Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of UK/GB providers working with NSA. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

List of UK/GB providers working with NSA.

2»

Comments

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited June 2014

"Nothing new", "Doesn't surprise me" God damn it people. This is your government spying on you. Don't you even care about it anymore?

• Redstation is a surprising one. Sky broadband not so much since its a murdoch company. who are in bed with the current regime.

• jhjh Member

I know of at least a few other companies working closely with them

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited June 2014

You think it is only the NSA & GCHQ? More or less all governments spy on everyone get used to it.

• @sz1hosting said:
    You think it is only the NSA & GCHQ? More or less all governments spy on everyone get used it.

FBI? CIA?

• J1021J1021 Member

Would be interested to learn of any EU VPS providers that should be safe from government spying/tracking? I'm thinking Germany..

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

sz1hosting said: You think it is only the NSA & GCHQ? More or less all governments spy on everyone get used to it.

That's not what you said:

sz1hosting said: They monitor everyone's traffic in every data center in the world

That's just false.

Yes, my government spies on citizens and the Americans do target my country too, but they don't currently have the means to conduct massive surveilance of the entire nation's Internet communications as you suggest.

So afortunately, I don't need to "get used to it", yet.

• wychwych Member

Broad statement is broad.

• c0yc0y Member

1e10 said: Would be interested to learn of any EU VPS providers that should be safe from government spying/tracking? I'm thinking Germany..

Uh no, if you followed the news you'd know NSA has been tapping on Germany's net infra and caught doing it more than once.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • liviuliviu Member

not clear what the list of IPs in the PDF actually means. If it is explained somewhere, share the whole article. It seems that some of them are VPN/proxy exit-nodes: 94.229.78.58, 31.6.17.94

A similar list contains IPs from USA and, again, at least a couple are VPN/proxy exits: 216.172.135.136, 198.144.107.45

1e10 said: Would be interested to learn of any EU VPS providers that should be safe from government spying/tracking? I'm thinking Germany..

From their own government? No ISP can guarantee you this, much less a VPS provider charging you very little for the service.

You can however buy from countries/networks which seem to respect more the privacy of their own citiziens or which don't routinely exchange data with your government, even if you know the nation has the means to spy on the networks (Switzerland fits this description, for example).

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

Nyr said: You can however buy from countries/networks which seem to respect more the privacy of their own citiziens or which don't routinely exchange data with your government, even if you know the nation has the means to spy on the networks (Switzerland fits this description, for example).

https://gun.io/blog/secure-your-domain-where-is-safe-to-register-a-domain-name/ mentioned in another thread lists some countries, even though that's about a somewhat different topic. Switzerland is at the top there too.

I think @William may have more suggestions where to host with regard to the current legal/freedom/surveillance situation in the EU.

• I am also against this type of spying.But nobody was able to anything stop them so we have to get used to it.

Also one Swiss server provider privatelayer claim to be NSA free.Also here is what they tell about Switzerland

WHY SWITZERLAND

The US National Security Agency has no jurisdiction to eavesdrop within Switzerland.

Switzerland has long been recognized as a safe haven. It is not a member of the EU, and remains neutral in times of conflict.

Located in the heart of Europe, Switzerland is protected and is safe from natural disasters due to weather or seismic events.

Zurich is a major Internet hub, a center where many network providers exchange traffic, providing low latency connections.

Data and Server Hosting is quickly replacing Switzerland's banking industry, as a refuge for those seeking privacy and stability.

PrivateLayer is about the worst you can get, not only privacy-wise. And their connectivity is pure HE, so they aren't in the best position to claim all the bullshit they do.

• @Rallias said:
    "Nothing new", "Doesn't surprise me" God damn it people. This is your government spying on you. Don't you even care about it anymore?

To know and to care, and to act accordingly - three big differences.

• wychwych Member

@sz1hosting what even...

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • wych said: what even...

I tried.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@sz1hosting said:
    I tried.

You failed.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited June 2014

@rm_ said:
    I think William may have more suggestions where to host with regard to the current legal/freedom/surveillance situation in the EU.

@instatech said:
    WHY SWITZERLAND

The US National Security Agency has no jurisdiction to eavesdrop within Switzerland.

Switzerland has long been recognized as a safe haven. It is not a member of the EU, and remains neutral in times of conflict.

Yeah, BUT

(not that this necessarily affects non-Americans, but it seems like a potential "in" that can lead to more "cooperation" as they follow the money)

• I'm sceptical of any location or business claiming they're less susceptible to eavesdropping (but at least some can proclaim they don't openly share data with agencies).

Much of the eavesdropping claims indicated that traffic was being logged 'over the wire', and it seems no coincidence that some researchers from Google happened to find the Heartbleed flaw (I am going on the assumption that they were trying to figure out how data their own data was being leaked).

You'd want to be studious in what routes traffic takes from the server and if it's public, traffic coming from visitors (and their routes) is a lottery.

• Encrypt your data! :o

• tchentchen Member

@instatech said:

That's a misleading truth born to trap the unwary. They don't have jurisdiction there as such a thing can only be granted by the Swiss government. This doesn't stop them from intercepting and processing any foreign SIGINT, wherever it comes from.

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited June 2014

NSA spying tools and open source replacement. Full list:http://online.verypdf.com/app/sharepdf/?url=http://online.verypdf.com/u/public/api/20140627-221210-3201711362.pdf … #infosec #security #pentester #nsa #owned #linux #backbox

• so people strongly advise people to not buying UK vps, lets grab few of USA vps.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Encrypt your disks at home and traffic. Encrypting the disks on VPSes wont work as the keys are in memory unless you mount them remotely. Use a darknet to communicate.

• ZEROFZEROF Member

You are my hero :)

@Maounique said:

• ChanChan Member

Does this list really matter?

Chances are, the traffic coming in/out of our VPSes would have gone through these NSA/GCHQ one way or another anyway.

Thanked by 15n1p
  • nexmarknexmark Member
    edited July 2014

Nope, No such thing as NSA, Keep using your box's people!

Also

Sounds weird, Maybe that NSA Too :O!

• smansman Member
    edited July 2014

Lol...and if (more like when) OVH is on one of these lists you guys would be ....hey look they have Kimsufi for 2.99 again...I'm gonna get another one.