Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of UK/GB providers working with NSA.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

List of UK/GB providers working with NSA.

ZEROFZEROF Member
edited June 2014 in Providers

This was posted by http://www.spiegel.de/. List of UK/GB ISP's working with NSA for a long time:

http://www.spiegel.de/media/media-34056.pdf

Comments

• Sky is mine lol. tbh I don't care. I doubt the NSA care if I torrent a few TV shows every so often.

• WhoaWhoa Member

lol @ those project names ...

"Aperture Science" ... nice !

• ChuckChuck Member

Didn't their mom tell them to not look at people's computer screen? What the hell is wrong with kids these days?

• wtf is "project name" anyways?

• liviuliviu Member

link to article please?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

Just one more reason to never buy any UK VPS, another one being their government's policy of censorship of adult-oriented content on the Internet. With the UK also being a pretty useless geographic location as far as targetting the rest of the Europe goes, and the general lack of good deals or good bandwidth both on VPSes and dedis, not much of value has been lost.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

KOALAPUNCH? Sounds like something you don't want to drink.

• Argh, not redstation!

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Oliver said:
    KOALAPUNCH? Sounds like something you don't want to drink.

Yeah, I hear they put too much eucalyptus oil in it these days.

• wychwych Member

@XxNisseGamerxX said:
    sz1hosting

He in either of the DC's?

• @wych said:
    He in either of the DC's?

I think so, i'm not sure.

• wych said: He in either of the DC's?

RedStation?

• 5n1p5n1p Member

According to Snowden Files every UK provider is part of surveillance by GCHQ and they give all data to NSA.

• rds100rds100 Member

I could understand if a provider has to give information to their own intelligence services, due to some law. But giving information to foreign intelligence services... sounds totally crazy.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • wychwych Member

@5n1p said:
    According to Snowden Files every UK provider is part of surveillance by GCHQ and they give all data to NSA.

mhm.

• 5n1p5n1p Member

@rds100 said:
    I could understand if a provider has to give information to their own intelligence services, due to some law. But giving information to foreign intelligence services... sounds totally crazy.

There is some sort of agreement between GCHQ and NSA about data exchange. At least that is what Snowden told journalists and they seem to have some kind of proof. Other then that they have proof that NSA gave founds to GCHQ so it must be part of agreement.

Even thought I don't usually trust in this kind of stories, this time almost everything he said was true and Governments haven't even tried to dispute.

• Glad I'm not part of Sky anymore...

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited June 2014

I do use redstation yes, they can not access my servers ( as far as i know ) unless they hack it.. so in the same sense as you being with any provider nsa can do the same to anyone if that is the case.

• @sz1hosting said:
    I do use redstation yes, they can not access my server ( as far as i know ) unless they hack it, so in the same sense as you being with any provider nsa can do the same to anyone.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • sc754sc754 Member

@sz1hosting said:
    I do use redstation yes, they can not access my servers ( as far as i know ) unless they hack it.. so in the same sense as you being with any provider nsa can do the same to anyone if that is the case.

Would they not be monitoring your network traffic though and passing it onto the NSA?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • sc754 said: Would they not be monitoring your network traffic though and passing it onto the NSA?

They monitor everyone's traffic in every data center in the world and so do most other governments.

• J1021J1021 Member

@rm_ said:
    Just one more reason to never buy any UK VPS, another one being their government's policy of censorship of adult-oriented content on the Internet. With the UK also being a pretty useless geographic location as far as targetting the rest of the Europe goes, and the general lack of good deals or good bandwidth both on VPSes and dedis, not much of value has been lost.

Unless ofcourse you're lucky enough to live in the UK.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

what about Level3? obivous

• Mark_RMark_R Member

damn.. internap is on the list ..

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I'm sure this is not a complete list, three is obviously more spying going on, probably at the higher tier transit levels.

But according to this list Redstation and UK servers, two providers which LE* hosts like to use. You can probably assume IOmart as a whole because of Redstation. This is nothing new anyway.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

sz1hosting said: They monitor everyone's traffic in every data center in the world and so do most other governments.

Quite big affirmation you are throwing there.

No, they would like to, but afortunately they don't and can't.

Spain is a nice example of mostly NSA-free datacenters in Europe, up to the upstreams at least.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

1e10 said: Unless ofcourse you're lucky enough to live in the UK.

You can still boycott the surveillance and censorship practice, and instead send your money abroad to a business in a freer country (will not make any recommendations, but I think there still should be some left in Europe). Also a VPS abroad would be more useful to you in a practical sense: in case your ISP censors a website you want to visit, you could use the VPS as a proxy to avoid that censorship.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@rm_ said:
    You can still boycott the surveillance and censorship practice, and instead send your money abroad to a business in a freer country (will not make any recommendations, but I think there still should be some left in Europe). Also a VPS abroad would be more useful to you in a practical sense: in case your ISP censors a website you want to visit, you could use the VPS as a proxy to avoid that censorship.

For now only residential ISPs have blocks of certain torrent websites and such.

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited June 2014

I heard NSA is spying the whole internet so this is nothing new.This list does not surprise me.Also UK GCHQ is friend of NSA and they are sharing all the information with NSA.