Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXCore - Page 35
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXCore

Comments

• @Pats said: i think what @LAKid meant by that is DC near home. That way things are better in some way, you don't have to rely much on DC support as you can always drop there fast and fix things.

Well IPXCore did that with their old DC in Phoenix but it didn't work out anyway. However when you don't have physical access to a server some kinf of remote KVM is a must.

• DamianDamian Member

@Zen: Thanks for the echo...

@Pats said: i think what @LAKid meant by that is DC near home. That way things are better in some way, you don't have to rely much on DC support as you can always drop there fast and fix things.

Indeed, Adam lived about 15 minutes away from the DC. This remote thing is having some headaches.

@LAKid said: look for some stable DC like Kansas or something.

I don't think there are any stable DC's in Kansas :X

• PatsPats Member

@httpzoom said: With DC's you tend to get what you pay for

don't think colocrossing is cheap? or issit??
    but such big DC don't have staff on Sundays? can't understand this...

• LAKidLAKid Member

where this ise going, the thread count will go beyond 2000 pretty soon.
    Rent a server from Wholesale, etc, see how it is, then, move slowly...
    I think that's a lot better than relying on this crap DC, I think they're worse than AZ.

• PatsPats Member

@Jack said: Colocrossing isn't cheap but remember @Damian isn't directly with them his via CVPS.

via or direct, still i think the prices don't go down to the level @httpzoom suggested...

• TaylorTaylor Member

@Jack said: What price did he he suggest?

>

budget crap.

• LAKidLAKid Member

@Jack So according to you, this is 100% @Damian's Fault, right?

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@Taylor I wouldn't say premium DC. But there are guys around 24/7 and I know someone high up there which makes me feel that if there is a problem its easy to get hold of someone.

Colocrossing itself is a good DC, but it sounds like he's in a private cage or something that the DC itself will not touch. That is unless their direct customer gets into contact with them. So your going through 3 layers just to get the attention of the DC :(

• PatsPats Member

@Jack said: and Why CVPS is there too with no issues?

Not sure.. i don't have any vps with CVPS, Yesterday it was ddos on sapphire node.
    do you mean CVPS don't have ddos in their history?

i'm not backing anyone, but it takes little time to set in the new environment especially when previous DC was at 15 mins drive - you don't have to keep spares at DC or you may forget what KVM is actually :P

• PatsPats Member

@Zen said: He means their are thousands of companies hosted with ColoCrossing that do not have any issues at all

i know what he meant... but 'do not have issues at all' ? Can any co. honestly claim that in their history? That too within few days after shifting from one DC to another even if the DC's are in the same city?

• PatsPats Member
    edited July 2012

@Zen said: That's 4 issues in almost 8 months.

and what were the Stats of IPXCore before this thread started?
    and what were the Stats of CVPS when they just moved in to ColoCrossing?

• PatsPats Member
    edited July 2012

@Jack said: They started in colocrossing didn't they?

why shud i know that?
    i want to know their stats when they just moved in to ColoCrossing

• PatsPats Member

@Jack said: Why should I know it?

because you are comparing..
    i want to see comparison on similar situation

• Now I have to go through 800 posts of bitching to get upto date with IPXCore. Go do it through PM's and stop thread hijacking.

• LAKidLAKid Member

I still think DC is a crap considering @Damian's performance or track record so far.
    He didn't have outage like this when he was in AZ(minus last month), that means he knows what he's doing, so who's at fault? Crappy DC jerks...

• PatsPats Member

@Jack said: I give up I'm not arguing I was Just showing that LAKID's statement was incorrect

true, LAKID's statement was incorrect but comparing CVPS & IPXcore at ColoCrossing is also incorrect.
    Its a new environment for IPXcore and for CVPS its a playground for quite a while i suppose - maybe even the biometric scanner recognizes CVPS guys and they don't need to put their thumb..

that said... @Damian whats the status... ?

• TazTaz Member

@LAKid it is Damians (ipxCore's) fault to not to have remote tech or remote access available ,not the DC.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited July 2012

Well, IMHO both are wrong xD
    And both are right xDDD

Software issues > Mostly the provider is the culprit (and software developers, etc)
    Hardware issues > God is the culprit
    Network issues > Datacenter is the culprit

Just some ideas.

And today the problem is the first if I read correctly.

Today is sunday, nothing we can do. Murphy strikes, and the issues come in the worst moment, like today.

Thanked by 1connercg
  • sodasoda Member

yes, diamond node went down , more than 4 hours still down ... :(((

• PatsPats Member
    edited July 2012

@yomero said: Well, IMHO both are wrong xD

And both are right xDDD

And ultimately you're right? cuz its Sunday ??
    ok i'll see you on Monday... :D

• LAKidLAKid Member

@Pats I think it's your fault..

• You could consider it my fault for misplacing the IP KVM power supply during the emergency data center move.

• PatsPats Member
    edited July 2012

@Zen said: didn't check the DC's staff working times, this has been posted

Posted where?
    Does it really mean No Staff at this DC on Sunday... i still can't believe it... i'd better colo at Joe's, i think they have some support on Sunday also and even its not there.. its understood..
    IPX - its just my opinion, i don't say your move was wrong or Joe's is better (as i have already mentioned it takes a little while to settle in new place/environment...)

@Pats honestly I'd direct that type of question to phxadam or damian.

Its very unlikely colocrossing do not have staff onsite over the weekend.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2012

@httpzoom said: Its very unlikely colocrossing do not have staff onsite over the weekend.

It is true, as their office is about 15-20 minutes from the DC. I have been trying to get someone there all day. If I had access I would have done it hours ago myself ( working on that as we speak so this doesn't happen. ) Also we are working on getting IPX permanent KVM's so this will not be an issue any longer.

Edit: I am very frustrated myself at this point

Thanked by 3connercg Pats jcaleb
    edited July 2012

@cvps_chris thats crazy, have you guys had this kind of trouble before? They'll have to go on my "do not touch with bargepole" list if:
    1) as a big customer you haven't been able to contact them
    2) they do not have remote hands 24/7

• PatsPats Member

@httpzoom said: honestly I'd direct that type of question to phxadam or damian

i directed to Zen as he said its Posted so he should be knowing...

i'll direct to phxadmin or damian more imp question than this... Status??

• subigosubigo Member

@CVPS_Chris said: It is true, as their office is about 15-20 minutes from the DC. I have been trying to get someone there all day. If I had access I would have done it hours ago myself ( working on that as we speak so this doesn't happen. ) Also we are working on getting IPX permanent KVM's so this will not be an issue any longer.

...what? I've never heard of a datacenter that wasn't staffed 24/7. That's insane.

@subigo said: ...what? I've never heard of a datacenter that wasn't staffed 24/7. That's insane.

Any other location Colocrossing runs out of is. Just happens to be Buffalo that is not and have to wait for someone from the office to drive there -_-

I have been in contact with them, but have not heard any updates and will be calling momentarily.

@httpzoom said: @cvps_chris thats crazy, have you guys had this kind of trouble before? They'll have to go on my "do not touch with bargepole" list if:

1) as a big customer you haven't been able to contact them
    2) they do not have remote hands 24/7

I wouldnt go that far, I have contacted them and talked with them, just for some reason they are slower today. I have not had issues like this in the past. They have 24/7 in all other locations but this new one in Buffalo but will be changing shortly ( so I have been told )

KVM access has been setup. Everything should be set now. Happy Sunday......maybe.

This discussion has been closed.