Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you consider yourself a quality top shelf provider? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you consider yourself a quality top shelf provider?

Comments

• @TarballZ said:
    Grow up. Maybe VPSRAIDSolutions can share some of his Clearasil and bond with you while you both tweak his one and only node.

LOL! You're telling me to grow up? Maybe you should consider "evolving" given that your profile picture is of an orangutan.

Thanked by 1VPSRAIDSolutions
  • Hey, settle down you two.

@TarballZ, just a quick thing. People on forums don't really like it when you insult a large amount of their member base, particularly when you're new... No offense intended.

On-topic, I think that people from Ramnode, BuyVM and other incredibly reputable services do not need to come and show off here, they're already known for their brand and are a first choice for most consumers.

Thanked by 2Pwner vRozenSch00n
  • @0xdragon said:
    Hey, settle down you two.

TarballZ, just a quick thing. People on forums don't really like it when you insult a large amount of their member base, particularly when you're new... No offense intended.

None taken, however when I saw how some react I decided to quickly separate the serious members from the trolls. Apparently I succeeded. Look how you and others comment and talk to me and then take someone like @Pwner for example. My methods aren't conventional however they tend to bring out people's true personalities really quick.

On-topic, I think that people from Ramnode, BuyVM and other incredibly reputable services do not need to come and show off here, they're already known for their brand and are a first choice for most consumers.

Yes, I believe that I said something similar in one of my previous comments :-)

One more thing: unless it's still 1912 and this place operates according to some mystical cast system, some old troll who registered a year or two before me has no more merit than I do.

• datarealm said: Well said. As a provider of dedicated servers that is certainly the goal in the service we provide. There should be no issue taking one of our servers, adding your own value to it (administration/management, technical skills, etc) and reselling it to your own user base.

Indeed.

datarealm said: Similarly, I wouldn't touch a datacenter with a 10 foot pole. We are far happier leasing private space in a quality facility and not having to deal with utility companies, HVAC, generators, UPS's, water systems, etc, etc.

That's exactly what we did. We have our space with LET's most hated datacenter ever. Honestly, we barely had any issues and our clients are rather happy.

Rockster said: Thing is that everyone with $200 can rent a server and start own business so it may be relevant in month or two when it's need to pay next invoice.

Honestly, nothing wrong with someone to spend $200 and get their first server and start a hosting business.. This is exactly how we started 5 years ago. Honestly, anyone who wants to get into the hosting business needs to plan ahead and make sure he can sustain at least his first server for quite a long time. This is why there are companies like OVH where you can get super cheap servers that won't break the bank.

Thanked by 2kkrajk vRozenSch00n
  • @DalekOfSkaro said:
    We have our space with LET's most hated datacenter ever. Honestly, we barely had any issues and our clients are rather happy.

Really? Who is that?

• @TarballZ said:

Really? Who is that?

ColoCrossing.

• TarballZTarballZ Member
    edited November 2014

@0xdragon said:
    ColoCrossing.

Fuck me... Yet here we are talking...

The owners of this website (ColoCrossing) are also present:

jbiloh: Administrator/Jon Biloh

SysAdmin: Administrator/Alex Vial

And former staff are also here:

Liam

Infinity

Oh wow, and it looks like it was run by children before.

So how come people hate it, yet here they are using this forum, posting on it, fishing for customers and so on. Can anyone explain? This is kind of twisted...

• DalekOfSkaroDalekOfSkaro Member
    edited November 2014

TarballZ said: Oh wow, and it looks like it was run by children before.

Children? I doubt that.. The majority of us here are in our 20's and 30's. You may wish to reconsider bringing up people's age. I honestly is irrelevant.

TarballZ said: So how come people hate it, yet here they are using this forum, posting on it, fishing for customers and so on. Can anyone explain? This is kind of twisted...

