Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WebHostingTalk strange administration - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WebHostingTalk strange administration

Comments

• @ATHK said:

Why do you always want people to be someone else ? I am not whom you're looking for god sake !

And If you felt offended / If any of my posts directed towards you in a inappropriate manner you have my deepest apologies. I'd like to stop this argument right here ! People know me as Bharat B so do not disturb my existance ! My sincere request to you. I hope we can talk this out later on.

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    so do not disturb my existance !

The Fuck..

Thanked by 2perennate Mark_R
  • @ATHK said:
    The Fuck..

So this is what a provider gets for an apology upfront ? And you expect me to be polite ? Further constraining my hands against commenting against your comments here onwards.

facepalm

• This thread has gone to hell in a hand basket!

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @aggressivenetworks said:
    This thread has gone to hell in a hand basket!

Sorry for that !

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2014

Can't stop laughing...

@ATHK you need to grow up, please stop disturbing everyone's existance. You make everyone constrain their hands. I put handcuffs around my hands because of you, now what do I do???

• Thanked by 1SNetworks1
  • @perennate said:
    Can't stop laughing...

;)

ATHK you need to grow up, please stop disturbing everyone's existance. You make everyone constrain their hands. I put handcuffs around my hands because of you, now what do I do???

I'm sorry.

Sorry for the derail guys just couldn't help myself.

• I'm only a silent lurker at WHT, but it seems that their sister forum for affiliate marketers has similar rules, where a single mistake can cause a permanent banning, without a second chance, and they don't explain what we do wrong.

Btw, hansvanr? Are you Hansel van Rosenschoon?

Thanked by 3mpkossen Mark_R Floris
  • @SNetworks1 said:

I gave up on WHT... Got sick of a lot of the rules that were just over kill, and the fact that it didnt feel very community based... Apparently this is not too rare though.

And LowEndTalk is so much better? Here's why I like WHT better than LET:

1. The number of immature/childish people
    2. The people that post things (like memes and comics) and think they're funny (but they're really not)
    3. How people say hurtful things like "go kill yourself" or "go die" and get away with it
    4. People are allowed to post affiliate/referral links
    5. The mod(s) changes titles, closes or posts what they think to a thread just to try and stir up the pot
    6. The ratio of scammers to legitimate providers is alot higher than WHT
    7. LET seems to let providers do dirty business practices. But I guess they have to, being hosted by ColoCrossing (the biggest name in dirty business practices)
  • im totally agree with you @ub3rstar, but its more fun to stick with let than wht. i have not been to wht for a very very long time.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • coolicecoolice Member
    edited November 2014

@ub3rstar You devs rarely understand sysadmins... LET is more open and that's more like the real world ... WHT is more sterile that make it a bit boring old forum... there is no fun there...

Тhere not many places you can talk openly with all + and - with other providers... WHT is definitely not one of them and VPSBoard is not active enough for my taste...

Thats the reasons I prefer LET at the moment and that's the reasons I actually register here...

PS When LET have DDOS / Cloudflare connectivity problems last week and cannot be opened from some parts of EU i try to read Today's Posts at WHT 3 pages of threads only 2 of them got my attention,
    Adv thread.. Adv... Adv... (0 comments).... Borring (2).... Borring(1)....... Borring(3)... Adv (1)... Adv(0) ad Boring ................. it's almost like dead forum that got spammed

• @ub3rstar mentioned correct things, but i think that there always should be a measure. There always should be control, but WHT is completely paranoid/crazy on that.

And i see that WHT is owned by crazy people :)

While LET is more open / free it also more pretty because there are no "old fart". For me, WHT is not really helpful. Many spam, many people suggesting incorrect things) Most of LET topic's is useful for me (except 'Requests' category; i wonder there to be some filter on that - to see all categories, except 'Requests')

Shortly, WHT is good for hosting-providers to announce their services, because at WHT they can get many "noob" clients.

LET may not be that good for hosting-providers, but good for end users, who searching for hosting/vps/dedicated. Long life to LET :)

Offtop:

While writing this comment seen a funny thing - CloudFlare's time-out window blow up the screen, because "Draft Save" operation was timed-out. Screen: http://data3.floomby.com/files/share/1_11_2014/1/8SBLCUclkOjR2MxJpZ5VA.png
    One more reason to avoid CloudFlare for ajax requests.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @ATHK said:
    But I can't prove it ;)

lol

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2014

Have you replied to see if it's a meat bot, or not? The majority of the post looks boilerplate and may just have been an algo false positive if that's the case. Not that it makes it any less annoying, but less personable.

• Did you actually reply to them to ask what is wrong?

• TarballZTarballZ Member
    edited November 2014

They look like a happy bunch, if somewhat retarded...

"Ohhh, look at us, we're running this mega slick forum on antiquated forum software, and we're God's around here and we love profits and manipulating the market..."

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Some fun fact about LET, freedom of speech and shit.

As we all know, LET belongs to ColoCrossing (CC) and has been the one of their main advertising medias and JBiloh is the owner (this is to inform those who are not aware of).

Aside from advertising CC subsidiaries, LET allows other providers to post their offers, not only VPS or Dedi, but also VPN, SSL certs, domain names, free lancers, coupons and many hosting and IT related.

