Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

delimitervps.com shut down my server after DDoS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

delimitervps.com shut down my server after DDoS

RuffJasRuffJas Member
edited November 2014 in Providers

delimitervps.com is a scam,

FYI to everyone thinking about using them if you happen to get a DDoS on one of there server they will shutdown your server for 16-36hours and say that we did this for our customers. Then they will keep shutting down your server over and over saying for the same thing. I stopped running everything on the server it is just windows runnning on it, people still DDoSing the server.......... Its been like this for 3 days now. Server is off more then its on.

They will not refund any money that you pay them, if you are unhappy o well.
" According to our terms of service which you read and accepted during the signup process, we state that we do not offer refunds. "

Keep that in mind if you pay for say 3 months and after 3 days you dont want them they will not even refund you for the 2 months that you are not even going to use.

DONT USE them!!!!!

They took $60 of my money and well I am going to make sure that everyone knows how they do business

Comments

• I'm pretty sure @MarkTurner can shed some light on this.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • I asked for the whole DDoS log and they will only send 50 line's. Server is still off and its been 36 hours that it has been Suspended.

RuffJas
    Client 11/09/2014 15:27
    I would like to cancel my server. I am asking for a refund. You say that its keeps getting DDoS, I have been hosting this for over 2years now and only had 2 DDoS and it is off again today.

Thanks,

Delimiter Employee
    Staff 11/10/2014 11:59
    According to our terms of service which you read and accepted during the signup process, we state that we do not offer refunds.

RuffJas
    Client 11/10/2014 18:38
    You can't prorated the bill? The server is offline more then its on. I can't use it, I never had a problem with DDoS tell I moved, it got DDoS and I wasn't even hosting anything.

I am asking is to prorated the bill for 1 week of use or what you feel is right.

Thanks

RuffJas
    Client 11/11/2014 09:28
    The server has been off for over 24hour...... How can someone host anything when the server is down.

Lets prorated the bill for 1/2 a month of use that should be fair. Then at least I will be happy and not post on every forum site that know about how you don't offer refunds, even if the server is down for over a day and it don't look like it's going to be up today ether.

Thanks,

Delimiter Employee
    Staff 11/11/2014 10:47
    Your server is being automatically shutdown each time because of incoming attacks against your server. According to narrative on your account you are running public Teamspeak servers which are almost always subject to incoming attack. You have already been provided sample data of the incoming attacks.

You are within your rights to post your experiences on forums, there is no defect on your server or our network, the issue is solely that you are bringing attacks to our network and to protect other non-disruptive customers your server is being shutdown during the attack.

You need to address this issue as to why your customers/users decide to attack your server.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

said: delimitervps.com is a scam,

FYI to everyone thinking about using them if you happen to get a DDoS on one of there server they will shutdown your server for 16-36hours and say that we did this for our customers. Then they will keep shutting down your server over and over saying for the same thing. I stopped running everything on the server it is just windows runnning on it, people still DDoSing the server.......... Its been like this for 3 days now. Server is off more then its on.

They will not refund any money that you pay them, if you are unhappy o well. " According to our terms of service which you read and accepted during the signup process, we state that we do not offer refunds. "

Keep that in mind if you pay for say 3 months and after 3 days you dont want them they will not even refund you for the 2 months that you are not even going to use.

DONT USE them!!!!!

They took $60 of my money and well I am going to make sure that everyone knows how they do business

Sorry, what is the problem here?

They don't offer DDOS protection, they don't offer to harbor DDOS magnets, your getting DDOS'ed that affects all other customers, are you going to compensate the other customers for the disruption your server caused?

• How do they scam you if they told you they won't refund and you still paid?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

RuffJas said: Then at least I will be happy and not post on every forum site that know about how you don't offer refunds

this one made me laugh, they already publicly state that in the TOS.

Stupid threats wont get you anywhere.

• RuffJas said: You are within your rights to post your experiences on forums, there is no defect on your server or our network, the issue is solely that you are bringing attacks to our network and to protect other non-disruptive customers your server is being shutdown during the attack.

I think OP just made some free positive advertisement for Delimiters, in fact as a Delimiter customer I am happy they are getting rid of servers like what you have.

• I personally had an issue with two of the IP's that were originally assigned to me. They seemed to previously been assigned to a VPS provider and their mail server (reverse was still active). They seemed to attract a lot of attention and caused an IP to be null routed. After the initial null route, I asked for a re-numeration and they provided me two cleaner IP's. No issues since.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner ATHK
  • Lets put some perspective on this:

The customer is running public Teamspeak servers without DDOS protection, he keeps getting slammed with quite heavy bps and high pps attacks. The first thing that happens, he gets null-routed. The null-route expires and a few minutes later the attack comes back, so null route is automatically reinstated.

The OP PM'ed me a few days ago about this and I got the heads up on it. The OP even told Delimiter that someone had confessed to attacking his server on his forum/Facebook.

The problem here is that generally public Teamspeak servers attract heavy attacks, they are just one of those DDOS magnets. I am not sure what the OP is doing but I think he is selling public Teamspeak servers which is suicide on a non-DDOS protected server.

In my experience, you need full DDOS filtering to run Teamspeak-as-a-service :) I wouldn't embark on it and I am crazier than most. Private Teamspeak services normally run fine and I know many customers who do this and never have an issue.

• Thanks @OP, I'm going to get a server from Delimiter now.

• @RuffJas buy a DDoS protected box.

• MarkTurner said: I am crazier than most

With that awesome pricing? Definately!

(offtopic)
    I feel bad for the user who chose 'OP' because of all the notifications he gets.

• @samczsun said:
    (offtopic) I feel bad for the user who chose 'OP' because of all the notifications he gets.

