when they were given the opportunity to resolve what could have been a simple situation just became more and more obtuse.

There is really nothing further to say. Ask FraudRecord to review the situation, authorise them to request copies of the tickets and all the data. Then let their decision be binding, I think Delimiter's report was accurate and I think FraudRecord will concur.

• AnthonySmith said: wrong? hmm maybe, maybe not, its only your word against theirs.

Agreed, but I can assure that the address not "blatanly fake". As I wrote I initially provided my home address and the missing street number (again, my fault) seemed to have triggered the suspicion. Upon correcting I provided my full work address and you can see in the first posting how they reacted.

• @alessio - let me get this clear, you saying:

Upon correcting I provided my full work address

So if I remember rightly Anne called the switchboard number and asked them to confirm whether there was someone of your name at that address. She specifically asked them to check the directory and there was no-one with your name.

Whilst that location is no doubt a large site, the directory should have all employees listed surely.

Additionally she asked them if she sent a letter to that address would it be passed to you. Their answer was no, they had no-one by that name there,

• MarkTurner said: Anne was really bending over backwards to help you, she really went the extra mile to give you that opportunity to redeem the situation.

Would you please care to explain how?

MarkTurner said: You did nothing to help.

Please here as well. I told here I was unable to provide a phone number as I dont own one. As for the address I immediately updated it but she refused to follow through with what she required just a few responses earlier, the mail verification.

MarkTurner said: This is why I said to you deal with Delimiter/FraudRecord yourself.

You advertise Delimiter here and you are part of their parent company, so its not like you are an unrelated third party. I was following your advice and contacted both directly but as I wrote more than once with no response whatsoever.

What should I do in this case in your opinion?

• alessioalessio Member
    edited November 2014

MarkTurner said: So if I remember rightly Anne called the switchboard number and asked them to confirm whether there was someone of your name at that address. She specifically asked them to check the directory and there was no-one with your name.

No, that she did not do. She called a random department. Again, please check my original text.

I have her response right here.

alessio said: I could only provide their responses (from my inbox)

That's a start.

alessio said: Agreed, but I can assure that the address not "blatanly fake".

black vs white.

I don't even know who the delimiter rep is, mark obviously has access to the tickets though, its not fair to drag him in to this directly but you could give him permission to post the full unedited ticket log though and that would clear it up.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited November 2014

I am not taking any sides here, but it's the year 2014. If one doesn't own a phone he probably lives in a cave and doesn't need any internet related services either.

Hell, my 3 years old son has a smart phone.

• alessioalessio Member
    edited November 2014

AnthonySmith said: but you could give him permission to post the full unedited ticket log though and that would clear it up.

He definitely has this permission (without personal data though, I know this might be a bit tricky concerning the address, but it should be understandable that this is sensitive data and that I wouldnt wish my data out on a public forum).

• alessioalessio Member
    edited November 2014

rds100 said: I am not taking any sides here, but it's the year 2014. If one doesn't own a phone he probably lives in a cave and doesn't need any internet related services either.

Do I need to justify my deliberate decision not to have a phone?

Please do not derail the thread. Thank you.

Thanked by 2geekalot HostNun

I am starting to sway more on delimiters side now to be honest. with 2 opposing opinions all we can do is read in to it the best possible, sounds like you don't like to give your details online which is fine and completely your choice, but this is the inevitable and obvious consequence of that.

• AnthonySmith said: sounds like you don't like to give your details online which is fine and completely your choice, but this is the inevitable and obvious consequence of that.

What makes it sound like it? Because I asked not to have my very personal details on a public forum? I dont think a consequence is or should be being called a fraudster, when you in fact paid the service in full and due time and two months later get accused of all sorts of things.

• Hey! I just logged on after an hour and there's another advertisement for Delimeter.

Seriously @MarkTurner isn't there some rule against 2 advertisements within a month or something?

/joke

• @rds100 - Not having a phone, invalid address, not being verifiable on the street name that was provided, not having verified Paypal, Paypal from another country, then new address provided (which he now says is his work address) and no-one knew him there. This doesn't add up from the start.

Just so we are clear here, we are not talking about someone living in a mudhut, this is a major modern city.

The bottom line fact here is that Delimiter should have rejected the order upfront, it should never have been accepted. That was Delimiter's mistake here.

• @samczsun - Apologies :)

Thanked by 1samczsun
This discussion has been closed.