Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

delimitervps.com shut down my server after DDoS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

delimitervps.com shut down my server after DDoS

Comments

• Also so everyone knows here is how they handle tickets if you happen to have a problem with your server. http://pastebin.com/1NLvFcU9

But guess they do sell DDoS Protection at $500 USD per month.

Mark Truner was the only reason I got the server. I am not bashing Mark he seems nice and helpful but Delimiter not so much.

Server still off now think its up to 37-38 hours off, but I will not even see my server come back on for 3 months.............

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

@RuffJas seems like they responded to your ticket very quickly and explained the situation.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited November 2014

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that ticket exchange. However you have edited out certain things, specifically:

Posted on Friday 7th November at 14:27

RC works perfectly, I just connected to it.

Brian T

Posted on Friday 7th November at 14:29

Application Error

ClassNotFoundException

com.hp.ilo2.remcons.cemcons.class

Posted on Friday 7th November at 14:38

When I got this server they said I can run ts3 on the dedicated server, as long as i dont reach the 5TB or I will have to pay for more bandwith.

'The small log' you allude to was 500 lines, it looks like WHMCS has truncated this to 309 lines

Posted on Friday 7th November at 14:57

Well guess first time to get DDOS :(

Well I just had a guy post on our facebook wall saying that he used LOIC on us. Do you know if there is anyway to report people that does that?

Thanks

Posted on Friday 7th November at 17:59

Come on guys its now comming up on 3 hours sence the DDoS, I am running a hosting business I cant have my server down for this long. Any Update would be great.

I would love little bigger copy of your log so i can block all of them ip's.

Thanks,

The section about 'I am running a hosting business' was edited from your version.

If you are going to do this, then present all the facts. Don't edit it down to try to distort the situation. It just makes you look bad.

Lets look at speed of responses, first response in 4 minutes, then sub 2 minute responses there after as you were talked through how to get ILO's Java applet working, then explanation over the null-routing and so on.

When I look at the facts, Delimiter's support did a good job at supporting you. They were helpful and constructive throughout. You have edited your version of events, if you read through your support and billing ticket, the events there are also warped.

Honestly I think you've approached everyone in this badly. We have customers who get DDOS' and we work with our subsidiaries (like Delimiter) to minimise impact to other customers and the customer being attacked. These things happen, but when I look at this situation, I see someone who is manipulating the facts, running a Teamspeak hosting company but for some reason editing that out of tickets, seems to download cracked Teamspeak from The Pirate Bay (page 1 of comments) and not even licensed by Teamspeak to operate as a hosting provider.

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    delimetervps (but they sell dedicated server)

DelimiterVPS used to be only VPS's however Yomura acquired them and now they sell Dedicated servers also, they obviously kept the name because of Delimiter's reputation

• @RuffJas Delimiter does not offer DDoS Protection, Teamspeak servers are highly targeted for DDoS Attacks paired with gameservers also, I highly recommend you move to a DDoS Protected provider and or use GRE Tunnels with a cheap BuyVM or RamNode Staminus VPS

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • edited November 2014

Obviously @RuffJas is quite a character but is it legal to disclose private conversations without consent?

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @Admiral_Awesome depends who publish it in the first hand. If the provider publish it first without consent, then it is illegal.

However, if user publish it first, then further reply cannot be considered as disclosure of private conversation without consent, but simply a clarification.

• Side observation - I think next time I repost Delimiter's offers I will post as 'DelimiterVPS ultimate server scam - beware' because this thread has got 1400 views in a few hours compared to my thread a couple of days ago which got 1600.

High view rate by adding 'scam' to the title.

• This thread should be closed and the title should be edited for Delimiter's reputation as a high quality provider

• LeeLee Veteran

MarkTurner said: High view rate by adding 'scam' to the title.

Being a scam host gets you more customers, thought you knew that by now, this thread is not a negative, it means you have arrived!