And probably this is why he hasn't logged into his account for many months now :)

http://lowendtalk.com/profile/OP

• K2Bytes said: And probably this is why he hasn't logged into his account for many months now :)

http://lowendtalk.com/profile/OP

I tried to register usernames less than 3 letters before but it doesn't work. So I guess this guy really got some special approvals.

The domain of his email points to here:

Name: Maxim Napadiy
        Organization: Max''s Hosting Services
        City: New Almaden
        State: CA
        Zip: 95042
        Phone: +1.4087107029
        Email: Email Masking [email protected]

Don't tell me this is another unknown identity of some CC host haha :)

• RuffJasRuffJas Member
    edited November 2014

You all say public ts3 service I have 10 servers running. All server have password and they dont show up on ts3 server list. They are not public as you say. The better question is why have my little vps able to handle this but your server cant. It dont have any DDoS protection on it. And its been hosting it for over a year. I should have never used delimitervps.com And yet the server stays down for longer then 10min's, like now over 36 hours. I moved my teamspeak back to my old server that was 3 days ago and still get DDoS on Delimiter server............. Only thing running is the OS.

Maybe the people who owned this IP before me has a problem and I am the one that gets the blame for it.

• RuffJas said: Maybe the people who owned this IP before me has a problem and I am the one that gets the blame for it.

This could have been easily resolved if you ask them to change the IP if what you've described was true. Instead you demand refund (which you agreed that you don't want a refund when you signed up) and start bashing them on public forums.

Your anger certainly didn't help you to score any points nor make Delimiter look bad.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

delimetervps (but they sell dedicated server)

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    delimetervps (but they sell dedicated server)

DewlanceVPS but they sell....I dunno wat AutoBoot(TM)

Thanked by 1diszk
  • @Ruffjas - I got hold of the ticket you sent:

Well guess first time to get DDOS :(

Well I just had a guy post on our facebook wall saying that he used LOIC on us. Do you know if there is anyway to report people that does that?

Thanks

You were attacked by someone who KNEW your IP address. This person must have been a customer or a user of your service. Otherwise how could he have known your IP.

The issue is not left over from a previous customer, its caused by someone attacking your specific server as evidenced by your email.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • edited November 2014

I don't see a good reason to forcefully keep a DDoS magnet as a customer instead of explaining the situation and refunding him for the remainder of the contract.

In my opinion Delimiter VPS handled this quite poorly.

• @zhuanyi said:
    I think OP just made some free positive advertisement for Delimiters, in fact as a Delimiter customer I am happy they are getting rid of servers like what you have.

This. I haven't had any problems with Delimiter either. What they did was pretty standard practice OP.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner netomx
  • @Admiral_Awesome - I don't even work for Delimiter, I work for their parent company, so not sure how I can 'handle' it at all. I am just correcting the misinformation where the OP is pretending to be the aggrieved party.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Admiral_Awesome - I don't even work for Delimiter, I work for their parent company, so not sure how I can 'handle' it at all. I am just correcting the misinformation where the OP is pretending to be the aggrieved party.

Off topic, but did you guys fix your link to Comcast? Only thing keeping me away at the moment.

• @David_P - In LA and New York yes, Atlanta fibre is in, waiting for service delivery. Same with Time Warner.

Thanked by 1Davidx
  • MarkTurner said: @Admiral_Awesome - I don't even work for Delimiter, I work for their parent company, so not sure how I can 'handle' it at all. I am just correcting the misinformation where the OP is pretending to be the aggrieved party.

Sorry, my mistake.

• Even though @MarkTurner doesn't work for Delimiter, he is a helpful person.

I asked for help several times via PM, and when he has free time he helped me directly or appointed me to appropriate personnel at Delimiter, and I appreciate it very much.

• After looking into the guy on facebook he is 10-12 Years old so yea guess if a 12 year old can DDoS my server something is wrong. Everyone who uses guess one guy can DDoS your servers though you. You say you dont work for them but man you know everything about this comany to get all of the tickets and things, But wait cant help........... Funny

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @RuffJas - age is so irrelevant to attacking servers. There are so many tools out there that have self installers, enter an IP address and click go. Never mind botnets for hire, etc.

The bottom line fact here is that you tried to do something on the cheap, sell Teamspeak-as-a-service + no DDOS filtering/protection, its a recipe for disaster. Its like running a bank without a vault. If you're doing to do things without the necessary planning then be prepared for the consequences.

In the same way if we had not put systems in place to null route servers under attack, or shutdown servers making attacks then we would also be victim to this, as well as all our customers and subsidiaries like Delimiter.

I dont think there is anyone on here that would advocate running public teamspeak servers without DDOS protection, thats why many hosts refuse to allow Teamspeak on their network.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I've never had my public teamspeak servers ddosed, or any of them that I host for clients.

• I'd like to say when one of my VPS's got hacked (test deployment of some mail software that was horribly insecure) I was spiking HUGE traffic outbound, NetOPS and Support crew @ Delimiter sent me info, and we got things squared away, gave me ample time to handle things.

It's a great company, I think the bottom line in this industry is you take a chance on a company, you don't like it or don't simply fit in, brush your $60 off and move on.... no need for drama, $60 is insanely low, I've tried out a company or two in my 10+ years where I spent $300+ a month on a dedicated, and found that support was lacking or hardware was bad - bingo, lesson learned, some were nice enough to offer a refund because it was in their terms, others did not.

Live and Learn - you waste more time flapping your fingers than you do finding a provider that works for your business model.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Running TS3 servers for some years, even public ones and never got a DDoS. Just some skids saying "make me admin or I'll DDoS you!" (with CMD >.>) but yeah...