Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

delimitervps.com shut down my server after DDoS - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

delimitervps.com shut down my server after DDoS

13»

Comments

• I've had a server with DelimterVPS for quite a while now and have had zero problems. No where does DelimiterVPS advertise DDoS protection and the terms of service clearly states that abusing network capacity is prohibited and refunds aren't given to customers who violate the terms of service.

Thanked by 2ryanarp MarkTurner
  • diszkdiszk Member
    edited November 2014

scam? I have 8 dedicated at delimiter since 6 months. NO ISSUES. if you think its scam, you must be 10 yrs.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • diszk said: scam? I have 8 dedicated at delimiter since 6 months. NO ISSUES. if you think its scam, you must be 10 yrs. Stop flaming others because you cannot understand systems. Stop being a psychopath dramakid and learn more.

Telling someone not to flame while flaming them yourself? Not cool.

Thanked by 3comXyz ucxo Droidzone
  • Definitely Delimiter is not scammer, and @MarkTurner is very helpful.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • nexmark said: I would love to see yomura or delimiter to offer some sort of basic DDoS protection such as WANGuard the appliance can cost you guys only like couple hundred bucks.

Or even offer null routing at the target ip rather than just unplugging the box

Thats exactly what we do, we null route the IP and if the server is flooding junk traffic then the interface is shutdown.

The OP's box keeps getting hit with an attack and a few seconds later gets a null-route

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2014

I think OP really shows his level of DDoS understanding when he asks for the logs of attacks to "block all IPs".
    We have similar customers from time to time and, instead of recommending our light protection, we recommend them to switch to OVH.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ jar
  • AnthonySmith said: are you going to compensate the other customers for the disruption your server caused?

I understand the OP is not complaining of having the server suspended but about the fact that they do not want to refund the paid but not delivered service. And the latter is understandable.

Considering there is no layer against attacks in place I understand that a provider wants to protect its infrastructure but in this case a pro-rated refund would have only been sensible. Stopping the service and saying our terms allow us to keep the money is a bit too easy. My personal suggestion to solve this situation would be simply to close the OP's account and give him a pro-rated refund. Easy, case closed and everyone hopefully happy.

Their technical service is alright, but their customer service and policies are just plain inadequate (for a fair disclaimer, I currently struggle with Delimiter myself).

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • alessio said: I currently struggle with Delimiter myself

I wish you good luck and hope you can resolve the issue sooner, my friend :)

Thanked by 1alessio
  • @vRozenSch00n said:
    I wish you good luck and hope you can resolve the issue sooner, my friend :)

Thank you. At the moment it is still difficult because Delimiter is still refusing to co-operate or even communicate - perfect radio silence.

• @alessio said:
    Thank you. At the moment it is still difficult because Delimiter is still refusing to co-operate or even communicate - perfect radio silence.

Has @Harzem said anything?

• @wych said:
    Has Harzem said anything?

Not a word either.

• I'm just interested: Does Delimiter autonull and automatically enable the IPs again after a set time?

• @tr1cky - Null routing happens automatically and after 15 minutes the null route is lifted.

• @MarkTurner said:
    tr1cky - Null routing happens automatically and after 15 minutes the null route is lifted.

Does it automatically nullroute longer after the first nullroute happened?

• @tr1cky - depends on the type of attack. There are about 300 rules that determine the duration, the type of response: nullroute, IP port block or interface shutdown

Thanked by 2tr1cky Maounique