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Thread to be closed honestly he is a great provider lol , try to read the terms mate.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • I guess we can't force the mods to close the threads but at least the title should be edited? Whatever Delimiter has done is certainly not scam.

• +1 for Delimiter and their support, A while ago I bought their CHEAPEST server, I had few issues and they where always quick to respond and very helpful. More than I expected for the price point. I would recommenced them to anyone in a heartbeat, and this thread just proves to me how good their support and service is.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Guys i'm sorry if this is offtopic, but why the hell anybody wants to DDoS IRC/Teamspeak? I really have no clue.

• @ValdikSS - people have arguments or are playing a game whilst on TS so try to attack the gameserver and/or the teamspeak server. Other people do it to get admin privs - blackmail style. Its just one of those things.

• @MarkTurner said:
    ValdikSS - people have arguments or are playing a game whilst on TS so try to attack the gameserver and/or the teamspeak server. Other people do it to get admin privs - blackmail style. Its just one of those things.

Kids these days.

Thanked by 3netomx geekalot ucxo
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2014

@RuffJas - It may be time to turn your lemons into lemonade for the community with another server give away.

I am not a big fan of Delimiter, but we had a bunch of fun (and hits) last time...

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/31287/i-need-your-votes-to-give-away-this-server-netomx-is-the-winner

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

This is an excellent review for Delimiter. They handled our incoming DDOS for MXroute very well. There were a few null routes while we got things settled, but they were very helpful and accommodating. Very professional, clear spoken, and prompt. I'm proud to be a client.

• @MarkTurner , We host well over 3,000 slots of TeamSpeak servers without a single attack on that range, we find that MineCraft is the bigger issue; and thus turn down TeamSpeak services for those hosting MineCraft communities.

By the way @ OP , thanks for the advertisement for Delimiter. They're great.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @Jar, I thought MXRoute is hosted @RyanARP

• @MarkTurner : Now you know how people like ChicagoVPS get more customers ( with scam, fake, cheater threads )

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@darknessends said:
    Jar, I thought MXRoute is hosted RyanARP

Unbranded reseller is all delimiter :)

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

darknessends said: @Jar, I thought MXRoute is hosted @RyanARP

MxRoute has multiple servers ;)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I've been on the fence about signing up with Delimiter, this thread completely made up my mind. I'll be ordering with confidence.

• @GoodHosting - You've been lucky or maybe its the customers that our customers are attracting. We have an incoming attack right now against a server in St Louis, the customer is hosting Teamspeak services. We see 2-3 attacks a day against Teamspeak servers. Whereas the opposite is for Minecraft, we see 1-2 a week and we host two quite sizeable Minecraft GSPs.

• @MarkTurner said:
    GoodHosting - You've been lucky or maybe its the customers that our customers are attracting. We have an incoming attack right now against a server in St Louis, the customer is hosting Teamspeak services. We see 2-3 attacks a day against Teamspeak servers. Whereas the opposite is for Minecraft, we see 1-2 a week and we host two quite sizeable Minecraft GSPs.

I would love to see yomura or delimiter to offer some sort of basic DDoS protection such as WANGuard the appliance can cost you guys only like couple hundred bucks.

Or even offer null routing at the target ip rather than just unplugging the box

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited November 2014

@nexmark said:

@MarkTurner ,

If this is something you guys are interested in; I have an in with two of the largest DDoS protected OSPs, and a Japanese scrubbing hardware manufacturer (if you have the pipes.) I would gladly, in confidence, extend our connections to you as well in the mutual interests of improving the quality of our market as a whole (on both ends of the fence.)

As to the inevitable question of why we connect with things that we do not provide (i.e: why GoodHosting doesn't offer the aforementioned service); it's simply because their minimum deployment size was larger than our deployment at the time. (We were not yet a large enough company for it to make sense as a feature.)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

og please @Nekki change the thread title, or no titties for you this weekend!

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • netomx said: @Nekki change the thread title,

+1

Thanked by 2ryanarp netomx