Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who can colo raspery pi ? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who can colo raspery pi ?

13»

Comments

• @cncking2000 - just zero traction. No point selling 20 RPIs or even 100, its too much work to have to train up people to manage it given the (lack of) revenue coming from it.

To make it interesting we'd need to be selling 400-500 units, there is not enough demand to generate that.

In Europe its a different story, but our problem here is that the real estate cost is too high and our internal demand on that space is higher. One rack of 400 RPIs @ $5/month = $2,000. Its not worth the rackspace, we can fill that rack with larger systems and get $20k/month out of it.

• @lhobas said:
    When I stumbled upon Kryutek today, I noticed they also offer Pi colocation, no personal experience though.

A fair warning though, I hosted a Raspberry with them for a few days and basically had from day one network issues. The moment there was more "load" on the network than simple SSH the Raspberry lost its network connection (even with a simply apt-get) and had to be rebooted.

I couldnt tell what the actual reason was, but certain clues I found in regards to the produced error messages pointed towards a faulty power supply. Kryutek claimed there was no issue and usually I wouldnt have ruled out a hardware issue with the Raspberry, however it never even remotely showed a similar behaviour when it was my under control (be it before shipping or after receiving it back), so in this case I'd be tempted to rule out a hardware issue and rather suspect the power supply of Kryutek.

Even though the Raspberry was hosted by them only for a few days they did not offer a refund for the prepaid yearly plan.