Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost: Another Unhappy Customer - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost: Another Unhappy Customer

Comments

• @woochun - don't want to hijack the thread - please PM me the details and I'll investigate for you.

• tehdantehdan Member

@PNH said:
    I'm here to urge GreenValueHost to setup my server, and I discourage members here to purchase services from these guys.

I don't know that there's anyone here who would purchase services from these guys. We're here to tell you to do a little bit of research into a company's background before handing over any amount of money to them that, if lost, might make you feel the need to publicly shame the company on message boards...

Get your money back and try a different provider?

• I'd say it would have been decent of GVH to pro-actively keep the customer up-to-date on the delivery time of the server during the process, in case they didn't.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Probably time for a refund request. If they do not comply, PayPal dispute. You deserve a refund. If they are taking this long deploying the server imagine when there is a hardware problem? Or anything else you need help with? Their 10 minute ticket replies will end up taking 10 days to get you back online.

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited June 2014

Colocrossing is slow as hell.I ordered a server from their reseller HVH during their 75% off promotion offer and the the server was delivered after two weeks.If GVH has made some special arrangements with Colocrossing you can then expect the early delivery of server.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

GVH resells from HVH who resells CC. What a clusterf...

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • My vps with them gets it's IP nulled by colocrossing on an almost daily basis getting old. Support tickets every other day trying to find the cause.

• wychwych Member

@PcJamesy said:
    My vps with them gets it's IP nulled by colocrossing on an almost daily basis getting old. Support tickets every other day trying to find the cause.

Null on the range or just you?

• @wych said:
    Null on the range or just you?

Just one of the IP, the vps has two. One IP is unreachable for hours and the other is still online. Not sure who is really at blame.

• shovenose said: GVH resells from HVH who resells CC. What a clusterf...

I think they go direct CC now. I've seen less and less of a HVH presence since the acquisition last year.

• I would go and get a refund, these guy's seem sort-of sketchy.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited June 2014

move on to a better host @OP;
    literally anyone else here is far better then gvh (with exception to one host here who resells OVH canada)

• LeeLee Veteran

There are some people who you will never convince to avoid GVH, the price alone drives many. Same with Volumedrive.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

PcJamesy said: My vps with them gets it's IP nulled by colocrossing on an almost daily basis getting old. Support tickets every other day trying to find the cause.

Have your provider request whitelisting of the IP or an increase of the thresholds for your subnet.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

instatech said: Colocrossing is slow as hell.I ordered a server from their reseller HVH during their 75% off promotion offer and the the server was delivered after two weeks.If GVH has made some special arrangements with Colocrossing you can then expect the early delivery of server.

Unless the config was special there shouldn't be any such delays. Back in November there was a period where we were very backlogged but now 98% of orders are filled within 48 hours.

• J1021J1021 Member

@shovenose said:

Who are HVH?

• cassacassa Member

@1e10 said:
    Who are HVH?

HudsonValleyHost

Thanked by 1J1021
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited June 2014

@1e10 said:
    Who areHVH?

Hudson Valley Host

What cassa said.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • SunnSunn Member

1.) A dedicated server can take up to a month, depending if they have the resources.

2.) Now the support, that is the con here, which should be improved.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

A lot of companies delay to deliver dedicated servers more than 2 days, during promotions. While this is not the best, we all know that servers are not instantly delivered in most of cases. I had to wait 5 days once to receive my server and we all remember the delays from OVH to the first cheapie Kimsufi series (over a month, in some cases).
    As of support, it is completely different sales support (normally 5 days a week office hours, with delays and less staff) and technical support (that should be working 24/7).
    So, I think that OP is over reacting.

On the other hand, GVH should inform client immediately about the EST of the delivery and if this time window exceeds, then, should send an update to his client. And if the delivery takes long (more than double of the delivery time), should give the option for refund.

But, again, this is the price you "pay" when you pay less than ordinary for a service. If normal price for a server is, e.g., 100$ and there is an offer for 60$ lifetime, then, you know that there will be minor issues (delays, less support ech.) compared with the more expensive offer.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • This thread is a ClusterError.

Don't fall for the prices, if you see a pile of bad reviews, you should be able to assume that with that plus the price, it's gonna be bad.

• blackblack Member

I wonder why Colocrossing doesn't sell their dedicated servers here if it's in the LEB range. I mean, skip the middle man and let us experience the possible non-shitty customer service.

• DylanDylan Member

@shovenose said:

HVH isn't really a reseller -- they're owned by the same parent company as CC.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    The 24-48 Hr setup time is an estimated setup time, not guaranteed. Due to the high volume of orders that we've received over the course of the reduced price promotion, provisioning may be delayed for a few days at most.

Also, the average ticket response time applies to technical support only.

If you can give me your service ID I'll check if you qualify for a refund and process it if applicable.

I'm sending out a handful of servers in a few hours, if yours is in the handful then you don't qualify for a refund but I can issue you a 10% credit towards next month for the delayed provisioning.

So a few days = 12 days (10 business days)?

Also to put the icing on the cake... I ordered a managed server with cPanel/WHM and I ended up with a self managed server. Should have knew the dedicated servers wouldn't be any better than the VPS service...

• @Dylan said:
    HVH isn't really a reseller -- they're owned by the same parent company as CC.

So wait, who owns ColoCrossing?

• blackblack Member
    edited June 2014
     ColoCrossing is a leading part of the Velocity Servers Network Exchange (VSNX) family of companies.  

Source: http://colocrossing.com/company

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@eddynetweb said:
    So wait, who owns ColoCrossing?

Sheinhardt Wig Company

• @Nekki said:
    Sheinhardt Wig Company

Didn't Osama Bin Laden own CC?

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited June 2014

A subsiterary of JizzComputing LLC, NoobHost INC, and RustleMyJimmies CORP? Yes.

This discussion has been closed.