Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is how Vultr treated me make up your own minds - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

This is how Vultr treated me make up your own minds

124»

Comments

• aviavi Member

@kcaj said:
    2.) The client can go to another host if they have a problem like this.

I don't get it. So if my account is suspended, I have lost all my data and support guys, keep closing help threads, I should go to another host?

doesn't make sense to me -('-')/-

• Caveman122Caveman122 Member
    edited August 2014

@partymonger said:
    Spirit - Vanilla makes it like a river of text where nothing stands out. But point noted, thanks. :)

Well, when you highlight everything, nothing is highlighted.

Thanked by 1partymonger
  • alexhalexh Member
    edited August 2014

partymonger said: Hahaha no butthurt mate, just making sure others dont walk into the same trap. Servers get hacked all the time. With Vultr your server gets hacked, thats bad, but then they go and delete not just your vps but your account too without confirmation. Great service. Very customer centric.

Servers don't get hacked all the time. Poorly secured servers get hacked all the time, while even moderately secure servers don't. I'm sorry you feel this way, but if this was the situation you were put in, there's fault on your side too.

partymonger said: So basically do anything but dont defame them. Im pretty sure that you are a rep now. Haha what excellent logic. Let thme go cause there are worst hosts out there. We should all adjust our expectations according to the worst in the business cause a rep from Vultr said so. LOL yeah sure bro. Whatever you say.

Just because you were PERSONALLY unable to work towards a resolution with them does not make them the worst in business. This is a silly conclusion for you to jump to.

I had a poor experience with Vultr, but they're still well-regarded, and operate a very solid service. I choose to use another provider. This can be said the same for friends; Some "friends" will treat you like shit, while others will be there until the day you die. Stick with the friends, and in this case providers, that treat you well. It might make you happier.

• wychwych Member

@alexh, Bella and partymonger must set their boxes up the same way.

Thanked by 1aggressivenetworks
  • sumosumo Member

@DaveA said:
    I think this whole issue has gone to far and people aren't understanding our point of view.

A) We realize the policy may be too strict. We're going to change it completely.

B) We offered a 200.00 credit, we realize you're upset with us and probably won't use it, but it'll be there should you ever change your mind.

C) We're sorry this happened to you, and while we can't fix what's already transpired we will make changes to prevent this from happening again.

D) I never heard that our support staff was condescending before, and that will be addressed tomorrow as well.

Our goal is 100% satisfaction.

When an updated TOS is available, it would be nice if a link is posted here reflecting that. I haven't signed up for Vultr yet, but have taken a look now and then since your soft launch. I've been hesitant for various reasons and hearing experiences like this doesn't nudge me in that direction. I feel that the service is still not ready for business production use.

• aviavi Member

alexh said: Just because you were PERSONALLY unable to work towards a resolution with them does not make them the worst in business. This is a silly conclusion for you to jump to.

Isn't everyone's experience is personal?

• athoatho Member

I have used Vultr for a few months now and never had a problem at all. They have replied to tickets and issues with me very quick and with answers.. Maybe I should start spamming and crying on forums because I do not know how to manage my servers/clients for some free credits.

• Just a quick question: since port 25 was blocked on the VPS's sending the spam how exactly was the spam emails sent? @DaveA - was port 25 actually blocked or not?