Nothing twisted here:

1. ColoCrossing hosts LET/LEB.
    2. ColoCrossing also happens to own both domains.
    3. ColoCrossing is the datacenter where some company with questionable reputation on LET/LEB are hosted.
    4. Some say that ColoCrossing provides a safe heaven for spammer, which is not true. However, when I, or someone else says that, they are suddenly evil.

Anyway. @TarballZ. As good as your intentions may be, I'm afraid your general behavior/attitude in the forums reflects otherwise. It is true that since you're not a business you have the freedom of speech here and you do not really have to maintain a certain level of professionalism. But maybe, just maybe, you might wish to consider being a little more courteous. Trust me, it's a good thing.

Thanked by 20xdragon Pwner
  • 0xdragon said: ColoCrossing.

bingo.

• Honestly ColoCrossing as a service is great. ColoCrossing as a preacher of ethics isn't.

• 0xdragon said: Honestly ColoCrossing as a service is great. ColoCrossing as a preacher of ethics isn't.

I'm not sure I fully understand the second part of your statement.

• @TarballZ said:
    One more thing: unless it's still 1912 and this place operates according to some mystical cast system, some old troll who registered a year or two before me has no more merit than I do.

Your methods are indeed not conventional, they're rude.

• They're a business and they shouldn't be expected to be unbiased and freedom loving :)

Honestly I'm painting a realistic picture. Would you go to Microsoft and ask them to tell you what religion to follow?

• TarballZ said: One more thing: unless it's still 1912 and this place operates according to some mystical cast system, some old troll who registered a year or two before me has no more merit than I do.

Yeah I know that guy. It's DrMike. A little crazy, but I kinda like that guy :P

• 0xdragon said: They're a business and they shouldn't be expected to be unbiased and freedom loving :)

lol!

Honestly I'm painting a realistic picture. Would you go to Microsoft and ask them to tell you what religion to follow?

I wouldn't go within 10,000 feet from Microsoft anyway :P

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    I wouldn't go within 10,000 feet from Microsoft anyway :P

Please note, satire.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2014

0xdragon said: They're a business and they shouldn't be expected to be unbiased and freedom loving :)

By acquiring LET/LEB ColoCrossing in some sense made a commitment to the community to remain neutral. That said, IMO they could have done a bit better in posting more diverse ads and in some situations on LET but we're all human.

• @TarballZ said:
    I don't care what happened, if I have to wait 3 hours for a reply I move.

Damn, you have a lot more patience than me. Frankly, at $2/month if they don't respond in less than 30 minutes I will rage quit and return to LET to find a real provider.

• @HostNun said:
    Damn, you have a lot more patience than me. Frankly, at $2/month if they don't respond in less than 30 minutes I will rage quit and return to LET to find a real provider.

You, Jon from GVH and @DalekOfSkaro should get together and do some group therapy together. When I think of you three stooges, this comes to mind:

• edited November 2014

@TarballZ said:
    Far be it from me to try and stick it to providers. VPSRAIDSolutions is constantly whoring for attention so I tried to give it to him in large quantities. Too bad he doesn't get the point. Starting a bunch of threads and constantly involving himself in everyone else's business is not how he can get more customers but rather attract negative attention. If I have to point this out then he's a lost cause. You attract customers by offering a solid product backed by solid hardware, network, support and capital. I guess that's why none of the "A" listers from the top providers poll posted here today, because they're bussy working. Get it Mr. VPSRAIDSolutions? Those guys have actual customers.

I never commented saying I'm a top shelf provider because I didnt have the need to , None of my comments were regarding to your so-called THREAD. Understand ?? , I'm handling tickets and active on forum same time. I've got around 3 executives to handle tickets All are my friends whom I've met along the way.

Coming back to you , you seem to be a wanna-be-doctor trust me LET isnt a place to find you your cheap-host-big-dream requirements. Go to WHT with your active rough language I bet you wont even last a minute there.

You also seem to be the one who loves attention the way you piss us makes me think that you're someone who needs to get out more often and hangout with the real world. Everytime I see your mentioning 1 & only node ( trust me people with shit load of nodes fail to provide dedication which I do ).

