Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam) - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam)

Comments

• Lol, please tell me where I can find the advanced control panel, like install custom OS, and stuff. ;(

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2014

@vladka24 said:
    Lol, please tell me where I can find the advanced control panel, like install custom OS, and stuff. ;(

It sounds like you're complaining about the $0.50 verification fee. Is that what you're asking? Because they charge a $0.50 verification fee.

(In case that doesn't translate over the internet, I'm mocking @odiaz)

odiaz said: but I see not value in responding to innuendo.

Or actual invoices printed from your website, apparently. I really enjoy circles.

• vladka24vladka24 Member
    edited December 2014

What. I want to find out where the advanced control panel is located.
    I'm not talking anything about money, I just want to find out where the gosh darn advanced control panel that is mentioned in their email:

(Just noticed your edit.)

@Jar said:
    It sounds like you're complaining about the $0.50 verification fee. Is that what you're asking? Because they charge a $0.50 verification fee.

Thanked by 1jar

vladka24 said: What. I want to find out where the advanced control panel is located. I'm not talking anything about money, I just want to find out where the gosh darn advanced control panel that is mentioned in their email:

Oh it's behind the $0.50 verification fee. Because they charge less than any other cloud provider. It's a great deal. Does that answer your question? (Still mocking @odiaz)

• more ridiculous is, because of their system's unstable issues, even under the case of the vps can't be created/can't reboot/ip issues, it still have the monthly usage fee, and you can't do anything, because if you send a ticket, it'll generate another sh*t "ticket fee", wtf

Thanked by 1jar
  • samczsunsamczsun Member
    edited December 2014

@odiaz

I jumped on this near the beginning, but after 3 days of trying to install an OS (didn't work), contacting support (no support given. copypasta from knowledgebase), and general frustration, I gave up and cancelled the service.

Hehe. What a joke. Service. More like take-my-money-and-ask-for-more.

No shit I'm not gonna pay the frigging late fee. Where's my late fee for not being to start the VPS? Where'd the volume come from if it can't even install properly?

I read the above and I think "well, at least you guys have it idling". There is absolutely no reason over here to be billed for "Volume" when the resources can't be allocated. Don't go blaming that on some "technical error".

Darn. I really wanted to get a server in Eur-

Also, you've gotta be shitting me.

Thanked by 3jar upfreak TarZZ92
  • vladka24vladka24 Member
    edited December 2014

Oh would you look at that.
    This is how they make money:

Step 1: Want to install a custom ISO? No problem open a ticket with us so we can 'provide instructions' to do so.

Step 2: Catch the bugger with a fee on the tickets.

Step 3: Profit??

Proofs:
    http://puu.sh/dn0pI/3fab009806.png

@odiaz Probably already knows this, and will ignore me. :(

Thanked by 2jar upfreak
  • upfreakupfreak Member
    edited December 2014

odiaz said: To me, it seems that the issue of complaining about the $0.50 verification fee, $5 technical support tickets, and minimal overage charges are quite trivial compared to the bigger picture.

1. 0.50 fee : nothing wrong if you clearly said it is monthly. You changed your mind several times within that month. read the thread for details.

2. $5 tickets : you are a fool if you close all communication channels and expect customers to pay you before they even have a chance to ask qns. Simply get away. We have better providers at all pricing ranges which exceed your fortascam ;)

3. minimal (ramdom) overage charges : Really? No one likes to pour water in a leaking bowl, especially when you dont understand why it is leaking.

4. quite trivial compared to the bigger picture : seriously.. do me a favour. Keep the bigger picture scammed on your wall ;) no one wants to see it ever ;)) You didnt/wont/cant fix trivial issues, so you never get a chance of speaking about bigger pictures.

5. More entertainment for the 0.55 paid? why not. You are asking for it anyway...

Thanked by 2hotsnow TarZZ92
  • odiazodiaz Member
    edited December 2014

Hi Vladka-

The Advanced Control Panel is available to the Private Cloud Product, and there is a link in the control panel, which will provide you with credentials.

Also, not ignoring you, and yes we make a profit by charging an amazing price to many many customers :)

Thanks!

I don't even. Just. Urrgh.
    Why? Could you just add an OS?

@odiaz said:
    Hi Vladka-

The Advanced Control Panel is available to the Private Cloud Product, and there is a link in the control panel, which will provide you with credentials.

Thanks!

• @odiaz

Many of us contacted your sorry excuse of support in which they CONFIRMED IT WAS A 50 CENT ONE!! TIME!!!! FEE!!!!!

Then fortascam changed it to monthly without notice, then added bull shit taxes.

Sorry, no other company I know of charges $0.50 for verification EVERY month, not even free vps providers do that......

You can't change everything and expect people to pay for shit that did not even work.

Pfft $5 for a support ticket which is a copy and paste response, you guys are so full of shit.

and how dare you say I complain about a $11 bill, how many others have you scammed? you guys are shit and I hope you all got out of business.

There was no TOS of saying extras fees at sign up, so we do not legally have to pay for your scammy shitty service.

• @odiaz i have added a comment on your profile. Will be helpful if you decide to shamelessly make a offer thread in the future ;)

• Touche!

