Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVZ / KVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVZ / KVM

What would majority of clients prefer ??

OpenVZ -> low cost vps

or

KVM -> moderate cost vps

We were planning to get a node in Dallas, TX. Its a good deal we got on the node and are able to provide budget kvm 1 gb ram @ 5$ on Dual E5620 processors / could provide low cost shared openVZ containers but what would people prefer ??

Comments

• said: What would majority of clients prefer ??

Blondes. Or brunettes. With big boobs.

• @rds100 said:
    Blondes. Or brunettes. With big boobs.

Im being serious here no vague or irrational comments please.

• The majority of our clients will go for KVM/XEN (doesn't matter which) over OpenVZ any day of the week.

• 1gb KVM for $40/year will be great :-D

• @netrix said:
    1gb KVM for $40/year will be great :-D

I'll be in a loss that way :)

• @rds100 said:

Definitely brunettes.

Also, OpenVZ.

• so basically the majority would go to KVM when considering performance and OVZ when considering cost....

• Okay, I see your business plan is flawed a little bit. You shouldn't use LET to make your business decisions on what you want to offer. Its your business YOU make the DECISION. It can be whatever but as long your comfortable in YOUR CHOICE!

• @netrix said:
    1gb KVM for $40/year will be great :-D

Our plans are already much cheaper than that :).

@VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    I'll be in a loss that way :)

Thank your supplier is ripping you off.

• GoodHosting said: Thank your supplier is ripping you off.

Quality costs money, price is not everything. There is a difference between a sustainable business and a business that is just getting by.

• @Microlinux said:

My servers in 350 E. Cermak are profitable and sustainable given my offers.

• @aggressivenetworks said:
    Okay, I see your business plan is flawed a little bit. You shouldn't use LET to make your business decisions on what you want to offer. Its your business YOU make the DECISION. It can be whatever but as long your comfortable in YOUR CHOICE!

Thanks for the tip

• @GoodHosting said:
    Thank your supplier is ripping you off.

I have checked your website , you seem to be providing 1 gb ram @ $8.08 , im providing cheaper than you currently but you possess a heavy good will which will take time for me to earn

• @Microlinux said:
    Quality costs money, price is not everything. There is a difference between a sustainable business and a business that is just getting by.

Thanks for the support

• ManofActionManofAction Member
    edited August 2014

@VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    What would majority of clients prefer ??

OpenVZ -> low cost vps

You provide it for free? That's awesome! https://billing.vpsraid.com/cart.php?gid=2

• GoodHosting said: My servers in 350 E. Cermak are profitable and sustainable given my offers.

At $3.33/month for 1GB ($40/year), you would be making good levels of profit? You must be overselling quite a bit. You can't get a dedicated server with a proper RAID setup for less than $3.33/GB of RAM. The closest thing I have seen are these ridiculous $99/mo deals for an E3 with 32GB of RAM, but they usually charge $15-20/month for each additional hard drive, so it would cost near $150/month to get it ready for virtual servers. (RAID10). Unless you're doing a RAID1 SSD which I guess is possible to get a little cheaper but not by much if you're using larger SSDs.

• Blondes and KVM :)

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    I have checked your website , you seem to be providing 1 gb ram @ $8.08 , im providing cheaper than you currently but you possess a heavy good will which will take time for me to earn

Actually, some of our offers come as low as $3,33 per month (as has been stated further down from your post.) These are still profitable for us to run.

@vdnet said:

• Purchase hardware
    • Ship it to a datacenter
    • You're only now paying colocation, IPs, power, bandwidth.
    Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @GoodHosting said:

Where is it? I couldn't find any plans you offer that matches with your post.

• @netrix said:
    Where is it? I couldn't find any plans you offer that matches with your post.

Check your latest offer post, which is here:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/32009/2gb-kvm-7-mo-jingling-hitleap-optimized-vps-5-mo-2-locations-yearly-plans

We also do custom discounts. We're about to post again, with our new Chicago enterprise location and a completely different approach to the LowEnd market. No longer are we stuffed with "VPS" packages, but a real cloud offer.

• @GoodHosting

Well i'll surely try to save enough for purchasing hardware and then co-locating it but should first prosper right ? and good will is what i have to earn before earning money because unless people have faith in your services they wouldn't want to invest no matter how cheap they are

because unless people have faith in your services they wouldn't want to invest no matter how cheap they are

@GVH_Jon has proven otherwise on countless occasions actually. If your price is low enough, a complete lack of faith is enough.

• @GoodHosting said:
    We also do custom discounts. We're about to post again, with our new Chicago enterprise location and a completely different approach to the LowEnd market. No longer are we stuffed with "VPS" packages, but a real cloud offer.

that's $3.5/month. where is "much cheaper" part?

• @GoodHosting said:
    GVH_Jon has proven otherwise on countless occasions actually. If your price is low enough, a complete lack of faith is enough.

lol i wouldn't like to point out in particular but I believe in building reputation by providing standard services and then think about cost as of now im trying to do as much as i can ... although the name of the company itself isn't very assuring but doesn't hurt to try

• With your name, the first thing I think of is cluster-aware load balancing, which is a good thing. The question is, what does the average user think of first? Is some idiot going to think "You put VPSes in RAID10? Hurr durr?" ; that's the one thing that I've always been worried about when looking at a name.

@netrix said:
    that's $3.5/month. where is "much cheaper" part?

The requested plan above was $3.33/mo ($40/year) ; we have many customers on cheaper plans. As long as you either pre-pay, or pay with Bitcoin (as there is a much lower fee amount); then we're more than willing to do a custom plan for you. Normally over LiveChat, but that recently went tits up; so E-Mail or Ticket is the current means of communication.

• i like KVM.. I'll see if need more vps, I'll try from yours. seems like a straight up guy. :)

• @Accel said:
    i like KVM.. I'll see if need more vps, I'll try from yours. seems like a straight up guy. :)

I really appreciate your interest in our services

Basically i thought of it like we provide vps and customer prefers their data to be redundant , so RAID is a solution for redundancy and as such I though VPSRAID Solutions would give a good ring to it .

Basically i thought of it like we provide vps and customer prefers their data to be redundant , so RAID is a solution for redundancy and as such I though VPSRAID Solutions would give a good ring to it .

I'm glad you've thought out your namesake. I wish you the best of luck in your sales.

• @GoodHosting said:
    I'm glad you've thought out your namesake. I wish you the best of luck in your sales.

Thanks alot i really appreciate your critics and ofcourse your concern towards upcoming individuals.

Thanked by 1GoodHosting