Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH MID-JUNE: $0.42/m OFFERS! PURE SSD! [US/EU] MEGA HIGH STORAGE. HUGE BANDWIDTH. IPv4 EVERYWHERE! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH MID-JUNE: $0.42/m OFFERS! PURE SSD! [US/EU] MEGA HIGH STORAGE. HUGE BANDWIDTH. IPv4 EVERYWHERE!

Comments

• @VPN said:
    Couldn't resist, curiosity got the better of me and just ordered one of the 24 core specials lol.

Here goes your personal information.

• LeeLee Veteran

GreenValueHost said: We do not recognize RamNode

I am sure RamNode are more thankful than you can possibly imagine.

• mokafumokafu Member

Is IPv6 availabe in all locations ?
    What's the price of additionnal IPs ?

• wojonswojons Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    drserver - We do not recognize RamNode as a budget company nor as a competitor in the small section of the market segment (within the "lowend" sector) that we're catering to.

if you are a member of a community for example this message board. and the community has voted who the best is and you did not even rank its hard for you to then public in that community say your number 1. For all the times you have called people out for saying slander you have said slander of your own.

• Rob92Rob92 Member

@VPN said:
    Couldn't resist, curiosity got the better of me and just ordered one of the 24 core specials lol.

Hey, if you get the time, would you mind posting a benchmark of the plan? I am wondering what performance is really like on it. Thanks!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@GreenValueHost said:
    drserver - We do not recognize RamNode as a budget company nor as a competitor in the small section of the market segment (within the "lowend" sector) that we're catering to.

But Jon, and I must take issue with you here, you've said yourself you don't do 'premium', you do quantity over quality.

Thanked by 2darkshire Mark_R
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

GreenValueHost said: @drserver - We do not recognize RamNode as a budget company nor as a competitor in the small section of the market segment (within the "lowend" sector) that we're catering to.

Please if you don't mind, share with us any reference which can lead to conclusion that you are "The web hosting industry's #1 budget premium hosting provider"

• Jon, you ignore me because i am a idiot bumping a ticket 10 times?

• blackblack Member

@drserver said:
    Please if you don't mind, share with us any reference which can lead to conclusion that you are "The web hosting industry's #1 budget premium hosting provider"

Because, this. image

Thanked by 2darkshire MarkTurner
  • I'm crapping my pants knowing you're giving 13 IP's per VPS. Jesus, and yet we're dealing with an IP shortage...

• VPNVPN Member

Well, understandably I'm still waiting for the VPS to activate (shows pending in WHMCS) however I got an email saying it was setup. No IP address, no Solus username lol.

I'll give it a few hours and open a ticket with em.

Thanked by 1cassa
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2014

I think if you are ill informed enough to buy from GVH, you should have to allow the community to line up and kick you in the balls before you're allow to open a thread about how:

1. They don't answer tickets.
    2. They don't deliver a service.
    3. Technical support provides unhelpful answers.
    4. Your service with them is horrible (slow dd results, network speed, iowait, etc).

Cheers!

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • None of the above is applicable?

• WorldWorld Veteran

said: Mid-June Special-1: LET EXCLUSIVE

No in EU?

• "We are one of LowEndTalk's most popular hosting providers"

this made my LOL so badly.
    you've got quite an imagination there johnny-boy

• FredQcFredQc Member

Humm... 24 cores sold out ? Don't seems to work here.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

OVZ...I'd rather like KVM

• Interested in getting one to see what the fuss is all about. What's the difference between fair share CPU and ones that are not listed as fair share?

• Ordered me one of them 13 IP specials. Waiting on what seems to be disappointment at this stage.

• comXyzcomXyz Member

is there any KVM plan with the specs of Mid-June Special-2 and same price?

• FredQcFredQc Member

24 cores VPS:

[root@core infos]# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
    Number of cores : 24
    CPU frequency :  200.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 5120 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime :   35 min,       
    Download speed from CacheFly: 98,3MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 32,8MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 64,7MB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8,39MB/s 
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 12,0MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 51,3MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8,04MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 44,0MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 38,3MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 68,2MB/s 
    I/O speed :  782 MB/s

I am the only one on the node ? This is quiet impressive. - fingers crossed -

• SunnSunn Member

Jon, as a provider. How do you deal with such complaints? I am curious to ask.

• @vdonline said:
    is there any KVM plan with the specs of Mid-June Special-2 and same price?

Just close your eyes and count some sheep.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@FredQc said:

>

CPU frequency : 200.000 MHz

Ouch.

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • ivanhivanh Member
    edited June 2014

@GreenValueHost said:

Is there any company on the top 10 list you recognise as 'the small section of the market segment (within the "lowend" sector) that' you're catering to? Surely they'd all be considered above you according to your scale.

But if you just don't recognise the poll altogether, that's a whole different matter.

(I don't personally have too many issues with your services, infact I have a few. Just annoying how far from reality that claim is).

• laaevlaaev Member

Makes me wonder if its just Intel SpeedStep or if GVH is actually throttling users to 200 MHz per core.

• LeeLee Veteran

CVPS_Adam said: throttling users to 200 MHz per core

This.

• No we're actually not throttling. I'll have it looked at soon.

• krs360krs360 Member

Going to try the most basic plan and see how it gets on.. order placed