Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Translation help needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Translation help needed

sleddogsleddog Member
edited May 2012 in Help

I'm looking for volunteers to translate the language file for my blog-in-development 'Blite'. Any language (other than English) is welcome.

I can't offer any rumuneration, but you will receive credit in the documentation and I'll be eternally grateful :)

Here's the language file in English: http://blite.ca/en_default.txt

This is the (hopefully) complete language file, prepared for Blite 0.1-rc1 that will be available in a few days.

Thanks in advance.

PS: You can contact me by email: doug [at] blite.ca

Comments

• VictorVictor Member
    edited May 2012

I can probably do some German, I will try translating it when I have the time. :)

P.S: Just a thought, since this is a blog script, and has quite similar vocabulary to those of Wordpress, Joomla and etc, maybe you could just check their language files for similar terms and translate it that way?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

"commenton" => "on",

What's that for?

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

I can translate it to Polish

Dutch translation: http://joepie91.cryto.net/trac/browser/translations/blite/nl_dutch.txt?rev=d644711a295a27655810e0029245971bca2e6219

I've made a best guess for a few things, but it should at least be almost entirely correct like this.\
    Please attribute credits to the Cryto Coding Collective if you can.

• sleddogsleddog Member

@joepie91 said: "commenton" => "on",

What's that for?

In the sidebar, recent comments: Commenter's Name ON Article Title...

• sleddogsleddog Member

Wow! Thanks everyone!

• WilliamWilliam Member

Any problems with special chars? (äöüÜÄÖß)

• sleddogsleddog Member

@Victor said: P.S: Just a thought, since this is a blog script, and has quite similar vocabulary to those of Wordpress, Joomla and etc, maybe you could just check their language files for similar terms and translate it that way?

I'd thought of doing that, but then I thought there's a good chance I'd mess it up :) Better to have it done by someone who actually knows the language... hence this request.

• Bookmarked, and probably will do it in chinese.

• Maybe I can tl to Japanese, well, depends on me being free.

We shall see.

• sleddogsleddog Member

@William said: Any problems with special chars? (äöüÜÄÖß)

I think it would be best to have them as html entities or character entities. I don't mind going through and making the changes, provided I can see the correct characters to start.... In joepie91's Dutch I'm seeing © and « symbols, which obviously aren't right...

• sleddogsleddog Member

@sleddog said: In joepie91's Dutch I'm seeing © and « symbols, which obviously aren't right...

Scratch that, it was a browser issue. Once I downloaded the text file it display's fine.

Thanks joepie91 !!

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member

I'm in for Indonesian Language/Bahasa.. ;)

@sleddog said: In the sidebar, recent comments: Commenter's Name ON Article Title...

Right, I guessed wrong, so here's the updated language file: http://joepie91.cryto.net/trac/browser/translations/blite/nl_dutch.txt?rev=a5ec51c2636914f08b5264a7a8adeccb5b54f9b8

Also, the special character issues are related to Trac it seems.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

How do we send to you?

• yomeroyomero Member

Spanish native (and neutral) here.
    @liam Or you already did it?

• sleddogsleddog Member

@jcaleb said: How do we send to you?

You can mail to: doug [at] blite.ca

Thanks everyone for the response. I've already found CSS issues that need addressing. Will work on those and then get a demo site up for contributors to view/play with.

• yomeroyomero Member

@liam said: Sure you can do it, have been pretty occupied with other things this evening.

Ok

@sleddog I will send you the spanish one later. Maybe I will contact you for some questions, mainly in which context do you use certain phrases, because I haven't used your software yet :S

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Will try to send a Filipino translation

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited May 2012

@yomero said: Maybe I will contact you for some questions, mainly in which context do you use certain phrases, because I haven't used your software yet :S

You're welcome to contact me, but check your inbox here :)

I've put up a demo for anyone working on a translation, so you can see the admin pages. Send me a PM here and I'll share the link and login info.

• PhilPhil Member

@sleddog : I will send you the French translation.

• Can I submit a pirate translation?

• sleddogsleddog Member

@Daniel said: Can I submit a pirate translation?

Of course. I was also hoping for Klingon... :)

• yomeroyomero Member

@sleddog Sent you a PM =P

• PhilPhil Member

@sleddog : French translation done. Sent you a PM with download link.

• sleddogsleddog Member

Translations completed:

Dutch - @joepie91
    Indonesian - @Andri, reviewed by @Mon5t3r
    French - @Phil
    Spanish - @yomero

For those who submitted with accented characters, I converted to HTML entities. Files are stored here if you need to grab it for any corrections/additions: http://blite.ca/translations/

Hopefully to come:

German - @Victor
    Polish - @gbshouse
    Swedish - @liam
    Chinese - @joshuatly
    Japanese - @Wintereise
    Filipino - @jcaleb
    Pirate - @Daniel

The request still stands if you want to help out. Just reply here, PM me or email doug [at] blite.ca.

Huge thanks to everyone!

• Converting words like "Comments" to pirate is fairly hard :P

• AldryicAldryic Member

@Daniel said: Converting words like "Comments" to pirate is fairly hard :P

"Yer blubberin'"

• sleddogsleddog Member

@Aldryic said: "Yer blubberin'"

Sounds vaguely Russian.

Oh, and speaking of Russian.... ;)

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • CoreyCorey Member

Why not just use google translate or yahoo babblefish?