Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scammers ! Avoid SkylineNetworks Aka. Shivam - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scammers ! Avoid SkylineNetworks Aka. Shivam

Comments

• 'scam' is quite a strong word that gets thrown around a lot here. 'inept', 'unaware', 'misinformed' or 'wrong' would sometimes be a better fit.

Thanked by 2MikePT Nekki
  • Comes to mind thinking... did you actually ask OVH since it was in your control and you got it transferred to your account, it's then your property, your issue to fix and not the initial owners. Just because it stopped working doesn't mean you can willy-nilly throw a dispute in to the owner saying it's their fault, in fact it's either your own or OVH's fault and if you're reluctant to fix this with OVH before opening a dispute then lord only knows what the world's come to...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@MattKC said:
    Mr General, why are you jumping on the op? It was Shivam who opened the dispute, after a month, without so much as contacting the op first, putting false info into the PayPal dispute, essentially trying to defraud the op of the payment sent. Sure, I prob would have reached out first, but seeing how the other guy has carried himself in some threads, I wouldn't have expected to get a response from him anyway.

Because you're only seeing one side of the story, it could be some sort of bug, something not working properly.

Everyone loves to bash other providers here.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I do have to admit that the 1 month later dispute is wrong, something is looking shady in this story. We'll see how it goes, but try to see what's going on, fix it :-)

• @Shivam some screenshot would be helpful

• @ricardo said:
    'scam' is quite a strong word that gets thrown around a lot here. 'inept', 'unaware', 'misinformed' or 'wrong' would sometimes be a better fit.

He got the dedicated server he paid for, even OVH acknowledges the transfer was successful and installed SolusVM on it. Now (a month later), he opens up a PayPal dispute that he didn't receive his server and wants a full refund.

I'm pretty sure that would be classified under the 'scam' category.

Thanked by 2ATHK netomx
  • ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

@Shivam got a dedicated from me in June, 5 days later he comes asking for a refund because he had "sold his company to someone else" and he had exams coming up and needed the money.. we do not offer refunds on dedis so it was a no... 6 days later I get the dispute email from paypal saying it was an unauthorized payment.. he won, so.. is he a scammer? heck yeah! he's got a nerve playing to be a webhost, not to be trusted!

Thanked by 3netomx namhuy zafouhar
  • @ndelaespada said:
    Shivam got a dedicated from me in June, 5 days later he comes asking for a refund because he had "sold his company to someone else" and he had exams coming up and needed the money.. we do not offer refunds on dedis so it was a no... 6 days later I get the dispute email from paypal saying it was an unauthorized payment.. he won, so.. is he a scammer? heck yeah! he's got a nerve playing to be a webhost, not to be trusted!

Is it in fraudrecord?

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited September 2014

Fair enough Pwner, when you put it like that, assuming the information presented on here is accurate.

I understand why some people resell these servers, usually because the country they're in limits their ability to buy (typically because the CC companies definition of risk)... seems to be this kind of dodgyness is part and parcel of these trades.

Paypal is a horrible arbiter to rely on for 'justice'.

• ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

@DalComp said:

yup

Thanked by 1DalComp
  • @ricardo said:
    Fair enough Pwner, when you put it like that, assuming the information presented on here is accurate.

I understand why some people resell these servers, usually because the country they're in limits their ability to buy (typically because the CC companies definition of risk)... seems to be this kind of dodgyness is part and parcel of these trades.

Paypal is a horrible arbiter to rely on for 'justice'.

This transaction is not a reselling actually, it's a transfer. So seller obligation ends as soon as the server was transferred to buyer account. From there on, it's a service between OVH and the buyer; and further server issues (unable to log in, server down, or whatever) should be discussed with OVH.

• It's essentially a gentleman's agreement between two individuals, regardless of how you want to describe the exchange itself. Relying on OVH as a 3rd party in proving the transaction is a pretty poor position to end up in.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited September 2014

Irony of the fact that companies like ChicagoVPS can still advertise even though they're known scammers, yet mpkossen jumps right onto this guy with only a few complains.. Interesting.

OP, I'm really sorry this happened to you. The majority of LET users are really good people if you get to know us. For future reference (although this seems really obvious) make sure that the user you're dealing with has been around for a while and has a good reputation on here :)

@Shivam, I'm really disappointed in you, you're not even attempting to show your side of the story and pretty much admit you're a scammer... Makes us all look bad :(

Thanked by 3ATHK SplitIce xDragonZ
  • @mrgeneral, I used to be trusting of people, but for some reason people think that it's ok to be dodgy online these days.

Now we have a second member (or is it really 3 now) confirming Shivam's tactic of using paypal to steal from people. I really wish pp would stop allowing unverified members to participate. Of course you can block unverified payments, and I do, to help avoid people like this, but it seems like they should do more to protect their members, and themselves.

@Shivam, karma is a bitch.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@0xdragon said:
    Irony of the fact that companies like ChicagoVPS can still advertise even though they're known scammers, yet mpkossen jumps right onto this guy with only a few complains.. Interesting.