• O8amaO8ama Member
    edited December 2014

that's a joke. the VPS can never be installed or booted. And it's not free at all! Just another name to charge but no responsibility as it's named "free"

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

And @odiaz never replied to @Jar questions haha

Thanked by 4jar Amitz ucxo Mark_R
  • @netomx said:
    And odiaz never replied to Jar questions haha

He's avoiding addressing the "volume" charge completely and it makes him look super weaselly. FortaTrust woulda looked better if he didn't reply here at all.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @odiaz is probably a Jr. Support rep who got a 'promotion' to like.. 'community manager' or some other BS title. Was told to run out into the world and spread the good word, right some wrongs, etc.

What I think his/her boss didn't make clear is that the company is a huge fucking scam, with non-existent business ethics. So the only thing @odiaz can do when bombarded is skip the important questions and just repeat the same BS they got in training.

Thanked by 2hotsnow Mark_R
  • Even CVPS/GVH (CC) is better imo ...

• Jar said: Here's an invoice for my idle VPS billed for "Volume" whatever that even is.

This is the most ridiculous invoice I have seen: in which universe that 72.77049 Hour is a time unit? The invoice is just totally BS.

I also remembered the service only support 10M bandwidth when it is introduced. It now bumps to 100M, purely for the sake of phishing.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited December 2014

Jar said: Here's an invoice for my idle VPS billed for "Volume" whatever that even is.

i see a "Paypal Payment Fee"

is that not breaking paypal rules aswell? this company should never be trusted

Thanked by 2vladka24 netomx
  • Wait so did I get this right

1. "free VPS offer" that costs 50c a month (+tax)
    2. there are "overage charges" for unknown overages (even if you do not use your VPS)
    3. a support ticket costs $5
    4. support does not care to help the customer, all they want is money
    5. 3 months later, one guy from that company bumps the thread, pretending that it is all better now
    6. the guy acts like a child and simply ignores inconvenient questions
    7. if you do not pay their scam fees, you will be added to a public blacklist (which blacklist?)

WTF??
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

• @4n0nx said:
    Wait so did I get this right

1. "free VPS offer" that costs 50c a month (+tax)
    2. there are "overage charges" for unknown overages (even if you do not use your VPS)
    3. a support ticket costs $5
    4. support does not care to help the customer, all they want is money
    5. 3 months later, one guy from that company bumps the thread, pretending that it is all better now
    6. the guy acts like a child and simply ignores inconvenient questions
    7. if you do not pay their scam fees, you will be added to a public blacklist (which blacklist?)

WTF??
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are in sync.. ;)

Thanked by 24n0nx netomx
  • odiazodiaz Member
    edited December 2014

Good morning.

I thought I had addressed all, but will try again.

1. Our overage charges occur when customers exceed the allotment they sign up for. For instance, there was a user who posted a purported invoice here with these charges. We measure resource usage hourly which is inserted into a database. The user here maintained he was not using the VM; however to be clear, if the VM is running, and running applications configured by the user, the VM is using resources. If this is an actual invoice, for sure the overages are at the higher end. As I have said before, 90% of our customers do not exceed their allotment, and if they do the overage charges are nominal, as in the case of the customer that incurred the $9 in overage.

2. The $0.50 verification fee was explained in detail previously.

3. A technical support ticket is $5 to open. We do care, and if all we wanted was money, I can assure you the price would be higher than $5.

I am happy to politely address any concerns, but again, there is simply no value in delving areas that clearly provide no value to anyone. I posted here as we have had thousands of customers referred from this site, and they deserve for us to clarify legitimate concerns. And, yes, this is an initiative to reach out to numerous online communities in an effort to better our service.

Again, please keep all the feedback coming.

• You have some kind of weird dyslexia. Don't you?

Because you can read some posts, but fail to address jar concerns. You must seek treatment.

Thanked by 5jar Amitz netomx ucxo Mark_R
    edited December 2014

odiaz said: Our overage charges occur when customers exceed the allotment

Which one did I exceed? There's a line for bandwidth. It has $0.00 on it. Did I exceed 72 hours of RAM? Feel free to explain :)

• Hi Jar-

I cannot comment on specific details of customer records in a public forum, but in relation to the volume charges, these occur for the amount of time your instance exceeds your volume allotment.

While nominal, they can easily be avoided by subscribing to additional resources, which will make these charges even less. And, just as a reminder, instances are using resources as long the vm is running, obviously depending on what is running as well.

Thanks!

• odiaz said: I cannot comment on specific details of customer records in a public forum.

I'm pretty sure you can when the customer has asked you to do so.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • Hi Nekki-

We really are not permitted, nor do I think it is appropriate to discuss specific customer records publicly.

That being said, I did attempt to address the issue raised. Hopefully, it provided some visibility into this area.

Thanks!

• odiaz said: We really are not permitted, nor do I think it is appropriate to discuss specific customer records publicly.

PM him them, @jar can then share with us if he wishes to do so, leaving you absolved of all guilt.

Thanked by 3jar Amitz ucxo
  • odiaz said: in relation to the volume charges, these occur for the amount of time your instance exceeds your volume allotment.

the mysterious "Volume" which no one knows what it is all about. but talk "volumes" about it.

What is a volume? Disk space / bandwidth / ram / CPU.

Thanks for the entertainment. keep them coming.

odiaz said: it provided some visibility into this area.

No, not until now.

Thanked by 1netomx