Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDP.me - Open Source Linux Server Backups - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CDP.me - Open Source Linux Server Backups

Comments

• Maybe it's just me being too stupid, but what to put in the config.php as path ("script root path")? I tried a lot of possibilities but all of them are leading to a blank page? Path to which script? Thanks!

• @nexusrain said:
    Maybe it's just me being too stupid, but what to put in the config.php as path ("script root path")? I tried a lot of possibilities but all of them are leading to a blank page? Path to which script? Thanks!

Please put dirname(__FILE__) if unsure, or the directory where config.php is.

• @PetaByet said:
    Please put dirname(__FILE__) if unsure, or the directory where config.php is.

Put dirname(__FILE__) as well as dirname("var/www/cdp/config.php");, both gives me

(couldn't just paste it, CloudFlare didnt like it)

• spinvpsspinvps Member, Host Rep

Great tool @PetaByet ! For sure I'm going to use it.

• @nexusrain, put a slash before that. (/var...)

• NdhaNdha Member

@PetaByet what is best solutions for MySql/MariaDB backup ??

only that not working in my end..

• nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited June 2015

@PetaByet I'm sorry, I DO have a leading slash in the file. CF was pretty annoying and didn't allow me to paste the same text with some changes again, so I obviously forgot the slash.

Some more info:
    Ubuntu 15.04
    nginx 1.9.2
    php5-fpm, 5.6.4, mcrypt extension is installed
    OpenVZ

Edit 2: will now try on another server running Debian 7 and report.

Edit 3: exactly the same on Wheezy with php from dotdeb. Will try the auto script on Ubuntu 14.04 now again (when I tried it first it didn't work for me as well ^^) and report as well..

Edit 4: finally working on Ubuntu with the auto script and manually configured Apache! :) still curious what was wrong with my lemp setup. Will keep trying.

Edit 5: ehh, not really working though. Get the login form but admin/password just reloads the page and clears the fields. If I enter smth else it tells me, that the login failed. Wtf am I doing wrong the hole time...

Edit 6: Tried on CentOS 6, working (including login) without any further config in not even a minute. What?? Kinda racism o.0

• sinsin Member

Ndha said: what is best solutions for MySql/MariaDB backup ??

I use automysqlbackup, it's VERY easy to use and will automatically do daily, weekly, and monthly backups which it stores in /var/lib/automysqlbackup - then you can just store those on a remote server. You can also take a look at Percona Xtrabackup.

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • @nexusrain Happy to hear it worked :).

• Read all the pages but can't see anybody confirming if - basic (end-user) cPanel accounts are being backed-up successfully?

Please could somebody let me know if they've had success with cPanel backup?

• Fresh install and get this:

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

• MadMad Member

Well done! It really seems to be a useful script.

• @sonic said:
    Fresh install and get this:

Not Found

Could you PM me more details please?

• @PetaByet said:
    Could you PM me more details please?

I install in fresh Online.net server, but i cant access web interface, it says not found

• Maybe someone already asked this but how are MYSQL databases backed up? is a sql file created to back them up or does this use the same way R1Soft uses?

• @sonic said:
    I install in fresh Online.net server, but i cant access web interface, it says not found

Try accessing index.php instead of /

@zafouhar said:
    Maybe someone already asked this but how are MYSQL databases backed up? is a sql file created to back them up or does this use the same way R1Soft uses?

Currently PHP pulls all the values and put them in a dump. Since the script doesn't get root (SSH) access to the SQL server, I'm not sure if mysqldump is possible.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • TomTom Member

@sonic said:
    Fresh install and get this:

Not Found

I got this too. Had to move /v[a]r/www/html to /v[a]r/www. ([] because cloudflare won't let me post]

• Is MySQL Backup broken? I've been fiddling with it for a while now and it wont work.

Nothing in logs either.

• @xaitmi said:
    Is MySQL Backup broken? I've been fiddling with it for a while now and it wont work.

Nothing in logs either.

Did you check that you can access the client server's mysql from the backup server?

• @Traffic said:
    Did you check that you can access the client server's mysql from the backup server?

Yes i logged into my backup server and used mysql -h to test.

• MariaDB?

• @rokok said:
    MariaDB?

I'm just using regular mysql, not maria.
    Not seeing anything in logs either. When I click the backup now button I don't think it's doing anything at all.

• Responded to your PM.

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited January 2016

@PetaByet I would like to thank you for a great script you've wrote. I didn't see that thread until @xaitmi digged it. I'm impressed of work you've done. From today it's my "must-have". Thank you so much! :*

• I don't understand that the single use of Flash on your website is to copy text to the clipboard! Let's get rid of flash and wash our hands!

https://zenorocha.github.io/clipboard.js/

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • This script is awesome. But make sure you have more than 128mb ram. The reason it didn't work for me was because I was using a128mb vps. I tossed it on a 786mb box and it works fine.

• Anyone get 2-factor authentication working?

I've tried enabling it several different times, login always fails - works fine without.

I love Google Authenticator and wish more apps/services would use it - this is the first time I have had a problem with it but no matter what, if 2-factor is enabled I cannot log in.

Also after installation it says you can change the username and password in the config.php file but I dont see any option for that in version 1.0 or the previous beta version I ran - I changed the password once logged in, not from the config file... WTF?

• @sidewinder said:
    Anyone get 2-factor authentication working?

I've tried enabling it several different times, login always fails - works fine without.

I love Google Authenticator and wish more apps/services would use it - this is the first time I have had a problem with it but no matter what, if 2-factor is enabled I cannot log in.

Also after installation it says you can change the username and password in the config.php file but I dont see any option for that in version 1.0 or the previous beta version I ran - I changed the password once logged in, not from the config file... WTF?

Could you please PM me with details so I can check 2 factor authentication.

Due to multi user support, login details are no longer kept in the config file but the user json file.

• PetaByet, sent the you a PM.

Basically, I can login as long as two-factor is not enabled. I have used Google Authon a few sites without problem.

I have no idea how my server where cdp.me is hosted actually talks to Google Auth- is it possible its a firewall issue or something?

Thanks for the quick feedback -- there is so much critical info stored on the server hosting cdp.me I want to enable everything possible, use ssl, enable taccess password protection, etc etc.

thanks for the quick response!

• Anyone out there had any luck with 2-factor auth?