Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH MID-JUNE: $0.42/m OFFERS! PURE SSD! [US/EU] MEGA HIGH STORAGE. HUGE BANDWIDTH. IPv4 EVERYWHERE! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH MID-JUNE: $0.42/m OFFERS! PURE SSD! [US/EU] MEGA HIGH STORAGE. HUGE BANDWIDTH. IPv4 EVERYWHERE!

Comments

• Thanked by 1comXyz
  • berkayberkay Member

Asking again, test IPs?

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@GreenValueHost hope you will have low-end windows VPS soon

• FredQcFredQc Member

Yeah, found out myself that the CPU speed was throttled...

System Benchmarks Index Score 783.9

Haha and i'm not even mad for real, that was just so predictable :P

• The worst host ever! They suspended every VPS for no reason, without any warning/ticket/email. And the worst part is that they don't even respond to user tickets

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2014

@Sherlock said:
    The worst host ever! They suspended every VPS for no reason, without any warning/ticket/email. And the worst part is that they don't even respond to user tickets

If you were suspended then you were suspended because you either violated our acceptable use policies or you're overdue on payment. Our abuse department is not 24x7.

Messaging me on this board and replying to our threads rushing us to take a look at it isn't going to do anything at all, if anything, your resolution time would be delayed as a result.

@introducial Please submit a ticket for that.

• peterVpeterV Member

My 2nd order is pending :(

• henkbhenkb Member

I have a vps in NL with GVH since they started there, and it is great. Maybe the support could be a bit faster in european office hours, but overall no complains from me.

When reading these threads, it almost looks like people are talking about a different company.

• sundaymousesundaymouse Member
    edited June 2014

So for 24 threads on 200MHz, you end up with < 4.8 GHz (considering half of it being hyper threading).

• FredQcFredQc Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    No we're actually not throttling. I'll have it looked at soon.

Ticket answer:

Looks like the CPU's low power mode was kicking in. When there is heavy CPU usage needed, it will clock up automatically. So you should not notice any performance issues.

Kind Regards,
    Senior Systems Administrator

To be honest, I tested the CPU using UnixBench and never seen the clock speed changes over time... It's always fixed at 200Mhz

Fred

• krs360krs360 Member

@GreenValueHost Do you deal with provisioning?

• Yes I am in charge of provisioning however I'm really backed up right now with support tickets. I'll get to provisioning orders as soon as I am done with our queue.

• FredQcFredQc Member

So I've been doing some test using this command line:

for i in 1 ; do while : ; do : ; done & done

That will stress one cpu - in this particular case this is cpu6 - at 100% until I stop it

The max I can get is 333.5 Mhz

Support team @ GVH try to convince me that it's Intel Speedstep shit feature but I don't believe this. Minimum speed of 200 Mhz and max speed of 333 Mhz is impossible...

What do you have to say Jon on this ? I want to ear you !

Numbers are lying here...

Fred

Thanked by 1ehab
  • order pending

• ZealZeal Member

Not sure if 200 Mhz is a joke or real.
    Is not satisfied with CPU reasonable refund request?

• Might be that other people on the node are also using/stressing the CPU and only 200-300mhz could be allotted to you at that moment. Maybe..

• YOUR LA3 NODE IS DOWN FOR LONGTIME

• ehabehab Member

can you please tell what was the app you used to show those indicators, just tried htop but cant see in setup? thanks

@FredQc said:
    So I've been doing some test using this command line:

for i in 1 ; do while : ; do : ; done & done

That will stress one cpu - in this particular case this is cpu6 - at 100% until I stop it

The max I can get is 333.5 Mhz

Support team @ GVH try to convince me that it's Intel Speedstep shit feature but I don't believe this. Minimum speed of 200 Mhz and max speed of 333 Mhz is impossible...

What do you have to say Jon on this ? I want to ear you !

Numbers are lying here...

Fred

• Jon, can I get a handwritten love-letter too?

Also, why didn't you write the test IP out and post it in a photo? Troll fail...

• @AThomasHowe said
    Jon, can I get a handwritten love-letter too?

Also, why didn't you write the test IP out and post it in a photo? Troll fail...

I'm trying not to get DDoSed here so if you want test IPs please ticket in

I will have the CPU frequency issue looked into further today.

• netguynetguy Member

Too good to be true. I don't trust them.

• @GreenValueHost when are you going to provision orders?

• just got mine

• FredQcFredQc Member

@ehab said:
    can you please tell what was the app you used to show those indicators, just tried htop but cant see in setup? thanks

This is a collage I have done with htop and cat /proc/cpuinfo

• ehabehab Member

aahhhh ... i c , thanks.

@FredQc said:
    This is a collage I have done with htop and cat /proc/cpuinfo

Thanked by 1m0dg0d
  • FredQcFredQc Member

... and the issue was fixed last night.

Base speed is now 1,2Ghz max 2,00Ghz This makes more sens...

Thanks to (I think ?) Steve Wilson for resolving this.

Fred

• cassacassa Member

@MorningIris said:
    GreenValueHost when are you going to provision orders?

@enitan092 said:
    just got mine

They told me they're waiting for a new node

• Anybody here get the 13 IP's?

• I personally provisioned a handful of mid-day 2 specials and we're actually in need of more IPs on our SSD nodes. Waiting on more IPs at the moment.

• FredQcFredQc Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    I personally provisioned a handful of mid-day 2 specials and we're actually in need of more IPs on our SSD nodes. Waiting on more IPs at the moment.

How many VPS count on the CHICAGOSSD node ?