Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramnode new prices - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramnode new prices

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

For me this all good, what I see is ramnode growing, developing and making distinctions towards different customer bases.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Nick_A said: Right there's just no way to tell from the poll is 54% are just disappointed or if they're just waiting to hear more, or what the mix is.

To be honest Nick, I can tell you what well over half the the forum is thinking now. They wanted SD-cached specs, but with SSD's starting from $10 a year, so they're gutted.

• Nekki said: They wanted SD-cached specs, but with SSD's starting from $10 a year, so they're gutted.

They also thrive on the excitement of the chase, and taking away coupons/special offers kills that excitement :)

Thanked by 2Lee linuxthefish
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@sleddog said:
    They also thrive on the excitement of the chase, and taking away coupons/special offers kills that excitement :)

True dat. Could having permanently lower prices and better specs be the death of Ramnode?

• blackblack Member

Nekki said: Could having permanently lower prices and better specs be the death of Ramnode?

If it is I don't want to live on this planet anymore.jpg

• @Nekki said:
    True dat. Could having permanently lower prices and better specs be the death of Ramnode?

Obviously. Who would want an awesome VPS that is dirt cheap without having to punch in a coupon?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @Nekki said:

I don't think so at all. @Nick_A knows how to run a business with a viable business model. That and having some of the best service, network and overall stability of their systems have given RamNode a great reputation. If anything, this will drive in even more sales.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

ShadowPhase said: I don't think

so at all.

Congrats on failing at humour detection.

• @Nekki said:

I like to think Ramnode has a bigger customer base than the misers of LET.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@sleddog said:

In all seriousness, that is something I considered. Our promotions were always good for a boost in demand and excitement. However, I think it will better serve more clients if we just stick with flat rate deals. Perhaps we'll throw in some credit promos or something, but we're holding off on recurring coupons for the foreseeable future. The new plans we are trying to offer soon should be a solid replacement for the thrill of coupon hunting :)

• sc754sc754 Member

@Nick_A said:

Not even an introductory coupon?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @sc754 said:

+1

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2014

I think this will be the end of RamNode and I expect to see the service and support quality take a huge nose dive from this.

I never said I said I was good at making jokes.

Honestly, it may increase my tendency to land on RamNode when I need to spin up another VM, which happens often.

Thanked by 20xdragon wcypierre
  • LeeLee Veteran

@Jar said:
    I think this will be the end of RamNode and I expect to see the service and support quality take a huge nose dive from this.

I never said I said I was good at making jokes.

Well, it could well be the end of them on LET, the potential client base here as you know is driven by deals and coupons over quality, the popularity of gvh and others proves that

• edited July 2014

Seriously, anyone with an old plan that is expecting a price reduction is either a cheap skate or someone with no idea of how a business works.

RamNode's value is through the roof, even with the old plans.

Stop complaining and enjoy the best value in VPSs...bar none.

Edit: I wish RamNode would have gone the other way...offer a new line of higher end VPSs.

• I think the price has not changed much, after all, coupons have always been available - 33%, 35% and even more, for anyone not too lazy to look for them.

• @sc754 said:

How about introduce a setup fee then release a coupon code to waive it?

• @sc754 said:

Thanked by 2Steve81 netomx
  • petrispetris Member

@Microlinux said:

I want one that's only redeemable on Tuesday's. That way I have all day Monday to prepare.

• khavkhav Member

Nick_A said: should be a solid replacement for the thrill of coupon hunting :)

That's what we love doing Nick :)

• @Nick_A I'm running your OpenVZ SSD VPS but I really want to have a tiny KVM SSD VPS because I want to run some softwares like elasticsearch but they have some issue to access system kernel in OpenVZ VPS...

@MichaelBui - feel free to open an accounts/sales ticket for that. We'll see what we can do for you.

• Why would it be worth getting an SSD VPS instead of SSD cached?

They have the same specs, but I assume the SSD VPS has better IO (the 80GB SSD cached VPS has 350MB/s+ already)

What kind of apps (if any) would take advantage of the better speeds on the 128MB plan?

• Database applications take great performance advantage from SSD (iops are more important than raw transfer speed)

Thanked by 1hostnoob

@hostnoob - our SSD options are typically a little more responsive, although that's not always true. Some SSD-cached outperforms SSD stuff on any given day. Really it comes down to how much space you think you need.

• I like their new plans very good specs also pricing is also very good.But coupon codes have some psychological affect on me when choosing host i can say it makes my brain to feel better that you have done the right thing.

• I don't see anything wrong with the new prices and stuff, coupons don't define whether or not I buy from a company.

• fiendfiend Member

im a ramnode client (3 vps), im ok with the prices and changes, just not so ok with the removal of the backups, nowadays i only buy from providers that provide backups, i do my own, but me recovering from a failure can take a couple of days (free time, setup, moving everything back), while a node backup can short it to a couple of hours, so i kinda feel like i paid for something and half way through it im getting something else, besides that, nothing but good things from ramnode (always vote for you guys on the pool).

• @Nick_A said:
    hostnoob - our SSD options are typically a little more responsive, although that's not always true. Some SSD-cached outperforms SSD stuff on any given day. Really it comes down to how much space you think you need.

Well, 10GB would do but since the performance is so good on my 80GB box it kinda makes sense to get the 80GB anyway, but then it feels like a waste.

Will you be expanding to any other European locations at all?

@fiend - We are planning to offer backups again down the road when they work best on both ends. We are hoping to be able to offer a more flexible, customized solution in that area. I should have been more clear up front, but I had a lot of things going on at once.

@hostnoob - No further EU expansion planned.

Thanked by 1hostnoob