I keep my self busy with one location until I can find a better replacement for myself on that location I'd not bother myself offering a new one. I believe people need people who are active and are ready to talk the very instant they need help. Many providers say 24/7/365 support haven't seen that anywhere !

• Okay Junior, why don't you tell us why potential customers should host with you? What locations do you offer?

• LeeLee Veteran

DalekOfSkaro said: Children? I doubt that.. The majority of us here are in our 20's and 30's.

I counter that doubt, most are under 20.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    I counter that doubt, most are under 20.

I'm sure there was a 'how old are you' thread that turned up that most of the regular posters are closer to 30 than 20.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Nekki said:
    I'm sure there was a 'how old are you' thread that turned up that most of the regular posters are closer to 30 than 20.

Oh, must be true then!

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Oh, must be true then!

No-one lies about their age, do they?

• @TarballZ said:
    Okay Junior, why don't you tell us why potential customers should host with you? What locations do you offer?

Almost everyone knows I offer only in florida with hostdime and going to start next node with OVZ SSD @ Buffalo, NY with colocrossing after a suggestion from a fellow provider who's had no issues with them.

• I'm not one of the cool kids here, rarely post and am relatively "new"; however I appear to have a massively different interpretation of what "top shelf provider" means… judging from this thread.

I don't think there are any "top shelf" providers here, active or otherwise (prove me wrong!). It's just not the sort of place where they would choose to hang out, IMO. This is "Low End" talk after all. What we do appear to have is a crowd of new, fresh, awful and mediocre service providers, with a small bunch of great low end service providers mixed in. I certainly don't see places like DigitalOcean, Vultr, RamNode, Linode and friends as "top shelf" at all. They're just not the cream of the crop as far as internet service providers as a whole are concerned.

Now that you've got your pitchforks ready… here's the twist.

They are shining examples of great low end hosting providers. They sit at the top end of the little niche that is cheap VPS providers. A place where bang-for-your-buck is the number one rule, and support is a luxury. They should be recognised and applauded for the great services they provide, but don't mislabel them as something they're not.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Nekki said:
    No-one lies about their age, do they?

Not any more than 8/10 of the people behind characters in World of Warcraft claim to be girls.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited November 2014

VPSRAIDSolutions said: I've got around 3 executives to handle tickets

Fuck no...who are you trying to shit on... If you couldn't afford the 500 ($9.5) hundred rupees (VAT) / 1000 ($16.5)rupees (ST) registration to register your company (those charges are one time ever.. (And probably a few thousand rupees more if you went through a consultant) ... How could you afford to pay 3 people to support your business...

Even if you are paying three .. you must've got them off fiver or somewhere the like...
    And mind that you do not have an office space (You offered a hosting option from your home a while back, remember)...

Edit #2 - And if you have three people apart from yourself supporting tickets all day long on the minimal number of servers you run, you are doing something very very very wrong

Edit 3 - The charges above are for registering a propreitorship which is what VPSRAIDSolutions runs (though he runs it unregistered )

• @ez2uk said:

Your reading skills are not good / you're lacking observation skills I guess

I've got around 3 executives to handle tickets All are my friends whom I've met along the way.

They are my tech mates btw each experienced in linux and 3rd one pro at minecraft.

@ez2uk I'd not want to get to the same level as you using vulgar language ( I agree I also have used it but trying to change that ) you say I can't afford to pay 500 VAT / 1k ST registration to register my company ?? What need does an individual without a huge turnover not voiding any tax rules need to register ? ? I will repeat my self your so-called-registered companies are being trolled with their un-reliable services. Dont take me under same league.

On the other hand I am a valid CCAVENUE gateway holder with all documents processed for my busienss. I'm waiting for an approval for my M.A.R.S account to integrate with my blesta.

I dont trust outsourcing on fiverr or any public forum for that case.

Mention providers ( individuals ) who have their office for a startup vps business.

In the end I'd like to conclude when you don't know a person you dont have the right to comment on his financial status.

This discussion has been closed.