Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A complaint about Iniz - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A complaint about Iniz

Comments

• blubberdieblub said: ow, INIZ has already canceled my VPS and i'm obviously fine with that. I regret calling INIZ a "cheap shot" didn't know it was to be taking so seriously it's the internet after all (and i was frustrated).

Before this is blown out of proportion, it's clear you didn't want to stay with us. It was submitted to cancel at the end of your term.

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited June 2014

W1V_Lee said: If a is provided then b does not have to be offered unless the provider chooses to.

Agreed, but the question is, is a provided?

INIZ said: Yes we can, just like any other provider.

For the record, you are saying you/INIZ can downgrade a customer's plan at any given point without compensation or refund?

INIZ said: You would be happy to accept a upgrade to 1TB even though your fabulous so called "contract" states 500GB right?

Irrelevant example as this would be in favour of the customer.

Again, please answer the five questions.

@ATHK said:
    You've jumped on this thread and just started bashing the provider for absolutely no reason at all, you're just a bully.

I jumped? I am bashing? I am a bully?

I believe you must be highly intoxicated right now to have such a deranged view of reality. All I did - and this is most obvious for any sober reader of this thread - was pointing out why the OP is entitled to a refund. I did not become agressive or called anybody names, unlike you and your buddy Jack.

Thanked by 3rm_ Maounique george
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited June 2014

neroux said: I believe you must be highly intoxicated right now to have such a deranged view of reality. All I did - and this is most obvious for any sober reader of this thread - was pointing out why the OP is entitled to a refund. I did not become agressive or called anybody names, unlike you buddy Jack.

But you're fine with calling someone intoxicated and insinuating they are drunk or high? nice one..

I find that quite insulting and rude..

• blubberdieblub said: @INIZ I realize you want to protect your business, but your tone in this matter speaks volumes of your customer service.

What's that then? You gave me 3 options or "demands" rather which we declined to.

I'm sorry I didn't fall for your demands and the fact you felt it was needed to be posted here because you didn't end up with what you wanted. I really do think it's more than you not getting the SSD, money does make people mad.

Our/my customer service has been great, it's rare you here anything bad about me :) Our growth talks for itself, word of mouth sales is hard and we have earned that from dozens of our customers who refer us to others.

• LeeLee Veteran

neroux said: Agreed, but the question is, is a provided?

Indeed that is the question, only one the OP can answer.

• nerouxneroux Member

In case it got lost somehow

neroux said: Let me ask you five simple question

• Did the OP sign up for a particular plan?
    • Did the OP prepay for a year in advance for this service?
    • Have you changed certain specifics of this prepaid plan?
    • Did these changes happen due to the customer?
    • Is the OP entitled to a lossless refund for the outstanding amount of time where will not be able to use the already paid service as agreed upon?

and I add one more

• Can IINIZ downgrade a customer's plan at any given point without compensation or refund?
    Thanked by 1rm_
  • DH22DH22 Member
    edited June 2014

I certainly would be expecting a refund if I paid for a year of a specific plan and the service I signed up for was no longer offered. Seems like common sense, no matter how little the refund might be. If the plan was in every way equal to or better then it would be fine to make a switch without refund offer, but in this case it is not.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

neroux said: In case it got lost somehow

It's clear you are just trying to stir things up so there is no point responding to you.

Let me know when you find a TOS which states they cannot do the last 2 questions you asked at their own will at anytime.

The only time you will find this is when you see a real contract which has to be signed along with a MSA.

But good to see you finally stopped using the word contract. You will probably find yourself signing one when old enough. Do read through.

blubberdieblub said: BTW, i don't care if this thread stays open for discussion @mods. For my part, it's done

The OP served his purpose of trying to make us look bad because we failed to fall of his demands as such my purpose of replying here has also ended.

