Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apple's new MacBook Pro - Views? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Apple's new MacBook Pro - Views?

124»

Comments

• @dmmcintyre3 said: I won't buy a desktop or laptop without an ethernet port.

They have an adapter.

• BrandonBrandon Member
    edited June 2012

@William said: While Apple... is Apple, with a few 1000 employees.

Yet they are the most valuable company in the world. Apple has over 100,000 employees...

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited June 2012

@Brandon said: They have an adapter.

Which would break easily, especially if it has a cable hanging off of it.

@dmmcintyre3 said: I break 1-2 flash drives (bend/break the plug) on laptops a year and I don't use flash drives anywhere near as often as I use ethernet.

• @Brandon said: Yet they are the most valuable company in the world. Apple has over 100,000 employees...

No, Apple has around 25k direct employees and around 40k external by fully owned subcompanies - Samsung has 350k direct and another 200k in subcompanies + 100k in production which are total 650k

• BrandonBrandon Member
    edited June 2012

Are your sources a few years old?

http://www.good.is/post/why-does-apple-want-you-to-know-how-many-employees-it-has/

"There are 47,000 people working directly for Apple in the U.S."

"the company says it has some 33,000 employees worldwide"

"supports 257,000 jobs at other companies"

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2012

(wrong thread)

• nabonabo Member

@Brandon said: They have an adapter.

Apple's ecosystem is based on adapters. I'm using Apple hardware since the 90ies. I have a whole big box of adapters from the Newton Pad, to the Apple beiges, to the G3s and the iMacs, the iBooks, the Macbooks etc. Of course they're all useless now. I have adapters for the whole line of iPods. I guess I could open a museum of Apple adapters one day.

And the soon to come OS X and the new product line will lead me to not buy an Apple product anymore. Not because I dislike Apple. But simply because I don't want to carry a load of adapters every time I go somewhere. And because I get my stuff done on amuch cheaper x86-compatible device with Windows/Linux.

• @nabo said: But simply because I don't want to carry a load of adapters every time I go somewhere. And because I get my stuff done on amuch cheaper x86-compatible device with Windows/Linux.

You can also install OSX on it with a few hacks, IIRC this has been ruled as legal in the EU since it does not modify substantial parts and the drivers etc. do not violate any copyright.

• nabonabo Member
    edited June 2012

@William said: You can also install OSX on it with a few hacks, IIRC this has been ruled as legal in the EU since it does not modify substantial parts and the drivers etc. do not violate any copyright.

Whereas I like OS X for iPhoto and Apple for the beauty of the devices I have software that needs Windows. And I actually like Windows, so it's not a big deal. If I would have something like iPhoto on Windows I would be happy. I must say that I find the Windows GUI a bit more handy. It is "snappier" or more active. OS X always feels a bit slow or space-wasting. But maybe that's just my problem as I'm also a big fan of Fluxbox WM on Linux.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@nabo said: But simply because I don't want to carry a load of adapters every time I go somewhere

and new adapters with a new line of laptops =P