Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WebHostingTalk strange administration - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WebHostingTalk strange administration

Comments

• @Ishaq said:

What is WHT?

Webhost talk. It's a website

• @TarballZ said:

I don't consider insulting people comedy gold

• @ub3rstar said:
    I don't consider insulting people comedy gold

Me neither, that's why I wouldn't talk down on LET if I were you. Just saying...

• What they are trying to tell you is to buy corporate membership.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @ub3rstar said:
    SNetworks1 said:

@ub3rstar said:
    SNetworks1 said:

Couldn't agree more ub3rstar - LEB is a totally nefarious establishment, inhabited by "resident" members who seem to live here on a permanent basis and enjoy nothing more than undermining newcomers and new offers, deferring instead in favour of the established "top providers". And all the while offering their not so passive referral links in the process.
    Any newcomer here should, and will be, completely put off by the unwelcoming attitude of the aforementioned "resident" members.
    So, Mr Possen, put your own house in order before you start casting shit around.

Note: I've never had, nor will need, an association with WHT - why, because I've seen so much pathetic and purile shit posted right here from the resident members that I point blank refuse to take another dose of the same medicine!

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • @mpkossen said:
    I've made that mistake once and falsely accused someone of being the same person as someone else while he wasn't. I've manned up and admitted it. But I have a gut feeling WHT is not going to do that...

Yeah, interesting coincidence. 'Fraid it doesn't have anything to do with me, though (if that was the suggestion) as I'm banned from that forum. Or maybe it's their idea of repentance? :)

Thanked by 1alexh
  • ad0ad0 Member
    edited November 2014

@Chuck said:
    What they are trying to tell you is to buy corporate membership.

Since WHT is not a free site then they should disable the free member from posting. That solves it.

• WHT is alright, apart from the repetition of posts that providers make over and over again when someone requests for a web host. Their forum design is so outdated it makes me want to vomit.

• Yea, not new, got banned as well before for "double accounts" for using the same /24 as another user (yes, my own /24 that someone else was running a proxy in, allowed, lol)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Thing with Wht is that most the activity is because hosts want to have their signatures seen. I find that somewhat aggravating.. Perfect example is if someone asks for a quote or info on wht they'll receive 20 responses all saying "What are your needs" etc.

• alessioalessio Member
    edited November 2014

ub3rstar said: And LowEndTalk is so much better? Here's why I like WHT better than LET:

Apart from the affiliate link (which I wouldnt consider an actual problem, but then I have one myself here on LET) I fully agree with your list.

While WHT is over-restrictive in many cases and often persecutes minor actions on ridiculous grounds, LET is definitely too lenient. Trying to be tolerant is one thing, accepting regular bullying, name-calling and constant immature behaviour another and here LET does need more moderation.

• @alessio said:
    While WHT is over-restrictive in many cases and often persecutes minor actions on ridiculous grounds, LET is definitely too lenient. Trying to be tolerant is one thing, accepting regular bullying, name-calling and constant immature behaviour another and here LET does need more moderation.

LET is being moderated just fine, if things really get out of control threads will be closed down and bans given. Of course there always will be rudeness around, just ignore those people and read-on. This is not a kindergarten which means you cannot expect from moderators to waste time silencing random kids.

Thanked by 3coolice jvnadr Pwner
  • Mark_R said: LET is being moderated just fine

I am sorry, on this we obviously disagree.

• @alessio said:
    I am sorry, on this we obviously disagree.

I hope you took the entire post in consideration instead of doing selective reading. Either way we both probably have different tolerance levels when it comes to rudeness and whatnot.

• alessioalessio Member
    edited November 2014

Mark_R said: I hope you took the entire post in consideration

Of course I did. But http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/36735/my-problems-with-chicagovps is a good recent example where people only insulted each other and used foul language, to a degree which, even with a certain tolerance, is simply not acceptable anymore. I would have expected an appropriate response here from the moderation (including temporary suspensions if necessary).

Mark_R said: Either way we both probably have different tolerance levels when it comes to rudeness and whatnot.

Yes, we probably do.