I see no desire to change anything being said or done, the client stated in the ticket he was not getting his moneys worth with 2GB RAM, 2.5EUR/mo VM so there is nothing more left for any of us.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

@Iniz what if this case was opposite?

What if the client wanted an upgrade from your sas servers to the same ssd size? Would you asked to pay extra money if he paid yearly and had 4 months of service remaining, or you would tell him, "ok, I'll give you the upgrade free of charge"?

It is the same thing, with this case: you downgraded his service and he should have the refund (costs, paygates etc. is not a client's issue but yours, only).

Maybe your new servers are equal or even, better than the previous. It doesn't matter that, if the client has agreed with you for a certain service.

• nerouxneroux Member

INIZ said: It's clear you are just trying to stir things up so there is no point responding to you.

Is it? I was asking five rather basic questions about four times and instead of simply answering you are backing out with the oldest excuse ....

INIZ said: You will probably find yourself signing one when old enough.

Cute! With the unprofessional attitude you displayed here right from the start someone should rather question your age I'd assume. But unlike some other individual I generally tend to stay away from such personal attacks, so I'd prefer not to pursue this topic.

I just would like to thank you, not only for the most recent attacks against my person but for showing your overall attitude in this thread. Even though I am currently not looking for a VPS provider I still had INIZ on my list. Now I can cross you off, regardless how great your service might be - such an attitude is enough for me not to buy at any given point.

Thanked by 3Amitz rm_ Maounique
  • @neroux said:
    I just would like to thank you, not only for the most recent attacks against my person but for showing your overall attitude in this thread. Even though I am currently not looking for a VPS provider I still had INIZ on my list. Now I can cross you off, regardless how great your service might be - such an attitude is enough for me not to buy at any given point.

Good to hear!

• INIZ said: Good to hear!

Do we get a "MEERKATS" INIZ coupon? ;)

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

@AThomasHowe said:

Hmm, I like your thinking! Maybe for our next promo on LET

• ATHKATHK Member

neroux said: Now I can cross you off,

That's probably the best thing for any provider, you not being a customer.

I wouldn't want to put up with your shit all day.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • nerouxneroux Member

ATHK said: That's probably the best thing for any provider, you not being a customer.

I wouldn't want to put up with your shit all day.

I am sorry for the "education" you "received". Apart from profanity there wasn't much more I presume.

• Personally ... the more INIZ behaves unprofessionally like this the more I believe it's a provider run by kid. (It is nothing to do with the poducts they provide though). Good night everyone.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

@yaocheng said:
    Personally ... the more INIZ behaves unprofessionally like this the more I believe it's a provider run by kid. (It is nothing to do with the poducts they provide though). Good night everyone.

Like what? Defending my brand from people (well one person) trying to talk shit and stir things up? (Note not talking about OP)

Yes it would have been easier if we organised a refund through other means if not PP but that's too late. OP acknowledged as posted above he's done here.

• vedranvedran Veteran

INIZ said: Can you please show me where in my TOS or ANY other providers TOS that states they cannot do what you just stated?

Of course not everything is written in the TOS, but that's why we have consumer protection laws and although I'm not familiar with United States laws I'm sure there are such laws over there too. You don't have to sign a contract to establish provider/customer relation and have certain rights and obligations from that relation.

Anyway, OP is nitpicking here, but I can see his points as I would probably be unpleasantly surprised too if I found my plan being changed mid-term.

Thanked by 2Mark_R Maounique
  • yaochengyaocheng Member
    edited June 2014

@INIZ said:

You don't need to be thinking such offensive while ppl are just commenting your service. There are always pros/cons in the real world even for those big brothers with much larger scale than you. Learn to live with that as you grow maturer. Best of luck.

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited June 2014

INIZ said: Defending my brand from people (well one person) trying to talk shit and stir things up?

Look, I did not become offensive at any given point, only referred to known facts and tried to be as objective as possible. In return I was insulted, ridiculed and got my questions simply ignored (and here not only by unrelated third parties but even by the involved host itself).