OP, I'm really sorry this happened to you. The majority of LET users are really good people if you get to know us. For future reference (although this seems really obvious) make sure that the user you're dealing with has been around for a while and has a good reputation on here :)

Shivam, I'm really disappointed in you, youre not even attempting to show your side of the story and pretty much admit you're a scammer... Makes us all look bad :(

Us? Who's "us"?

• @netomx said:
    Us? Who's "us"?

LET members. I was referring to OP's new stance on doing deals here.

• I think he meant LET users on the whole..

duyan13 said: Never going to do any deals on LET anymore that's too risky ;)

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @coolnow said:
    Was it ever explained why he "chose" Skyline in the Wordpress thread and is now running the "company"? This isn't even fishy any more, it's straight up ammonia.

Wow. I've never seen such a simple joke go over so many people's heads.

• @hostnoob said:
    Wow. I've never seen such a simple joke go over so many people's heads.

Everyone just assumes conspiracy these days.

• I'm in a different timezone to you us folks. as i said before since this was a private matter i'd be happy to have a private chat with this guy and actually see what went wrong with that ovh server after the transfer happened. I asked him to pm via let and we could have resolved what went wrong. However since i'm 'a scammer' according to this community i'll just leave it. It's not my fault that my ovh server wasn't working after the transfer before the transfer yes it was when i was testing it. After he told me transfer was completed i waited until the support resolved my issue but didn't.

• ShivamShivam Member
    edited September 2014

@MrGeneral thanks for trying to understand both sides, @HyperSpeed i have tried to contact them every time they say its been fixed via email but nothing seems to happen. I don't get why everyone jumps straight to a conclusion , Shivam ''Scammer''.

• @Shivam.
    Opening a dispute after a month seems like a bit of an odd situation. Instead of going for a dispute, you should've tried to settle things directly. Moreover, as the server is officially transferred, it is no longer the duty of OP. You should try to get things straight with OVH. That being said, dispute always looks like a shady thing to do.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @guitrarfire yeap i see where your coming from, at least i learned by the server directly then through someone for later mishaps and other problems.

• duyan13duyan13 Member
    edited September 2014

@Shivam You can't be serious. So you are indirectly calling them scammers to not providing you the dedicated server ?

I contacted them yesterday and look. Please stop acting you are innocent, you are making it worst...

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2014

@duyan13 Firstly, you should easily win the dispute, it's an intangible item so there's no Buyer Protection for @shivam. Just call them and explain them the situation and also tell them that the service was delivered digitally.

Secondly, do us all a favor and add his details to FraudRecord: https://www.fraudrecord.com/report-manager/index.php?action=submit-report . If you use MaxMind, you should also report it to them: http://dev.maxmind.com/faq/how-do-i-report-fraud-to-maxmind/.

That would go a long way to help other fellow providers. Once you deal with the dispute, contact paypal and open a counter dispute as suggested earlier.

• alexhalexh Member
    edited September 2014

Shivam said: I don't get why everyone jumps straight to a conclusion , Shivam ''Scammer''.

Because you chose to give your word to OP, and send him money. You also chose to accept the server transfer, and open a PayPal dispute 1 month after the server was transferred to your control. You are a liar, but overall, a con-artist. It makes me feel even worse for OP because he's done nothing wrong, yet you're playing the victim, and attempting to turn the situation on him by lying. Sometimes it's better to admit to our mistakes, grow up, be honest and move on.

Corey said: My business didn't scam anyone, just me personally, so my business shouldn't be held accountable. (Says Shivam)

The internet is horrible because of this; Not only do these people clearly have no idea of how to run a business, but anybody could start a business like his, resulting in people being scammed. It's just so easy on the internet, and that's why I trust nobody, and I'm sure others feel the same.

Shivam said: However since i'm 'a scammer' according to this community i'll just leave it. It's not my fault that my ovh server wasn't working after the transfer before the transfer yes it was when i was testing it.

Sounds like an admission of guilt to me. You acknowledge that the transfer took place. Once it did, it's now OVH' problem, not OP's. So you admit to scamming him, because you knew the transfer took place, yet still made a chargeback. You also admit that the service he transferred to you worked! It's not his responsibility to manage an UNMANAGED server after it has been transferred into your control. It's clear to me that you did something wrong, not OVH, and definitely not the OP.

• duyan13duyan13 Member
    edited October 2014

I just want to update the status of my dispute, the dispute has been closed and paypal gave me my money back and I appreciate it :) Thanks. Perhaps most of you guys don't care but I just want to make sure everyone on this forum is dealing safe so this thread has been opened. Anyway, this issue has been resolved so Have a nice day :)

Thanked by 3netomx vimalware comXyz
  • @duyan13 said:
    I just want to update the status of my dispute, the dispute has been closed and paypal gave me my money back and I appreciate it :) Thanks. Perhaps most of you guys don't care but I just want to make sure everyone on this forum is dealing safe so this thread has been opened. Anyway, this issue has been resolved so Have a nice day :)

Fantastic! So glad that you won! :-)

Thanked by 2duyan13 vimalware
  • @duyan13

Congratulations. Glad you won. Sucks that you had to waste so much time because of the nerve of some people.

• so does this mean he's banned as a scammer seeing as paypal agrees?