Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET and CF are up to something - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET and CF are up to something

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

How is it looking now?

• Still have issues from TalkTalk in the UK.

• I'm back!

• Working for me now UK

Ok, so @wych your issue is still persisting?

• I seem to get this problem after going through a few pages, suddenly I just get "No Data Received" doesn't work on either LET or LEB...

Jack said: Go you! It's finally working!

Why did it take this long though?

Things tend to be complicated, especially when there are numerous ongoing attacks at all times, all of which have different footprints.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

And it is back, so what was the final change?

• Working :)

• Seems to be working fine for me today, no cloudflare errors yet.

• The last error was 4 hours ago.

• @jbiloh said:
    Ok, so wych your issue is still persisting?

Seems to be stable for me today.

• Working fine now.

• Why colocrossing should use cloudflare when they can host without cloudflare.

AnthonySmith said: And it is back, so what was the final change?

There were a bunch of changes, but the final one was removing a buggy firewall rule and rebooting the PF nodes.

• alessioalessio Member
    edited October 2014

@jbiloh said:
    There were a bunch of changes, but the final one was removing a buggy firewall rule and rebooting the PF nodes.

Unfortunately I just got yet another Cloudflare error. It lasted only briefly though (so maybe it was really Cloudflare related).

• @alessio yep i can confirm. It lasted a few minutes.

• I'm getting these 522 errors myself now as well; hadn't personally experienced it at LET before today.

• ATM it looks like an issue with Cloudflare. Some of my other sites are also having this issue from the UK.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

jbiloh said: There were a bunch of changes, but the final one was removing a buggy firewall rule and rebooting the PF nodes.

That is essentially what I has suspected, firewall auto rules being applied within CC, looks like it is coming back.

Anyway did you get my email or would that get filtered too?

• Just got another 522 but I refreshed and it went away.

I think that was just a momentary burp and should already be resolved.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I also got 522 again, that realy sucks. Why the fuck do you use Cloudfare when its just shit?

Thanked by 1asf

Infinity580 said: I also got 522 again, that realy sucks. Why the fuck do you use Cloudfare when its just shit?

When did you get the 522?

• Infinity580 said: I also got 522 again, that realy sucks. Why the fuck do you use Cloudfare when its just shit?

I've never had such issues with cloudflare - it seems to be their configuration on the back end to mitigate ddos on their own that is causing the 522's and not cloudflare.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@jbiloh about 30 Minutes ago.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited October 2014

Corey said: I've never had such issues with cloudflare - it seems to be their configuration on the back end to mitigate ddos on their own that is causing the 522's and not cloudflare.

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear this is not an issue on CloudFlare's end.

Some of the recent 522's were caused by us, yes due to our complex firewall rules and a mistake we made.

• @jbiloh said:
    Some of the recent 522's were caused by us, yes due to our complex firewall rules and a mistake we made.

Consider replacing cloudflare with www.x4b.net you could roundrobin DNS multiple IP adresses (DDoS Protected) on the same A record to add more difficulty for the attacker.