Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuadIX Dedicated *2 CPU Xeon X5650 2.66 GHz (24 cores w/HT) / 42 GB ECC RAM / 1TB SATA * – $47.95 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuadIX Dedicated *2 CPU Xeon X5650 2.66 GHz (24 cores w/HT) / 42 GB ECC RAM / 1TB SATA * – $47.95

13»

Comments

• @innoideas said:
    volumedrive

just ordered one.. lets hee how it goes

Sounds good. If you have an order ID, we'll make sure this gets fast tracked. We sold out of our initial batch of servers, but we have several hundred more arriving tomorrow to keep the everything moving along without delay.

• Let us know via the ticket if you need further assistance.

• @volumedrive

Awesome! Please check you PMs for my order data

• Great support so far! I put a ticket before few minutes about invoicing issue and got 2 replies already, cheers :)

• @volumedrive

do you guys received the new servers? As I am still waiting for my server...

• @innoideas

We are resuming builds on Monday. New shipment has arrived and we are getting everything prepped. As always, we appreciate everyone’s patience.

• @aggressivenetworks said:
    I did but they wont even replace a disk that even bad! They need to test it. Well take it out and hot swap a new one. Test it on your own time not mine. Its kinda starting to piss me off. Then the support says the DRAC and media direction doesn't work which is totally wrong! Just the amount of time wasted on getting a stupid disk replaced!

I am also going thru the same. low I/o rate. Drac issue. BTW KVM not launching in DRAC. was that your problem? How did you solve it?

• @mashokk369 You have to change the extension to .jnlp and launch it via windows file manager or what ever file manager. The problem was the random disconnects via the kvm and having to relaunch 3-4 times to get a descent connection. I run a raid 0 setup with ssd caching. Then have a 3rd drive for backups then rsync those to 2 offsite storage servers. Overall the network is descent for me.

• mashokk369mashokk369 Member
    edited November 2014
  • @aggressivenetworks said:
    mashokk369 You have to change the extension to .jnlp and launch it via windows file manager or what ever file manager. The problem was the random disconnects via the kvm and having to relaunch 3-4 times to get a descent connection. I run a raid 0 setup with ssd caching. Then have a 3rd drive for backups then rsync those to 2 offsite storage servers. Overall the network is descent for me.

I have 4x1 TB software Raid 10. I/O benchmarks is very low 46mb/s. Found no problems with the drives. What could be the reason for slow i/o?

• Shouldn't see slow I/O especially from a raid 10 setup. What does cat /proc/mdstat show? Please open a support ticket and we'll help you troubleshoot.

• mashokk369mashokk369 Member
    edited November 2014

@volumedrive said:
    Shouldn't see slow I/O especially from a raid 10 setup. What does cat /proc/mdstat show? Please open a support ticket and we'll help you troubleshoot.

I have opened a support ticket on (No:395916) on 09th november. Not solved yet. support talked about a suspect disk and waited for new consignments. But still not done anything yet. Please check this up ASAP. I am not using the server due to this.

cat /proc/mdstat shows:

Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid10] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
    md0 : active raid10 sdc5[1] sdd5[3] sdb5[2] sda5[0]
    1953258496 blocks super 1.2 512K chunks 2 near-copies [4/4] [UUUU]
    unused devices:

• I am still waiting for them to deliver.... Althought they respond to the tickets in a resonable time, they seem a bit unprofessional, but that doesn't mean that they don't know what they are doing. @volumedrive I need to migrate my current VPS server and my term with my current provider is nearing it's end. I have ordered one server for testing so that I can transfer all my servers before I have to renew with my other provider. If we miss the window, I wont be able to rent from you. Please deliver the server as fast as possible.
    Thanks.

• @Teucrus said:
    I am still waiting for them to deliver.... Althought they respond to the tickets in a resonable time, they seem a bit unprofessional, but that doesn't mean that they don't know what they are doing. volumedrive I need to migrate my current VPS server and my term with my current provider is nearing it's end. I have ordered one server for testing so that I can transfer all my servers before I have to renew with my other provider. If we miss the window, I wont be able to rent from you. Please deliver the server as fast as possible.
    Thanks.

What is your order ID, please? We can usually expedite if there is a request.

• @volumedrive I can't seem to be able to find the order id in the client are.
    instead here is the paypal transaction ID #61P958438S4084120 or if need any other information, you can pm me.
    Thanks.

• @volumedrive are the new servers that are being ordered Dual CPU setups or Single CPU setups?

• @volumedrive .. are these deals available still ?

• As per WHT post now with 48Gb

• @dammugly said:
    volumedrive .. are these deals available still ?

Yes, they are still available.

• @mashokk369 said:
    As per WHT post now with 48Gb

Correct, now standard with 48GB.

• @volumedrive .. i wish you had responded sooner .. i just picked up 2 dedi yesterday at a killer price :(
    thanx tho .. maybe next time

• @dammugly said:
    volumedrive .. i wish you had responded sooner .. i just picked up 2 dedi yesterday at a killer price :(
    thanx tho .. maybe next time

From where?

• @mashokk369 said:

Please open a support ticket if you'd like to upgrade to the 48GB current offer.

• @XFS_Duke said:
    volumedrive are the new servers that are being ordered Dual CPU setups or Single CPU setups?

Dual CPU

• @volumedrive said:

Please check my ticket no 395916. there is more than this 48 GB upgarde.