Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A complaint about Iniz - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A complaint about Iniz

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

iKeyZ said: @neroux - You should calm down a bit, as you seem to be coming off worse in my eyes currently, the way you are pushing.

@neroux is asking clear, neutral and calm questions, that all happen to be just way too inconvenient for the provider to answer in an honest manner, so those questions get ignored, and the provider and his fanboys instead accuse @neroux in all kinds of insane crap, "pushing", "stirring up", "talking shit", or even "bullying".

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@rm_ said:

Not really sure how I can be a 'fanboy'. I have one service with @INIZ - I'm just saying it how it seems from reading through this thread.

The 'pushing' was from him quoting his questions over and over, which would obviously, as you say, 'stir things up' a bit.

He can disagree with the things Patrick does and he doesn't have to get a service from him, but at the end of the day it's not his company to run, and Patrick still serves a great service for the cost. (even after the change)

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

It's ok @iKeyZ, @rm_ is another one of those people who is easily aggravated and must always be right.

Multiple people have already got into pointless arguments with him and so there is no point replying to him.

iKeyZ said: Just because I'm slightly confused, can you clarify exactly what the OP had before and what he got moved to?

SSD > SAS > SATA (not moved yet)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@INIZ said:
    It's ok iKeyZ, rm_ is another one of those people who is easily aggravated and must always be right.

In all fairness to him, @rm_ does have a tremendous record of actually being right.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited June 2014

The reason I said about @neroux was more to do with his questions.

He was asking questions that he knew the answers to, in fact - they are all answered already in this thread. Exactly why I said they were to 'stir it up' - there is no reason to repeatedly ask these questions, when they are known already.

• nerouxneroux Member

iKeyZ said: You should calm down a bit, as you seem to be coming off worse in my eyes currently, the way you are pushing.

I should calm down? I assume you'd be much better off if you suggested this to the actual aggressors who started all the hostility in this thread. I havent accused anyone, I havent called anyone names and I havent become offensive.

For the rest I'd recommend to read the entire thread (especially my very last response) before making any further comments. This would clear up a lot.

iKeyZ said: The 'pushing' was from him quoting his questions over and over, which would obviously, as you say, 'stir things up' a bit.

So you define it as "pushing" if someone is trying to get an answer to a few very simple questions which are of a basic nature to the complaint at hand?

I asked five (later six) questions which could have been easily answered in a matter of seconds. Instead the host decided to deliberately ignore them and started personal attacks. It is rather this sort of behaviour I'd call stirring things up.

iKeyZ said: He can disagree with the things Patrick does and he doesn't have to get a service from him, but at the end of the day it's not his company to run, and Patrick still serves a great service for the cost. (even after the change)

Did I ever say anything else? He can provide whatever great service he wants or rip off whoever he wants. Both is up to him and his business.

But this is a public forum where someone posted a reasonable complaint and people are entitled to voice their opinion. As I said above, I remained professional and tried to clarify the situation. Instead of receiving an equally professional response I was insulted and called names.

• ATHKATHK Member

Professional? Hardly lets just go back to that post where you called me drunk...

• @iKeyZ said:
    The reason I said about neroux was more to do with his questions.

He was asking questions that he knew the answers to, in fact - they are all answered already in this thread. Exactly why I said they were to 'stir it up' - there is no reason to repeatedly ask these questions, when they are known already.

Very obvious, those questions were, instead, just a few fair statement/summary of why the refund should be given to the OP in the first place per request, when provider changed the service/term which affected specs/performance --- common sense (not even talking about law)

As you said --- those facts were known already. Did the ignorance from the provider mean his agreement/acceptance on those facts? I don't think so :-) Then it's better just honest facing this situation.

This should not happened if things were handled differently at the beginning...

• jcalebjcaleb Member

I side with op. Its just my opinion.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Did the op called iniz cheapshot in ticket or in this thread?

• lol this thread

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

@jcaleb said:
    Did the op called iniz cheapshot in ticket or in this thread?

Bottom of his first post.

Ticket wasn't much good either, 2.5EUR/mo for 2GB RAM along with other high resources wasn't good value for the OP.

Anyways, this is going around in circles and I'm holding off from replying to some of the people here who from past post history can't really tell me what I should do. However I accept some of the constructive criticism however all late for that.

This is what happens when you try to please everyone and try to do whats best :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited June 2014

In a reasonable world where everyone doesn't hate each other, purely for your entertainment, here's how this shiz could have played out.....

