Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is how Vultr treated me make up your own minds - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

This is how Vultr treated me make up your own minds

Comments

• @wych said:
    Or its OP's fault for not having backups to fall back on, y'know like everyone should.

Yes i agree that OP is at fault for not having backup at other locations which is Minimum thing to do but the issue is more related to Host not keeping his words and taking down the server without a notice - I feel pity for OP.

• partymongerpartymonger Member
    edited August 2014

This is the reply I had got from their CEO right at the beginning of the month. He had promised positive action and changing the horrendous and paranoid policy on their part of treating customers as terrorists. Well guess what Mr. David, you are are liar and you cheat customers.

Its clear that you allowed smtp access on the account you didnt have to.
    You deleted the whole account instead of a single node.
    You then go on to lie again that you are "looking into changing the policy" WHICH IS WHAT YOU HAD SAID A MONTH AGO.

David Aninowsky
    2014-08-03 15:26:52 The policy was written by legal to handle the worst case scenarios possible. The audit refers to our affiliate program as it would cause an issue if people started spamming us with our link for them to earn money. It has nothing to do with auditing your servers.

As for the policy, we have legal updating it and softening the language as much as possible. This process takes time and we expect our policies to be updated in the next 30 days.

We are in fact on our customers side, we want everyone to have a great experience and we only destroy instances that are abusive with no reply in 24 hours from the customer.

David A.
    Vultr.com
    100 Matawan Rd
    Suite 420
    Matawan, NJ 07747
    [email protected]

I say, pick all their followers on twitter, and start tweeting them with the link of this thread. Let these guys know how it feels to kick someone in the shins when they trust these bastards with their business.

I mean god, I took a whole day yesterday just configuring and finetuning the server, if these idiots decide tomorrow they ahve a problem with me, all my efforts are in vain.

God help these idiot.s

• wychwych Member

@partymonger said:
    I say, pick all their followers on twitter, and start tweeting them with the link of this thread.

You clearly have nothing better to do.

• universal8 said: Like me??? wanna get rude, lmao like you oldman giving the hosting industry a bad reputation

How professional of you. This is exactly the reason I suggested you should reveal your company name earlier on, so that anybody shocked by your behaviour and business practices can avoid.

edited August 2014

Tweet to all their followers, their customers who have posted a positive review, to their competitors so they can also share with the others and these guys get blacklisted everywhere.

There is no other way to deal with these guys who just love harassing their customers. They even closed the thread on their support forums. Who does the client go to if they have a problem like this?

• partymonger said: There is no other way to deal with these guys who just love harassing their customers. They even closed the thread on their support forums. Who does the client go to if they have a problem like this?

1.) The only harassing I'm seeing is the action you have proposed yourself.

2.) The client can go to another host if they have a problem like this.

edited August 2014

Wow @Kcaj and @Wych, you guys are defending these idiots for clear anti consumer practices? What else is a customer to do about days of wasted efforts and money and lost reputation among clients? Setting up all those servers and then having them deleted at a whim? What do you tell your customers?

You guys cant be serious that they dont deserve a public trashing of their reputation for what they do to customers?

Im wondering if you guys are even normal customers or Vultr reps >.<

• Somebody forgot to take his medicine again? Calm down a bit, mate...

• Ah, ofcourse, victim shaming is the in thing these days. Righto mate. No more posting here.

• wychwych Member

@partymonger said:
    Wow Kcaj and Wych, you guys are defending these idiots for clear anti consumer practices?

Stop twisting what I am saying.

If you want to defame them as you are saying you clearly have too much time on your hands.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@DaveA said:
    I think this whole issue has gone to far and people aren't understanding our point of view.

A) We realize the policy may be too strict. We're going to change it completely.

B) We offered a 200.00 credit, we realize you're upset with us and probably won't use it, but it'll be there should you ever change your mind.

C) We're sorry this happened to you, and while we can't fix what's already transpired we will make changes to prevent this from happening again.

D) I never heard that our support staff was condescending before, and that will be addressed tomorrow as well.

Our goal is 100% satisfaction.

So Vultr have admitted they made a mistake, agreed for a complete policy review as a result, given the client a full refund and also $200 on top of that in credit.

Seriously this was the best possible outcome, they have agreed to make changes to ensure it does not happen again, mistakes are made all day long it is how you respond to them that matters.

Honestly what do you expect them to do, rewind time for you?

I think it was completely stupid to give the customer permission to do this, then terminate immediately when the whole account when 2/3 servers got abuse reports but it looks like they also realize this now too.

IMO case resolved

Thanked by 1ATHK
    edited August 2014

@wych said:
    If you want to defame them as you are saying you clearly have too much time on your hands.

Maybe I will make time for it. Why are you getting your panties in a bunch over a twisted service provider getting what is due to them? Its not like you are talking about defaming someone who doesnt deserve it.

Look at the message i posted earlier, its been around a month since and they still do the same thing. The CEO outrightly lied there and then they delete or lock threads on the forum to give a clean impression.

How else do you tackle such providers and save others from falling in their trap?

edited August 2014

@AnthonySmith - They said the same thing a month back. That is just their damage control mechanism. They dont mean it. Wait some days you'l have another person saying the same thing here. Most people just ignore and move on.

@partymonger said:
    AnthonySmith - They said the same thing a month back. That is just their damage control mechanism.

Ok and I assume this is one of those threads you say they deleted?

• wychwych Member

@partymonger said:
    How else do you tackle such providers and save others from falling in their trap?

By not spamming their customers via Twitter.

If you don't like it talk with your Wallet rather than whining, you already got $200 from them in credit and they apologised.

Why are you getting your panties in a bunch

Haha my boxers are fine thanks. Defamation is defamation and can be prosecuted in certain countries.

twisted service provider getting what is due to them?