LET has also become a place where people may exchange good info, promos, and tutorials.

While many good people here are helpful, LET also slowly becomes everybody's Help Desk and ranting media.

The rules applied in LET are more flexible than that in WHT, allowing trolls and childish users (in fact many of them are still within the children~teenager age range) to bash each others, and use of a great amount of harsh language becomes common.

Well, to some extent, arguments and bashing might be considered as a unique representation of freedom of speech, but here is the catch:

Some of the people who also benefit from LET, also naming and bashing CC (the owner of LET) for their business model and business practice, which some considered as bad.

Even if it is true (is it?), IMHO such conduct to name and bash while enjoying the benefit is as same as eating and shitting in a same place :P

But that's just me.

Wait!!!!!!

Shiiiiiiit!!!

I'm drowning in my own shit!!!!

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2014

I am much less at WTH as I was years back, however I think that managing so big community any different way would be living hell. There are simply too many people with too many different interests in background to be able manage it any different. Everyone see things from own personal perspective, but most of us can't even imagine how much of crap they see and deal with it in background on a daily basis.

Moderation is always compromise between the strict rules vs lenience and there's no magic recipe to keep everyone happy. People sometimes says that they love LET because more lenient approach, but this bring its own problems (trollig, bickering, disrespect, low quality content, members and staff targeted and challenged by every random frustrated person, etc..).

Thanked by 3perennate Mark_R Lee
  • Profforg said: While LET is more open / free it also more pretty because there are no "old fart".

He he he... actually I'm an old fart too :P

• Probably it's just LET's definition of old fart is > 25.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • TarballZTarballZ Member
    edited November 2014

@vRozenSch00n said:
    He he he... actually I'm an old fart too :P

You don't have to be an old fart to be shitty as exemplified here:

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • TarballZ said: You don't have to be an old fart to be shitty as exemplified here

That's what I'm talking about :P

• WHT are a bunch of rule nazis. Last time i seen them tell someone they were using multi accounts that person got banned. They didn't listen to any emails or anything that was sent. Pretty much anything they "Think" is the truth. And no it wasnt me. To me once they limited my access for a week for making a post in Black and Blue. When the forum i was on rules were only one color allowed. Figure that one out.

Some crazy stuff over there. I rarely post or read their forums because of how they are.

Thanked by 1ad0
  • ad0ad0 Member
    edited November 2014
    1. I get infraction and my tread removed immediately if i ask for help
    2. I do not get any use of WHT no right answer's when searching by google
    3. WHT cover their ass on their forum
    4. I never visit now WHT

WHT, TPB both run by mean harsh people

• ub3rstar said: How people say hurtful things like "go kill yourself" or "go die" and get away with it

No they don't. I've banned several people for that.

ub3rstar said: The mod(s) changes titles, closes or posts what they think to a thread just to try and stir up the pot

If we do change a title, we state what we did in the thread and usually why we did it. We often close threads because we have to, not because we want to influence the outcome of it.

ub3rstar said: LET seems to let providers do dirty business practices. But I guess they have to, being hosted by ColoCrossing (the biggest name in dirty business practices)

I'm not sure why we should be intervening in a provider's business. I'm sure you realize we're not a government agency or some sort of authority. We're a place where you can discuss provider's dirty business practices. If a provider is causing too much issues right here on this forum, we take measures. One of the most extreme ones was taking with GVH recently.

We're not the internet police, we're not a hosting advice agency; we're a discussion forum, a community, where people can discuss LowEnd providers, hosting, and other things. I wish people would finally understand that!

princeshoko said: Last time i seen them tell someone they were using multi accounts that person got banned.

If they do ban my handle they're forcing me to create a new one :-/

I only visit WHT once a month, if even that. If I do, it's usually to respond to a post regarding LET. Other than that I browse the offers forums, but you don't need an account for that.

I have proven that going on IP addresses alone to find double accounts can cause issues. I've made that mistake once and falsely accused someone of being the same person as someone else while he wasn't. I've manned up and admitted it. But I have a gut feeling WHT is not going to do that...

Thanked by 1Profforg
  • ub3rstar said: And LowEndTalk is so much better? Here's why I like WHT better than LET:

You're making an apples to oranges comparison. A few thoughts:

• Consider the site's title: "Low End Talk." The rules limit offers to a certain amount.
    • From what I've seen, low-cost providers come-and-go more quickly than ones that factor sustainability into their pricing. I am not saying low-cost providers aren't good. I think offers like 4 GB memory for < $25 / year are too good to be true.
    • If people can freely discuss certain issues involving the parent company of this site, I think censorship remains rare. To be honest, I think if posts are deleted, they serve no purpose / serve the purpose of strictly insulting / attacking another member.
    Thanked by 1perennate
  • @TarballZ said:
    They look like a happy bunch, if somewhat retarded...

I believe this falls into one of the reasons I dislike LowEndTalk

• @ub3rstar said:
    I believe this falls into one of the reasons I dislike LowEndTalk

What are you talking about, this place is comedy gold every once in a while and boring as hell for the most part. I did some googling and after some quick research I realized that this place has fed off drama for a very long time, and when there wasn't any someone was always creating it to generate traffic. Pretty sad when you think about it... really.

This discussion has been closed.