At no point in time did I try to badmouth your hosting venture. For the record, up until two hours ago I actually had you on my list of possible hosting providers. So much about me trying to bash INIZ for some obscure - to me unknown - reason ....

Everyone who can do the math and is able to read and understand the content of this thread will realise who is, factually, at fault here.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @vedran said:
    Anyway, OP is nitpicking here, but I can see his points as I would probably be unpleasantly surprised too if I found my plan being changed mid-term.

INIZ is based in UK, EU directives of course apply where appropriate on internet services.

It probably could have been handled better but anyways too late.

• lol this thread

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2014

How Compare between SAS and SATA? SAS design for 24/7 servers and SATA for desktop!

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

@key900 said:
    How Compare between SAS and SATA? SAS design for 24/7 servers and SATA for desktop!

Not every SATA in this world is designed for desktops, there are even NAS specific SATA HDDs and enterprise sata HDDs like the constellations and ultrastars which are built for 24x7 use in which we do use.

As a host I would have hoped you knew this.

Thanked by 1chauffer
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2014

@INIZ said:
    Not every SATA in this world is designed for desktops, there are even NAS specific SATA HDDs and enterprise sata HDDs like the constellations and ultrastars

Ah so you are think SATA life more than SAS drives!

Edit: for your record i use both SATA enterprise and SAS and advice as a host if you can't provide what you offer you better give people refund and please stop claim that you losing money when use SAS drives as is not customer fault.

• @key900 said:

SAS/SATA are different types of interface. It's the drive behind the interface that dictates how well it performs 24/7. SAS has a queue depth 8x that of SATA. If you have applications that benefit from that queue depth great; however not all do and if they do not you do suffer a performance penalty as a result. This is why we do not use SAS disks in a desktop.

Thanked by 20xdragon MartinD
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

This should have not happened. Customer asked a refund when terms changed, it should have been given, all other things are fireworks around the issue.
    I first looked at this like at another rant by a frustrated kid he did not get his way, but, while I understand the host made some efforts to provide almost same performance, if the terms changed and the customer demands a refund as a result, it is common practice in EU to give it, it is the law, even, over here.
    In the end the host behaved badly and, while i understand defensive and annoyed about an issue which went bad, it cannot justify the kind of language and aggressiveness overall. The customer was, on the contrary, almost professional.

• Profforg said: Does SolusVM have any problems with Debian?

Since it doesnt support Debian, I'd say yes. http://docs.solusvm.com/v2/Default.htm#Installation/Requirements.htm

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

Maounique said: it cannot justify the kind of language and aggressiveness overall.

What kind of language? 98% of the posts made here are ridiculous, only some people talked sense whilst others kept talking about stuff which was unrelated in this situation or created imaginary contracts which because they said so I must follow.

I'm sorry I wouldn't tolerate someone who called our business a cheap shot whilst stating on the contrary the service provided was great.

He can request a refund via wire if he still wants, OP marked his intention by complaining here and therefore his job is done and so is this thread.

blubberdieblub said: Now, INIZ has already canceled my VPS and i'm obviously fine with that. I regret calling INIZ a "cheap shot" didn't know it was to be taking so seriously it's the internet after all (and i was frustrated).

BTW, i don't care if this thread stays open for discussion @mods. For my part, it's done and i leave everyone to form their own opinion.

I will stop targeting people maybe when they stop thinking they are the lords and must be right always.

key900 said: SATA for desktop!

Thanks

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited June 2014

@INIZ - Just because I'm slightly confused, can you clarify exactly what the OP had before and what he got moved to?

I have services with INIZ, and they are fantastic always been stable and for a very good cost, if the OP's service got changed and they really didn't lose any quality I don't even understand why this thread is here.

@neroux - You should calm down a bit, as you seem to be coming off worse in my eyes currently, the way you are pushing.

This discussion has been closed.