Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A complaint about Iniz - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A complaint about Iniz

Comments

• @1e10 said:
    What part of logging into your PayPal account and sending the 'refund' as a new payment manually is impossible?

The part where we use Gate2Shop to process payments.

• J1021J1021 Member

INIZ said: The part where we use Gate2Shop to process payments.

I've never heard of that platform but I doubt it would be physically stopping you from sending a payment manually from the PayPal website.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Can't take sides, we don't know the contents of the tickets

Thanked by 1iSky
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

@1e10 said:
    I've never heard of that platform but I doubt it would be physically stopping you from sending a payment manually from the PayPal website.

I don't use PayPal directly for my business and I will not use my personal account for any business payments. G2S handle our PP payments and xero automatically handles our books which is connected to it. G2S is like 2checkout.

We moved to SAS from SSD after trying several things, I can show you our tickets with NForce if for whatever reason doesn't believe what I've said. Currently the node doesn't have many clients on it, some opted to move to SATA a while back and others wanted a refund. The rest agreed to move to SAS.

We made a bigger loss by keeping the node (SAS) online for several months and finally decided to close it as there was no huge difference in performance from our SATA nodes.

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited June 2014

INIZ said: Do you really think I care about the money right now?

Then what is the problem? Refund the four months and be done with it.

Whether Paypal or your payment processor have a refund option after more than six months is a mere technicality. As @1e10 said simply refund $paidAmount/3 back to sender as a regular payment.

Usually I'd say if you offer a service you should also stick to it as long as you have a paying customer. But I do understand that there can be times where such "drastic" forced changes in the infrastructure are necessary or most viable. However that shouldnt happen at your customer's expense.

@INIZ said:
    I don't use PayPal directly for my business and I will not use my personal account for any business payments.

Then open a (temporary) business account to send the refund or - as already suggested - change your payment processor. They literally and most obviously do not cover all your business cases.

Refusing a rightful refund because your payment processor does not allow it and because you do not "feel" like using your personal account is unfortunately an excuse.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • J1021J1021 Member

INIZ said: I don't use PayPal directly for my business and I will not use my personal account for any business payments. G2S handle our PP payments and xero automatically handles our books which is connected to it. G2S is like 2checkout.

Then it seems like the only thing preventing a refund is your setup.

Ultimately you're not providing the advertised service and should have sought a suitable option to provide a refund to the client when they requested it via your ticket system.

• LeeLee Veteran

I agree that the client should get what he paid for.

However I get the feeling rather than say that he is just being a PITA.

All of what Jack above said and

What he has been provided with is an alternative which performance wise in my view is unlikely to be that if at all noticeable. so unless there is something in the contract that says if you pay for 12 months and we change the drives you get a refund then there is no story here.

Hence I am asking what it was that the SSD drives provided that meant they were required. If shiny colors and non mechanical drives float your boat then I am ok with that too however when a provider changes like this and provides a perfectley acceptable alternative you have no route of redress in my view. If you think there is show me the ink that says it.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

The OP thinks we're a cheap shot, so at this point there is no reason for me to be sympathetic or give him anything.

I wish him all the best on the new host that will provide the plan he has for ~2.5EUR/mo with the same stability.

• nerouxneroux Member

iSky said: its seems so fair that @iniz have policy about the 6 month refund.

I am sorry I wouldnt understand how this can or cannot be "fair". The point still is the customer paid for 12 months but received only eight so far. Four months are apparently not going to be delivered and are hence to be refunded.

• nerouxneroux Member

W1V_Lee said: so unless there is something in the contract that says if you pay for 12 months and we change the drives you get a refund then there is no story here.

If the host changes the hardware specifications the customer certainly has a case.

• nerouxneroux Member

INIZ said: or give him anything.

You are still supposed to give him the four months of paid but unused service.

INIZ said: I wish him all the best on the new host that will provide the plan he has for ~2.5EUR/mo with the same stability.

Different subject. He might be disappointed or he might not be, but this has nothing to do with the case at hand. No need for "subtle" spitefulness.

• neroux said: If the host changes the hardware specifications the customer certainly has a case.

Where in the TOS does it say we cannot change HW (or any other providers TOS)? You keep talking contracts, what legally binding contract is there that stops us? The client can cancel anytime within the billing panel at any time, just that no refund will be provided as listed in TOS.

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited June 2014

INIZ said: Where in the TOS does it say we cannot change HW (or any other providers TOS)? You keep talking contracts, what legally binding contract is there that stops us? The client can cancel anytime within the billing panel at any time, just that no refund will be provided as listed in TOS.

Let me ask you five simple question

• Did the OP sign up for a particular plan?
    • Did the OP prepay for a year in advance for this service?
    • Have you changed certain specifics of this prepaid plan?
    • Did these changes happen due to the customer?
    • Is the OP entitled to a lossless refund for the outstanding amount of time where will not be able to use the already paid service as agreed upon?