• LET for me is the better forums moderation wise, especially for the newer hosts because when you are dealing with other humans everything is not nice and sweet, there will be people that will be rude and greatly piss you off, LET represents the real world, WHT and similar represent an ideal world.

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited November 2014

@alessio said:

It's most like real world ... that it's charm and make the fun... It's almost perfect how it is

• @coolice said:
    It's most like real world ... that it's charm and make the fun... It's almost perfect how it is

I rarely notice such a behaviour in the real world. People simply wouldnt dare, but anonymously behind a keyboard it is certainly "easier" to behave in such unpleasant ways.

• They have noob moderator team using wht for their own advantage.

• @alessio said:
    I rarely notice such a behaviour in the real world. People simply wouldnt dare, but anonymously behind a keyboard it is certainly "easier" to behave in such unpleasant ways.

Well there many immature people outside and it's not full with prince and princesses with best manners

• alessioalessio Member
    edited November 2014

@coolice said:
    Well there many immature people outside and it's not full with prince and princesses with best manners

Nobody expects best manners, basic manners would already suffice. And yes, its the idea of moderation/mediation to educate immature people or to keep them at least under control (not necessarily only in an online forum's context).

But the topic is admittedly going slightly off, did WHT respond meanwhile @mpkossen?

• VPSRAIDSolutions said: I hate Bear / anon-e-mouse over there while Andy and a few are good.

i agree this.

• alessio said: recent example where people only insulted each other and used foul language, to a degree which, even with a certain tolerance, is simply not acceptable anymore

You mean, it's not acceptable to you. You'd probably have fainted if you were around here a year or two ago :) In comparison it's pretty mild these days.

LET has always been a bit of a wild-west, where people push the limits. It's been that way for a long time. It's LET's reputation. Moderation is low, but a line is drawn at fraud and dishonesty.

If you find it unacceptable, just treat it like a bad TV movie and change the channel.

• Well, in all fairness, they did apparently tie my current account to an old one I (apparently) had there.

Thing is, when I registered 'mpkossen' I used an e-mail address that was supposedly tied to the old account I had/have. When I registered 'mpkossen' that e-mail address wasn't tied to that old account anymore, so I did not get any errors or warnings making me think I actually didn't have an account there anymore. On top of that, the other account has a handle I honestly can't remember using. Oh well...

I've apologized to them for the confusion and trouble and asked them to merge these two accounts if they want that to happen.

Other than that I consider this a waste of time. To any of you who have a premium subscription there: that money just got wasted on hunting down a "linked account" from several years back. Gained: absolutely nothing! Lost: a lot of time.

(shakes head)

Thanked by 1alexh
  • LeeLee Veteran

mpkossen said: Other than that I consider this a waste of time. To any of you who have a premium subscription there: that money just got wasted on hunting down a "linked account" from several years back. Gained: absolutely nothing! Lost: a lot of time.

So you made a thread here, were offended at the accusation and their stupidity but in actual fact you were at fault all along?

Try and end it whichever way you like but all they did was come across the connection and raise it with you. You then made the drama out it.

Did they spend time digging into you specifically? I doubt it, probably part of a query or something.

• Would be a great time for a LET ClusterFuck™

• dieselltddieselltd Member, Host Rep

wht have very strict administration

• Hmmm...

• linuxthefish said: y corporate membership and they don't complain ;)

It's expensive hehe

• W1V_Lee said: Did they spend time digging into you specifically? I doubt it, probably part of a query or something.

I would guess so, as it seems all they found was something from 2010. Four years later, there seems to be an issue. If anything, they should have noticed this in 2011 when I registered my "second" account there.

W1V_Lee said: So you made a thread here, were offended at the accusation and their stupidity but in actual fact you were at fault all along?

Try and end it whichever way you like but all they did was come across the connection and raise it with you. You then made the drama out it.

I was at fault all along, yes. It did not, however, look like that when I created this thread nor when I received their ticket. I still don't know who 'hansvanr' (or whatever it was) is and how/why they raised this point right now. According to one member here, that account had just one post from 4 years back.

Naturally, when everything became clear to me, I apologized to "bear" for the inconvenience caused. Had I known what I knew while sending my last response to them, I would have naturally picked a quick solution.

Thanked by 1Lee
This discussion has been closed.