--- Start scene ---

Op: Hi there, I paid a yearly upfront for an specific plan and now you're moving me to a plan with different specs and hardware and I'm concerned about the performance impacts this might have on my applications and sites. What are my options here?

Provider: Hi there, we note your concern, and apologise for the unplanned changes to your service, but we're confident that performance should be equal if not better to your previous experience. As such, we'd like to credit you with a free month to put the service to the test, and if after that you're still not happy, we'll refund you the outstanding term of your plan. How does that sound.

Op: Sounds like a an excellent compromise, thank you very much for your help.

Provider: Great, I've added an extra month to your plan, please do contact us if you have any concerns over performance to give us a chance to investigate them properly.

--- End scene ---

Just as an aside, should any host be considering hiring me as a freelance 'PR' style guru to help with difficult tickets, it took every ounce of mental strength to write the lines above without filling them with swearing and innuendo, I'm probably not the sort of person who should ever be let near customers.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

Nekki said: Op: Hi there, I paid a yearly upfront for an SSD plan, and I see you've moved me to a SAS node and I'm concerned about the performance impacts this might have on my applications and sites. What are my options here?

No.

He is on SAS currently (which he accepted since we didn't hear anything back when we did this move over 4-5 months ago), we're moving to SATA. Hence not a HUGE move or difference in performance.

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited June 2014

Nekki said: In a reasonable world where everyone doesn't hate each other, purely for your entertainment, here's how this could have played out.....

I could not agree more with you!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

INIZ said: No.

I've made the play slightly less specific. Still 'No'?

• @Nekki said:

I think we lack of Humor here in LET ...

• @Nekki said:

In an ideal world maybe, sure things could have been different and a lot better if the below was asked rather than 3 demands for me to choose from:

Nekki said: What are my options here?

Anyways, I've organised someone who can send him a refund and he has 24 hours to move somewhere else. Maybe wise for OP to get what he buys in a contract signed with a master service agreement.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited June 2014

INIZ said: In an ideal world maybe, sure things could have been different and a lot better if the below was asked rather than 3 demands for me to choose from:

I was just attempting to present a balanced suggestion for how the situation could have played out if everyone involved was on top form, and I've no doubt at all things could have been different if tensions had not been inflamed.

Personally I've always found you to be polite and helpful in my dealings with you, and although I don't know the OP I'm going to assume he's a perfectly agreeable chap to take afternoon tea with. Sometimes shit just gets escalated real quick (cue some prick with the Ron Burgundy gif - guys, I love Anchorman as much as the next guy, but that one's played out) and then forum threads get posted, we all get high on drama and things are worse than they could have been. We've all been there, and in 10 years we'll look back on threads like these and laugh in the 30 seconds breaks from work SkyNet allows us to take.

yaocheng said: I think we lack of Humor here in LET ...

A long-time complaint of mine, friend.

Thanked by 2Patrick yaocheng
  • @yaocheng said:
    I think we lack of Humor here in LET ...

你够了

• @sundaymouse said:
    你够了

Google translated: 'You enough'

Oops, that sounds much worse than your communist party when dealing with the freedom of speech. Are you going to make me censored just because I am talking humorously? lol

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited June 2014

• NekkiNekki Veteran

yaocheng said: Google translated: 'You enough'

Could it be also translated as 'Quiet you'?

• yaochengyaocheng Member
    edited June 2014

@Nekki said:
    Could it be also translated as 'Quiet you'?

Or it's just a 'polite' way of saying 'shxt up', please correct me if I am wrong.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

yaocheng said: Or it's just a 'polite' way of saying 'shxt up', please correct me if I am wrong.

I asked about that phrase specifically, because of this:

• epaslvepaslv Member

Hmm

I personally believe that moving from SSD to SAS due to sub-par performance and trying other things is a business risk that you take, and sometimes you have to cop it all on the chin for the sake of the client.

• @Nekki said:

Seems to be a 'pass code' used by Dr. Who

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited June 2014

@yaocheng said:
    Seems to be a 'pass code' used by Dr. Who

I don't watch much Who, went off it when Matt Smith came along, as much I as I appreciated Karen Gillan.

• yaochengyaocheng Member
    edited June 2014

@Nekki said:

not really my cup of tea either. I am not used to the British sci-fi anyway :-)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

yaocheng said: not really my cup of tea. I am not used to the British sci-fi anyway :-)

Me neither, Japanese sci-fi is where it's at. Transforming giant robots and tentacles FTW.

This discussion has been closed.