Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramnode new prices - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramnode new prices

124»

Comments

• @Nick_A Will current clients get disk increase?

• fiendfiend Member

@Nick_A - Humm i see, still are backups down already? or when is the time frame to shutdown the backups?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

IMO, the best scenario would be to take backups for who needs them at an extra cost, because it is not fair to ask those money from people who dont need them AND waste resources in the process. Who cannot manage a backup, should pay a premium.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Add a bit more ram for the prices will be awesome

• fiendfiend Member

no prob with that @Maounique ... even though backups are an added security for the user and for the host, (ie like when ramnode had that fail, not too sure if they would bounce back as well if they didn't have backups), even if im in the camp of "EVERYONE NEEDS BACKUPS!!!!" :P , my point is just that when i paid, it was part of the service, so taking it down (not too sure if its down already or not) or asking me to pay extra for it (although i might, depends on the price) is a bit... you know...

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • alexhalexh Member

@globalRegisters said:
    Seriously, anyone with an old plan that is expecting a price reduction is either a cheap skate or someone with no idea of how a business works.

This is bigoted and offensive. Trying to save money doesn't make you frugal or unintelligent, it's something everybody should strive to do.

Thanked by 2darkshire hostnoob
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

fiend said: my point is just that when i paid, it was part of the service, so taking it down (not too sure if its down already or not) or asking me to pay extra for it (although i might, depends on the price) is a bit... you know...

That is actually a fair point.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yes, but if the prices were cut, then, yeah...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • fiendfiend Member

yep :) @Maounique , lets see...

• NdhaNdha Member
    edited July 2014

@jcaleb said:
    Add a bit more ram for the prices will be awesome

I'm waiting for this too if possible :)
    and waiting for upgrade Space on my VM's too.. ;)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Backups are still running like normal at the moment. We have not sent out a mass email yet since we are still working on a few details. They will continue to run at least until that email goes out.

Thanked by 1Ndha

Oh and we will be upgrading space for existing CVZ/CKVM/SKVM. We may not be able to do some of them automatically, but we are working on it.

• fiendfiend Member

good to know, thanks @Nick_A :)

Alright, I've been thinking it over for the last few days. We'll probably keep taking backups of client data like normal for now. We will likely change the system in the future to be a more customized, add-on option instead of the standard SolusVM backup system we use now.

Thanked by 1black
  • @Nick_A said:
    Alright, I've been thinking it over for the last few days. We'll probably keep taking backups of client data like normal for now. We will likely change the system in the future to be a more customized, add-on option instead of the standard SolusVM backup system we use now.

I'm waiting on your custom vps panel =)

• J1021J1021 Member

Nick_A said: Alright, I've been thinking it over for the last few days. We'll probably keep taking backups of client data like normal for now. We will likely change the system in the future to be a more customized, add-on option instead of the standard SolusVM backup system we use now.

Did you do any research before rolling out these changes?

• yywudiyywudi Member

@Nick_A said:
    Oh and we will be upgrading space for existing CVZ/CKVM/SKVM. We may not be able to do some of them automatically, but we are working on it.

Good news and thanks for your clarify.

@kcaj said:
    Did you do any research before rolling out these changes?

Yep.

• @Nick_A so how do we upgrade to 80G from 50G, pay balance?

• bdtechbdtech Member

Are backups on-site or off-site? Incremental? Encrypted during transit and at rest?

• J1021J1021 Member

Nick_A said: Yep.

What did research show in terms of customer demand for this backup system?

• blackblack Member

The research is going to be useless imo. Everyone is going to want backups for free.

• Ramnode is a quality VPS low end or not, don't be so fixated on 'backups', 'backup research' or 'demands to backup trends', it's a VPS provider, it's not designed for it to be your parachute if something goes haywire, its for you to learn/host contents, etc. It's your responsibility to make backups and manage your servers, if you care so much about the silly things that do not make up what a VPS service is then look for managed VPS companies, as for Ramnode, it's the best provider I've ever seen for VPS, not one complaint other than not having more extra money to buy more ^.^

• epaslvepaslv Member

Is there the possibility to upgrade/change from existing OpenVZ SSD-Cached plans to to OpenVZ SSD, and not lose the original IP's?

• epaslvepaslv Member

Just for the purpose of clarification what are the VSwap details for each plan?

• CSharpCSharp Member

@epaslv said:
    Just for the purpose of clarification what are the VSwap details for each plan?

Support told me everything under 2GB is half of the RAM in VSwap, so a 128MB VPS has 64MB vSWAP.

• I like the backups how they are. Once a month is fine for my needs.

Also at present my vps's have equal amounts of ram and vswap (128-128, 512-512, etc).

• epaslvepaslv Member

@Spenzert said:
    Support told me everything under 2GB is half of the RAM in VSwap, so a 128MB VPS has 64MB vSWAP.

Just asking because one of our VPS which had 2GB RAM and 2GB Swap now has 512MB Swap.

We have changed VSwap for new orders/plan changes only. No existing VPSs were changed.

• epaslvepaslv Member

Nick_A said: We have changed VSwap for new orders/plan changes only. No existing VPSs were changed.

Hi Nick, yes we upgraded, so that would explain it.

Not a major issue, its just that I was unaware this would change, and I can't find anything on the plans that states the values (unless i missed it).