Haha, try using GreenValueHost or 123Systems and see what a 'twisted provider' is.

Maybe I will make time for it.

Time is money, find new clients to sell to rather than making threads about other providers; all you are doing is giving them free publicity.

its been around a month since and they still do the same thing

Maybe the policy is still in review, y'know not everyone makes large scale changes at the drop of a hat?

tldr; quit bitching and find a new host you do like, or run your own SMTP relay and get a different set of issues to deal with.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Ok and I assume this is one of those threads you say they deleted?

Yeah they deleted that tread on their forum. And this from the support ticket text from DaveA who's post you quoted above. He is the CEO at Vultr-

David Aninowsky 2014-08-03 15:26:52 The policy was written by legal to handle the worst case scenarios possible. The audit refers to our affiliate program as it would cause an issue if people started spamming us with our link for them to earn money. It has nothing to do with auditing your servers.

As for the policy, we have legal updating it and softening the language as much as possible. This process takes time and we expect our policies to be updated in the next 30 days.

We are in fact on our customers side, we want everyone to have a great experience and we only destroy instances that are abusive with no reply in 24 hours from the customer.

David A. Vultr.com 100 Matawan Rd Suite 420 Matawan, NJ 07747 [email protected]

This was a month ago. All that "we will look into the policy thing" is just a facade.

• @wych said:
    tldr; quit bitching and find a new host you do like, or run your own SMTP relay and get a different set of issues to deal with.

So basically do anything but dont defame them. Im pretty sure that you are a rep now. Haha what excellent logic. Let thme go cause there are worst hosts out there. We should all adjust our expectations according to the worst in the business cause a rep from Vultr said so. LOL yeah sure bro. Whatever you say.

• Policies take time to update, as they must be run by legal in a legitimate company.

Legal is expensive, and takes for f****ing ever in most cases.

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

@partymonger said:
    So basically do anything but dont defame them. Im pretty sure that you are a rep now. Haha what excellent logic. Let thme go cause there are worst hosts out there. We should all adjust our expectations according to the worst in the business cause a rep from Vultr said so. LOL yeah sure bro. Whatever you say.

You already have with this thread... I was telling you not to SPAM their twitter followers as that is exactly as I called it - SPAM.

And you just proved what little you know. Am I hell a Vultr rep.

Keep moaning if you wish, your just defaming yourself further now rather than Vultr. I wonder how your customers would react if they saw you acting like this in the thread.

@GoodHosting said:
    Policies take time to update, as they must be run by legal in a legitimate company.

Legal is expensive, and takes for f****ing ever in most cases.

Maybe worded that way it will sink in.

@partymonger yeah that was only like 2 weeks ago, dont be silly no one likes a troll.

edited August 2014

@wych said:
    Keep moaning if you wish, your just defaming yourself further now rather than Vultr. I wonder how your customers would react if they saw you acting like this in the thread.

Oh that is what YOU call spam. I bet the Twitter followers would thank me for stopping them from walking into a trap. I know I would if someone told me that the server on which my livelyhood depends is hosted with paranoid and unprofessional providers.

As I am sure a lot of people here considering Vultr have already changed their mind.

Ps- I am not the OP. I am just someone who has raised this issue before and they assured me completely that this would be taken care of. This is the third instance i saw this since then. So thought i'd speak up

@AnthonySmith - 29-3= 26. Thats almost 4 weeks. And when you intent to change things the policy could change later but the implementation can be lenient the second you start believing that the policy is wrong.

partymonger said: Thats almost 4 weeks.

damn that long eh..... seriously when you don't stop shouting about an issue at every opportunity you get you very quickly become the source of irritation and your point gets completely lost in your own noise.

Thanked by 1aggressivenetworks
  • wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

@partymonger said:
    Ps- I am not the OP. I am just someone who has raised this issue before and they assured me completely that this would be taken care of. This is the third instance i saw this since then. So thought i'd speak up

Yes it is.

spam

noun

irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to large numbers of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc.

trademark

a tinned meat product made mainly from ham.

verb

verb: spam; 3rd person present: spams; past tense: spammed; past participle: spammed; gerund or present participle: spamming

send the same message indiscriminately to (a large numbers of Internet users).

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&amp;ion=1&amp;espv=2&amp;es_th=1&amp;ie=UTF-8#q=define:spam

So quit whining go do it and enjoy twitter banning your arse for SPAM.

@AnthonySmith said:
    damn that long eh..... seriously when you don't stop shouting about an issue at every opportunity you get you very quickly become the source of irritation and your point gets completely lost in your own noise.

How long did it take you to get SolusVM to roll out decent IPv6 again?

edited August 2014

@kcaj said:
    partymonger

Hahaha no butthurt mate, just making sure others dont walk into the same trap. Servers get hacked all the time. With Vultr your server gets hacked, thats bad, but then they go and delete not just your vps but your account too without confirmation. Great service. Very customer centric.

Not sure how anyone can defend that. But good luck. I am out of here now. I am sure people that need to be warned have been warned.

My best to all of you.

• But as long as you don't send spam, is there anything wrong with Vultr?

I have a Tokyo VPS and it's been great for me. The only issue is that the transfer limit is fairly low but that's understandable for Asian servers.

• wychwych Member

@partymonger FYI: half of what you say counts for most of the hosts on LET subject to you finding that certain client.

• @partymonger it's nothing wrong with using bold characters here and there to emphasize something, but calm down please - we see you.

Thanked by 2partymonger srvrpro
  • wychwych Member

@Spirit said:
    we see you.

• @Spirit - Vanilla makes it like a river of text where nothing stands out. But point noted, thanks. :)