Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinions on our New server from redstation UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Opinions on our New server from redstation UK

sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
edited May 2014 in Providers

How does this server sound good?

Processor:
Quad Core: Intel® Xeon® X3470 (8M Cache, 2.93 GHz)
Memory:
32GB DDR3

Hard Drive:
2 x 2TB SATA 7,200 RPM

Bandwidth:
1Gbps Unmetered Port - 1Gbps Guaranteed

IPV6 IPV4

We will be providing vps on this server shortly!

Thanked by 1instatech

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

Do you not mean Redstation?

Also brace for a DDoS once the offer thread is posted.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • oh damm typo fixed now thanks : )
    Yes i heard being a uk host can bring ddos problems they have assured me i will be fine with there network capacity.

• wychwych Member

@sz1hosting said:
    they have assured me i will be fine with there network capacity.

Haha.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

Only one old Quadcore ? what about Dual?

and only 2 HDD's in Raid 1.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Jebus fella, you just can't sit still, can you.

Have you even sold anything from the other locations yet, or are your clients still all on freebie trials?

• Why don't you get a E3-1230/E3-1230v2/E3-1240v2 for the same price?

• I have servers in usa i also sell vps to people who do not use these forums, i am talking with redstation now about the potential ddos attacks and i have been assured i will be fine though still in communication about this topic of ddos.

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2014

@sz1hosting please do not open new marketing thread EVERY WEEK! LET is not new providers marketing spam section.

Also please take a look at http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/21643/about-the-providers-section

Concentrating whole business around this community is a good recipe for fail.

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@Spirit said:
    Concentrating whole business around this community is a good recipe for fail.

GVH have done that, and well yeah...

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/27682/gvh-spamming-me-like-no-tomorrow#

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited May 2014

Spirit said: Concentrating whole business around this community is a good recipe for fail.

You are right and i will take your advice seriously.

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • forthcloud said: Why don't you get a E3-1230/E3-1230v2/E3-1240v2 for the same price?

I was advised to go with this by some of my super geeky friends / staff.

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • wychwych Member

@sz1hosting said:
    I was advised to go with this

Strange.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • @sz1hosting said:

If you have "super geeky" friends, why do you ask here?

• serverian said: why do you ask here?

serverian said: If you have "super geeky" friends, why do you ask here?

I am asking for a general and customer point of view on this posts topic.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2014

I would maybe host some private VPS as testing ground on this type of server. Slightly outdated CPU, slow HDs, Raid-1... Gee, it's 2014!

I am not saying that you cannot host VMs on this server. But it is far away from being state of the art nowadays.

I feel with your possible future customers!

And another thing: Not wanting to be harsh, but there was a rule of thumb in the 'ol online times' when usenet was a big thing and the www was still a baby:
    Think, before you press the 'send' button, then think again. Then - think again. Do not share any exciting brainfart directly with the whole world. In ruins your reputation. But how shall one explain this to the facebook generation? I feel tired. And old.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
    edited May 2014

Amitz said: I feel with your possible future customers!

SATA 7,200 RPM is not slow, please find another thread to bash.

We provide a great service and no complaints, if you would like to support us and give us more funding we will upgrade to a better server.
    We will be upgrading this server soon, we have a lot of servers so right now we are taking it slow from now on.

I have taken serious note of what @Spirit said and will proceed with that.

• @sz1hosting said:
    I was advised to go with this by some of my super geeky friends / staff.

LOL. They are trolling you again, mate.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • forthcloud said: LOL. They are trolling you again, mate.

I know it is part of this community i can not except everyone to be nice.

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@sz1hosting said:

7.2k SATA drives in Raid-1 are piss poor compared to anything in Raid-10. And, by the way: It's not us trolling you. It's your super-geeky-expert friends that make fun of you.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @sz1hosting said:
    if you would like to support us and give us more funding we will upgrade to a better server

Go and get your "super geeky friends / staff" to buy you a better server.

• wychwych Member

PM'd you my suggestions @sz1hosting .

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • forthcloud said: Go and get your "super geeky friends / staff" to buy you a better server.

They said i need to stop buying servers now, so will not buy any more just upgrade the ones we have.

edited May 2014

Amitz said: Raid-10. And, by the way:

We will upgrade soon a lot of money has been spent so upgrades is the only thing we will be buying from now on, no more locations for at least 1 or 2 years.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2014

sz1hosting said: We will upgrade soon a lot of money has been spent so upgrades is the only thing we will be buying form now on, no more locations for at least 1 or 2 years.

< sarcasm >Seems like a successful business plan. < /sarcasm >

Honestly, if you do not have the slightest clue in servers, and you want to take clients' recommendations, sorry to say - that business will fail, and that ship will sink.

Learn, relearn, and learn again... Only then you can offer a stable product.

Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck in this :-)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2014

wych said: GVH have done that

Huh? Why is so important to spam name of this unimportant random host in every thread?

Is this all what you know about this forum or what's your point? Hundreds new hosts concentrated their business around this community in all those years and atleast half of them failed. It's like putting all eggs in one basket.

• Zen said: I have a suspicion you'll be looking to offload that server soon enough, let me know, I might be interested in picking it up if RedStation will allow it.

Thank for the offer, we plan to keep the location we need a uk location for out customers in uk.

• rsk said: Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck in this :-)

Thank you, i do not work alone and will not pretend i know everything because i do not.

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • wychwych Member

@Spirit said:

Because that is one that most people on here at the moment would recognise.

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@Jack said:
    I'm not being funny but I opened all locations with RAID1 then upgraded at a later point...

Ditto.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Same Same. But different. ;-)