Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linode $10/month Plan! / Free $10 Credit!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linode $10/month Plan! / Free $10 Credit!

serverianserverian Member
edited June 2014 in General

https://blog.linode.com/2014/06/16/11th-linode-birthday-10-linode-plan/

1GB Memory / 24GB SSD / 1 vCPU / 2TB Traffic for $10/month

This means, you can get a 2TB VPS in Tokyo for just $10/month!

Use LINODE10 to get $10 credit for your 1GB plan.

Comments

• Nice. They're just starting to offer it on their birthday btw, it's around to stay. It'll be a good entry level box for any serious projects for sure.

• definedcodedefinedcode Member
    edited June 2014

Don't forget the insane network speeds.

40gbit in, (albeit only 125mbit out).

Good to see them finally drop this plan anyway, Linode's stability has always been A*.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Now we all can welcome to LET the new player! (As I can see, LET providers with supreme quality make the big players to lower their prices, so, this community and the others with the same target, are doing their job well!)

Thanked by 2AThomasHowe geekalot
  • jvnadr said: Now we all can welcome to LET the new player!

Still $3 out ;)

• Damn, I bought too many vpses and servers these days, and @serverian continues posting new one *__*. It is nice offer anyway.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

AThomasHowe said: Still $3 out ;)

Uhm, maybe we have to wait a little more!!! But, you never know :P

• AmitzAmitz Member

Now that is cool. :) Thanks for the information!

• wychwych Member

Your just a tease @severian!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

OMFG! Now this wasn't expected.. could always do with a Linode Japan. ;d

• Linode still have 24 hour null-routes?

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited June 2014

Thanks @serverian for the mention of this package.Linode is getting a lot of positive feedback on WHT after their upgrade of packages and network.Will give them try but as of now i will stick with vultr.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

I have never used Linode. Can any user here can compare performance in true life with, e.g., ramnode, EDIS, prometeus or other LE* providers? Is it for real so much better?

• Nice. Finally. FINALLY!

But really, years and years to late. I doubt I'll get a box there any time soon when we have iwStack and Vultr. I do still have some credit from a long time ago, so I may give it a try. But they're still way too late.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • LeeLee Veteran

It's never years to late, no excuse now for so many not to pick a better provider, cost is really not the issue now.

• jhjh Member

Excellent value, wish I had a good use for it.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    It's never years to late, no excuse now for so many not to pick a better provider, cost is really not the issue now.

While that may be true, the competition has been serving that market for the last year (or even more) and Linode is just joining it. Then again, I may be wrong by assuming which market they're targeting with this.

• @Virtovo said:
    Linode still have 24 hour null-routes?

Let those SNMP attacks with 650x amplification factor become a norm then all big players will have to introduce solid DDOS protection to survive even. Those who won't would deadpool sooner or later.

• Use LINODE10 to get $10 credit for your 1GB plan.

• LeeLee Veteran

I think personally it is pretty clear from this and previous comments/actions that they want a piece however large of DO's slice which is not insignificant and includes an also not insignificant amount of clients Linode used to have.

Linode either way are top drawer. You will struggle to find an equivalient $10 service in this area.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited June 2014

Just got one in the UK -

root@li720-30:~# ./bench.sh
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  2800.072 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 991 MB
    Total amount of swap : 255 MB
    System uptime :   1 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 47.8MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 3.28MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 13.6MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 660KB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 42.6MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 55.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.42MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 13.6MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 10.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 10.0MB/s
    I/O speed :  617 MB/s

• ZRBLOGZRBLOG Member

Great,i like linode!

• W1V_Lee said: Linode either way are top drawer. You will struggle to find an equivalient $10 service in this area.

I have to agree with that. I have never, ever had a complaint about their service. Nor about their services. Just the pricing. And maybe how they handled that hacking incident, but I don't have all the details so I can't properly judge them.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited June 2014

So what exactly makes people praise Linode like they've attained nirvana with a Linode VPS? Uptime? Network? Support?

I've been using a couple of best rated LEB providers since a year, and still haven't had any issues whatsoever. What makes Linode the 'must-have' in the industry?

Thanked by 2Mark_R Gunter
  • DH22DH22 Member

Awesome, was hoping for this but didn't really expect it to happen. Should save me quite a bit of money assuming the 1 vCPU provides enough stability. Since this is Linode I'm sure it will.

• LeeLee Veteran

joelgm said: So what exactly makes people praise Linode.

I would not say Linode are the must have however they are longstanding, have a good team, are reliable, dependable and cash rich. When they decided to move everything to SDD for example they changed everything at a significant cost using good quality drives in raid with BBU. Look back and the network upgrades and so on and you will see why.

They develop everything in house and are therefore much more in control.

I think the bottom line is that I personally from a production point of view would not place the same trust in anyone here as I would in Linode when it comes to keeping my data safe and online.

But that it is of course a personal view rather than a ringing endorsement.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2014

Yeah, I think that was more about how the move from Linode to CC was manufactured than anything.

• kaflokaflo Member

maybe on their next birthday they'll have a Linode 0.5GB.

Thanked by 1AThomasHowe
  • alexhalexh Member
    edited June 2014

@joelgm said:
    I've been using a couple of best rated LEB providers since a year, and still haven't had any issues whatsoever. What makes Linode the 'must-have' in the industry?

Their hardware, support, in-house panel, and transparency.

Support form hosts here can be lackluster. I understand the "shit happens" expression, but with a host like Linode, shit really doesn't happen. I'm really, truly, honestly paying for the peace of mind, and the professional courtesy that support provides their customers.

• kaflo said: maybe on their next birthday they'll have a Linode 0.5GB.

That's the dream.