Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost: Another Unhappy Customer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost: Another Unhappy Customer

PNHPNH Member
edited June 2014 in Reviews

I ordered a dedicated server from GreenValueHost more than 4 days ago (107 hrs ago at the time of posting), but all I can say is that I am very unhappy with them. And guess what? The server has not been set up yet!!

Yes, I'm aware that GVH's VPS aren't good and I have read negative reviews towards them, but considering that their dedicated servers are directly resold (can't be oversold) from ColoCrossing but with a cheaper price, I decided to sign up with them. I was excited when I ordered the server as I see they offer 24-48 hour set up time.

Time has passed, but I have not received any emails from them containing server access details. I created a ticket, and waited hours (longest was 23.5) to get a reply that is only a few words long. Another lie as they claimed "24/7 Non-Outsourced American Technical Support AND 10 Minute Average Ticket Response Time". I emailed their staff more than 24 hours ago, no replies either.

I'm here to urge GreenValueHost to setup my server, and I discourage members here to purchase services from these guys.

Update: It has been confirmed that I'll receive the server tomorrow.

Thanked by 1darkshire

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited June 2014

@GreenValueHost | @GVH_Adam

What box/specs did you order?

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • ATHKATHK Member

Here we go again. Pop corn machine is warming up!

Thanked by 2zionvps Steve81
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

And what did they answer, when you opened a ticket?

• ATHKATHK Member

I'm here to urge GreenValueHost to setup my server, and I discourage members here to purchase services from these guys.

Sorry but why would you even bother with the server if it is ever set up it? Would you not rather a refund?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • PNHPNH Member

@wych said:
    What box/specs did you order?

E3-1240v2 with no hardware upgrades

@Alex_LiquidHost said:
    And what did they answer, when you opened a ticket?

We will handle it ASAP.

---signature---

• wychwych Member

@PNH said:
    E3-1240v2 with no hardware upgrades

This one? http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/606375/#Comment_606375

• ShivamShivam Member

Just get a refund.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

vote with your feet it is the only effective way to bring about change (apart from biological warfare) get a refund.

• One another unhappy client.

• PNHPNH Member

Yes, but without the promotion and some more IP. I don't think they ran out of IP addresses ;)?

An update from them:

We are having some delays in deployment because of recent hardware problems we were having. We are expected to have the servers deployed really soon even though we do not have an exact ETA.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@PNH said:

We are having some delays in deployment because of recent hardware problems we were having. We are expected to have the servers deployed really soon even though we do not have an exact ETA.

Refund.

• ATHKATHK Member

@PNH said:

I suppose that's ok, you should of been notified from the beginning though or at least when the issues occurred..

I don't think making a post was worth your time, if you're unhappy with the wait ask for a refund, I'm sure they would just give you one..

• I am not here so long, but this kind of thread makes me tired. If you ignored all bad reviews / comments against a provider, you should not come back some days and post another unhappy review. If you decide to make a purchase, it is assumed that you accept some pros/cons of a provider IMHO. I think I have read many similar topics like this. Heizz.

• woochunwoochun Member
    edited June 2014

Delivery on time is always a dream.
    I have ordered a server from De******* about 25 days ago(May 24) still not get it .

• Delicatessen? No wonder you didn't get it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • laaevlaaev Member

We have some E3 dedicated servers immediately available that we are ready to let go of at aggressive prices, please PM me if you decide to move on as we can get your server setup without any delay :)

Thanked by 1PNH
  • PNHPNH Member

@CVPS_Adam said:

PM sent.

• @woochun said:
    Delivery on time is always a dream.
    I have ordered a server from De******* about 25 days ago(May 24) still not get it .

@markturner

Thanked by 1woochun
  • J1021J1021 Member

GVH have an attitude problem with business in general. I don't understand why you've come here to have a whinge about their service, you expecting to surprise us or something?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • PremiumNPremiumN Member
    edited June 2014

@wych said:
    GreenValueHost | GVH_Adam

I think you meant @GVH_Alex

• wychwych Member

@PremiumN said:
    I think you meant GVH_Alex

I did I did!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@PremiumN said:
    I think you meant GVH_Alex

I don't think it matters, Jon appears to be too much of a control freak to actually let him deal with anything.

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    I don't think it matters, Jon appears to be too much of a control freak to actually let him deal with anything.

"If a jobs worth doing its worth doing yourself".

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2014

The 24-48 Hr setup time is an estimated setup time, not guaranteed. Due to the high volume of orders that we've received over the course of the reduced price promotion, provisioning may be delayed for a few days at most.

Also, the average ticket response time applies to technical support only.

If you can give me your service ID I'll check if you qualify for a refund and process it if applicable.

I'm sending out a handful of servers in a few hours, if yours is in the handful then you don't qualify for a refund but I can issue you a 10% credit towards next month for the delayed provisioning.

• @Alex_LiquidHost my ticket has been sitting for a week now.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited June 2014

@MorningIris said:
    Alex_LiquidHost my ticket has been sitting for a week now.

What does that have to do with this thread?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    What does that haven't do with this thread?

Nothing, he was seizing the moment ;)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @GreenValueHost said:
    The 24-48 Hr setup time is an estimated setup time, not guaranteed. Due to the high volume of orders that we've received over the course of the reduced price promotion, provisioning may be delayed for a few days at most.

If you can give me your service ID I'll check if you qualify for a refund and process it if applicable.

I'm sending out a handful of servers in a few hours, if yours is in the handful then you don't qualify for a refund but I can issue you a 10% credit towards next month for the delayed provisioning.

That response completely sealed the deal for me.

• c0yc0y Member

GreenValueHost said: The 24-48 Hr setup time is an estimated setup time, not guaranteed. Due to the high volume of orders that we've received over the course of the reduced price promotion, provisioning may be delayed for a few days at most.

Uh, you can just be honest that the company you're reselling from (ColoCrossing) is having delayed deployment times as always. I had a brief moment where I was reselling them but poor administration always delayed servers by weeks, resulting in chargebacks and forced refunds before the servers were even delivered.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @c0y And to think you'd consider the fact that maybe we'd have a special arrangement in place being the large customer that we are.

This discussion has been closed.