Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramnode new prices - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramnode new prices

Comments

• n1kkon1kko Member

Wish ramnode had UK locations

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@rm_ said:
    "KVM SSD" up to 40% more expensive specs-for-specs than Linode; such premium, wow. Head still firmly in the ass about being competitive or anything like that. Also the 512MB one is more expensive and has worse specs than DO/Vultr.

I'm not sure why you get off on being so antagonistic but if you were paying attention, you'd notice this little line from the News post: "On an unrelated note, we are going to be offering completely new SSD plans in the not too distant future. Keep your eyes open for more news soon!"

The existing SKVM lineup regularly outperforms DO, Linode, Vultr, etc. in terms of CPU and I/O. That said, we realize there is demand for a lower performing, cheaper KVM in our lineup, and we are actively working to fill that gap. We can't simply chop off prices on these existing nodes given how much money we put into each one. We are building a new lineup which should be ready within a couple weeks at most.

Regarding backups, we will likely offer more granular backup options by the end of the year with our new in-house system.

Thanked by 38420PR Steve81 erichi
  • hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited July 2014

80GB of storage for $15/yr :O

Looks like I'm about to see what the Ramnode hype is all about :)

Can it actually be used for storage though, all 80GB?

• @Nick_A, this is a good look. I look forward to seeing what you do with your KVM offerings. You all haven't let me down, yet. So, I am anticipating good things from you.

@hostnoob said:
    Can it actually be used for storage though, all 80GB?

Of course.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • Looks like I'm migrating most of my lebs over the next few weeks.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Love the new pricing! :)

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited July 2014

@rm_ said:
    "KVM SSD" up to 40% more expensive specs-for-specs than Linode; such premium, wow. Head still firmly in the ass about being competitive or anything like that. Also the 512MB one is more expensive and has worse specs than DO/Vultr.

God forbid anyone would choose to do business with a company because there is more than price and paper specs to consider. That's just stupid nonsense for doo-doo heads!

I for one applaud this, I'm lazy and no longer need to type in coupon codes.

Thanked by 1george
  • at 15/y for 80gb, I might look at this for backups.

• No more backups sounds like a real shame, though I have to admit I've not yet had to use that functionality at RamNode.

• mpkossen said: No more backups sounds like a real shame, though I have to admit I've not yet had to use that functionality at RamNode.

That's a good decision for them. They can offer payed backups as well. So, only the ones, who need backups will order them :)

• georgegeorge Member
    edited July 2014

I can't see the KVM offers through their site (looks like an SSL issue) - @Nick_A.

• alexhalexh Member

Microlinux said: God forbid anyone would choose to do business with a company because there is more than price and paper specs to consider. That's just stupid nonsense for doo-doo heads!

Linode's network remains extremely competitive though. 32ms from Fremont (CA) to southwestern BC, Canada is unbelievable. That said, RamNode is my go-to host as Seattle is only 12ms or so away, and uptime is the same. Looking forward to seeing some new plans!

@Profforg said:
    That's a good decision for them. They can offer payed backups as well. So, only the ones, who need backups will order them :)

Right that's the idea for our new system.

Thanked by 1netomx

@george said:
    I can't see the KVM offers through their site (looks like an SSL issue) - Nick_A.

FireFox perhaps? Feel free to email me a screenshot.

• akbakb Member

Will you be upgrading the disk for existing users?

• CakeyCakey Member

@akb said:
    Will you be upgrading the disk for existing users?

"Ramnode has asked existing user not to open any ticket at this time for price reduction or space increase."

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Profforg said:

Of course it is. But in my experience the majority doesn't make backups and in the end, this will not benefit anyone.

• mpkossen said: But in my experience the majority doesn't make backups and in the end, this will not benefit anyone.

Check with Darwin, it benefits the world in general.

Thanked by 2Maounique FrankZ
  • There is a new poll at the top.

That 3rd option is a bit loaded. Why not split those up for clarity's sake?

• CakeyCakey Member

@Nick_A said:

I will still miss those cute coupons, loved those things.

• @Nick_A said:

Sorry if it seems loaded and it certainly was not aimed to offend. In my defense, I was just going with positive/don't care/negative in the most polite way I can think of. Perhaps there should have been another option: "I reserve my judgement pending what Nick will do for existing customers". However, the feeling of disappointment and willingness to wait/listen are not mutually exclusive in my mind.

Right there's just no way to tell from the poll is 54% are just disappointed or if they're just waiting to hear more, or what the mix is.

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • blackblack Member

@Nick_A said:
    Right there's just no way to tell from the poll is 54% are just disappointed or if they're just waiting to hear more, or what the mix is.

This forum is 80% trolls so you should weigh that in as well.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited July 2014

@Microlinux said:
    Check with Darwin, it benefits the world in general.

This community has proven him wrong more than once.

• @Nick_A said:

I hear you, I would change it if I could but I don't think the poll is editable once there are entries. And I am using 'but' wrong.

• @Nick_A said:

I wouldn't take notice of that. I really doubt only me and one other person were convinced to sign up for an 80GB VPS at $15/yr!

Thanked by 1netomx

@Caveman122 said:

It's ok, I appreciate you taking interest in RamNode to begin with. :)

Thanked by 1Caveman122