Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DireVPS £7.50/y plan - I bought it but can't install LAMP so what's it good for? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DireVPS £7.50/y plan - I bought it but can't install LAMP so what's it good for?

13»

Comments

• namhuynamhuy Member

what error do you get? my website used to host on a 512mb ram vps w/ lamp setup.

• @namhuy said:
    what error do you get? my website used to host on a 512mb ram vps w/ lamp setup.

Sorry, not looked as yet. Just know I had to reboot a couple of times as ssh and webmin became either unresponsive or stopped.

Just looked:
    There's two that I can see.
    Jun 18 21:31:55 DIREVPS suhosin[2123]: ALERT - script tried to increase memory_limit to 268435456 bytes which is above the allowed$

Is this ulimit -s 256?

Jun 18 19:06:14 DIREVPS sshd[2269]: PAM service(sshd) ignoring max retries; 6 > 3

This may be the one that made ssh unresponsive.

• KeithKeith Member
    edited June 2014

The error is coming from suhosin, you could try using php5.4 or later which doesn't use suhosin.

Thanked by 1adrianlambert
  • DavidxDavidx Member
    edited June 2014

LAMP should run fine on 512mb. I am running VestaCP which has a lot more than LAMP on a Crissic 512mb special.

• KeithKeith Member

@David_P said:
    LAMP should run fine on 512mb. I am running VestaCP which has a lot more than LAMP on a Crissic 512mb special.

I've had LAMP running, although not doing much, on an Ipxcore 32mb vps.

• DavidxDavidx Member

@Keith said:

Haha the 32mb boxes are fun.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • namhuynamhuy Member

did lamp comes w/ debian template from your provider? how did you install your lamp?

• @adrianlambert, @Keith, actually you should run ulimit -s 256 (I would recommend 1024 thought) before starting any processes, so it doesn't work on reboots. After reboot, you should log in and restart all the services.

• HorusHorus Member

I am running webmin/kloxo on a Crissic 512mb special and host 8 WordPress sites , i guess you need to increase Vswap size and install webmin first

• trexostrexos Member

@Horus said:
    I am running webmin/kloxo on a Crissic 512mb special and host 8 WordPress sites , i guess you need to increase Vswap size and install webmin first

Dont think that increasing vswap is possible on ovz?

• @namhuy said:
    did lamp comes w/ debian template from your provider? how did you install your lamp?

No, that would be nice though.

• wychwych Member
    edited June 2014

@trexos said:
    Dont think that increasing vswap is possible on ovz?

May be wrong but sure DotVPS increased my Vswap on a 128mb instance so I could install cPanel DNS only.

• I haven't had any response to my ticket that I submitted the other day as I expected and I doubt that human intervention wouldn't be included unless there was a problem with the host system which I don't expect there would be.

• trexostrexos Member

@wych said:
    May be wrong but sure DotVPS increased my Vswap on a 128mb instance so I could install cPanel DNS only.

Ah yes sure. I meant the customer can't change it.

• wychwych Member

@trexos said:
    Ah yes sure. I meant the customer can't change it.

Oh no, host has to do it.