Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sick of unreliable VPS hosts, beware of these - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sick of unreliable VPS hosts, beware of these

124»

Comments

• I just listed the ones I've dealt with, I think beastvm was an example of people here putting me off signing up with them.

• ironhideironhide Member
    edited July 2014

Floris said: Here, this is why we have so much deadpools these days, people have great idea's, great hardware, great service and almost no-one is willing to try them, it really is a shame.

No, that's not the reason why some recent companies got dead-pooled. It happened because of their dead-wife-drama (tactical vps) and lack of foresight (virtovo) and having cheating-tendency in the blood (some obvious others, if you notice carefully)

:)

• reffreff Member

Electricbyte still down, ticket two weeks old...

• I received an email from Electricbyte today so at least they're aware and admitting awareness. Still, 2 weeks+ for me puts them in the "inadequate" category.

• Been having a few issues with Rack.sx as well. Two of my servers from them have been down for more than 12 days.

• reffreff Member

Electricbyte still down since June 26....

• MaTMaT Member

Thanks for the list

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited July 2014

Just looking through my list of paypal subscriptions, 'lo and behold most of the "dodgy" hosts push a subscription on you. I tend to pay yearly or at least manually but it seems my subscription list has many of the usual suspects.

TBF it always seemed dodgy to be pushed a subscription (or at the least, a poor tactic).

I imagine part of the problem of these fly-by hosts is people don't cancel their subscription, so they keep popping back onto the radar and doing the same trick.

• @ricardo I'm experiencing the same exact thing, doesn't help that PayPal's interface sucks--you can't even search through your subscriptions.

• yep their UI there is a bit of an afterthought. The simplest is just to filter to "active" ones which are sorted by date.

• reffreff Member

Electricbyte still down (since 6/26 now 7/21)