Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1,99€ dedicated server ? - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1,99€ dedicated server ?

Comments

• taronyu said: What command again? (forgot it)

smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep -e Power_On

Thanked by 1taronyu
  • they all run with about 40c

• sonicsonic Veteran

smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep -e Power_On -e ^194 9 Power_On_Hours 0x0032 064 064 000 Old_age Always - 32239 194 Temperature_Celsius 0x0022 039 048 000 Old_age Always - 39 (Min/Max 0/62260)

• smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep -e Power_On -e ^194
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   064   064   000    Old_age   Always       -       31737
    194 Temperature_Celsius     0x0022   033   042   000    Old_age   Always       -       33 (0 18 0 0)
  • infectedinfected Member
    edited August 2014

stop spamming the frgin temperature lol. maybe the other one was in another server room which was left open for longer or their hydration in that specific room doesn't work properly or the drive of the one from rm_ was shitty..

• Wonderful, just got mine 4mins after ordering! Thanks for the hint!

• @hostnoob said:
    Is there a way to set it up so that I have a 100GB storage partition (which I can mirror to the FTP backup) and then when I want to reinstall the OS, I only delete the system partition keeping all my files in the backup partition safe?

anyone know?

• Once you've signed up with details and made a valid CC payment, is there anyway to get them to allow PayPal payments for future invoices?

• kcaj said: Once you've signed up with details and made a valid CC payment, is there anyway to get them to allow PayPal payments for future invoices?

Tried that, they said that they no longer accept PayPal.

• my second server ready

9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   035   035   000    Old_age   Always       -       28595
    194 Temperature_Celsius     0x0002   148   148   000    Old_age   Always       -       37 (Min/Max 20/45)

• Some speed tests:

Thessaloniki, Greece

Athens, Greece

Default (MEDIACTIVE NETWORK)

Cachefly
    2014-08-22 18:48:51 (75.4 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 14.0569 s, 76.4 MB/s

Not bad at all (and they raised quota for ordering, already I ordered a second)

• what does this mean?

ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED  WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE

184 End-to-End_Error        0x0032   093   093   099    Old_age   Always   FAILING_NOW 7

• since they only offer CentOS 7, I opened a ticket to request them to support CentOS 6.5. If enough people open ticket for such request - who knows they might support it?

In the meanwhile, I need to install EPEL repo. I only see link to 'beta' - does anyone know a released version of repo: http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/beta/7/x86_64/epel-release-7-0.2.noarch.rpm

• Gadelhas said: Tried that, they said that they no longer accept PayPal.

Gah, almost doubles the price of this with the charges my bank impose.

• akzakz Member
    edited August 2014

@Gadelhas said:

same response here.

Does anyone know if online.net will auto charge the CC every month or manual payments requiring me to authorize?

edit: nvm they will auto charge your CC every month.

• My bank's VCC not accepted. Anyother method.

• orakorak Member

Got myself six already. Hell this is better than RasPi's

• 9 Power_On_Hours 19737
    194 Temperature_Celsius 31

2 year and 3 months old for the hdd, no bad. Seagate server grade (24h running) hdd (!!!)
    bandwidth speed is very good on all my servers, more than 300Mbits both direction to EU and 180-200Mbits to US. Support is fast.

Can't believe it, too good to be true

• need to test their "XC" offer too :D

• I got this answer when I requested KVM.
    What does it mean?

"Hello,

Sorry, our KVM doesn't have a virtual drive for BYOL.

Regards,"

• @thehray said:
    My bank's VCC not accepted. Anyother method.

Mail them a check.

• @Pwner said:
    Mail them a check.

Just mailed them. They said use a card which has 3D secure facility. And my VCC has one. In talks with them, would update what happens next.

• About torrent (got answer in 15min lol) :

"Hello Cedric,

Yes, of course, you can use your Dedibox kidechire as torrent client or server. No problems. Please let me know if you have any questions :-)

Kind regards,"

\o/

• @cdejour said:
    About torrent (got answer in 15min lol) :

"Hello Cedric,

Yes, of course, you can use your Dedibox kidechire as torrent client or server. No problems. Please let me know if you have any questions :-)

Kind regards,"

\o/

Awesome.

• @cdejour said:
    About torrent (got answer in 15min lol) :

"Hello Cedric,

Kind regards,"

\o/

I guess this would be private tracker(s) and not public. Tell me If I can use VNC in this

Thanked by 1netomx
  • got 2 servers, both the smart info shown as some error :(

one server

root@sd-1:~# smartctl -H /dev/sda
    smartctl 5.41 2011-06-09 r3365 [x86_64-linux-3.2.0-4-amd64] (local build)
    Copyright (C) 2002-11 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
    SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED
    Please note the following marginal Attributes:
    ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED  WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE
    184 End-to-End_Error        0x0032   093   093   099    Old_age   Always   FAILING_NOW 7

another server

root@sd-2:~# smartctl -l error /dev/sda
    smartctl 5.41 2011-06-09 r3365 [x86_64-linux-3.2.0-4-amd64] (local build)
    Copyright (C) 2002-11 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
    SMART Error Log Version: 1
    ATA Error Count: 161 (device log contains only the most recent five errors)

• @cdejour said:
    9 Power_On_Hours 19737
    194 Temperature_Celsius 31

2 year and 3 months old for the hdd, no bad. Seagate server grade (24h running) hdd (!!!)
    bandwidth speed is very good on all my servers, more than 300Mbits both direction to EU and 180-200Mbits to US. Support is fast.

Can't believe it, too good to be true

how'd you check hdd age..?

• what is their procedure for windows, if you click install you pay for month? no cancell options?

• Look at all those thanks

Thanked by 1thehray
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@hotsnow said:
    got 2 servers, both the smart info shown as some error :(

Contact them about the errors, they normally replace failing drives

Thanked by 1hotsnow