Seriously, I am yet again wondering what this type of response was supposed to mean. So you are saying Iniz can take the money and run? Change the configuration and specification at their will? Offer a yearly contract with 500GB traffic and then reduce it to MB after a month?

Thanked by 1rm_
  • LeeLee Veteran

@neroux said:
    If the host changes the hardware specifications the customer certainly has a case.

Show me then.

• nerouxneroux Member

W1V_Lee said: Show me then.

Show you what? See my response above.

• LeeLee Veteran

Show me where it says that a provider can't change the hardware, is it law, in the INIZ terms, the clients contract, where??

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

Jack said: @INIZ What SAS drives are you using?

Has the internets benchmarked them yet?

Not that anyone cares but here you go

HP 600GB 15K SAS, EF0600FARNA

• ATHKATHK Member

INIZ said: The OP thinks we're a cheap shot, so at this point there is no reason for me to be sympathetic or give him anything.

I totally agree with this especially since he asked/demanded for more RAM... and then posted this so called complaint.

I wish him all the best on the new host that will provide the plan he has for ~2.5EUR/mo with the same stability.

Like that's going to happen..

• nerouxneroux Member

@W1V_Lee said:
    Show me where it says that a provider can't change the hardware, is it law, in the INIZ terms, the clients contract, where??

Of course they can change the hardware. They cannot change the specification of the contract though, respectively the overall configuration.

Are you seriously saying Iniz has the right to sell a multi-core system with 1 TB of traffic, 500 GB of RAID SSD storage and 1 Gbps dedicated port and then change it at any time convenient for them to a 386 hooked up on a dial-up line and be still perfectly legal within their rights?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

neroux said: Of course they can change the hardware. They cannot change the specification of the contract though, respectively the overall configuration.

Are you seriously saying Iniz has the right to sell a multi-core system with 1 TB of traffic, 500 GB of RAID SSD storage and 1 Gbps dedicated port and then change it at any time convenient for them to a 386 hooked up on a dial-up line and be still perfectly legal within their rights?

Can you please show me where in my TOS or ANY other providers TOS that states they cannot do what you just stated?

Can you also show me where we offer contracts, i'm wanting to see what imaginary legally binding contract I have drawn up here?

Please stop using the word 'contract' when there isn't one. He prepaid 12 months, he can still leave whenever he wants, a binding 'contract' would not allow him to cancel at all.

• nerouxneroux Member

Jack said: @neroux the guy has 4 months left of his £3/mo -£30/yr plan.. It's not like Patrick said look we are putting you on some oversold shit node with 4 SATA drives. SAS to SSD are quite comparable.

Whether it is comparable is yet to be determined. Fact is the OP signed up for a particular configuration and this was unilaterally cancelled by the host. If the customer is not happy with this the only reasonable course of action is to refund the customer for the remaining time and be done with it.

I am amazed this requires even such a lengthy discussion.

• nerouxneroux Member

INIZ said: Can you please show me

Can you please answer the five question I posed here before?

Thank you.

• LeeLee Veteran

neroux said: Are you seriously saying Iniz has the right to sell a multi-core system with 1 TB of traffic, 500 GB of RAID SSD storage and 1 Gbps dedicated port and then change it at any time convenient for them to a 386 hooked up on a dial-up line and be still perfectly legal within their rights?

I am saying that if if it was an unreasonable change then I would be telling Patrick he is a Cock (again).

However this is not an unreasonable change and where a reasonable change is being made that affects the end user who has paid for the service then there should be two choices.

a) Provide an alternative service which meets or exceeds the service/performance of the existing one up until the end of the contract, or;

b) Refund the clients unused credit.

If a is provided then b does not have to be offered unless the provider chooses to.

Yes the client chose SSD and was specific about wanting that however without it written into a contract, he is well, a bit like England in the World Cup, in need of spiritual guidance to get any further in this one.

See I watched LA LAW in the 80's, Grace Van Owen as well as often sporting a nice camel toe also taught me stuff during that tissue hour.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited June 2014

@INIZ said:
    Please stop using the word 'contract' when there isn't one. He prepaid 12 months, he can still leave whenever he wants, a binding 'contract' would not allow him to cancel at all.

'Contract of sale'

The service advertised now differs from what the customer is now receiving. I assume the storage type was mentioned somewhere in the advertising of the service originally?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

neroux said: Seriously, I am yet again wondering what this type of response was supposed to mean. So you are saying Iniz can take the money and run? Change the configuration and specification at their will? Offer a yearly contract with 500GB traffic and then reduce it to MB after a month?

Yes we can, just like any other provider.

You would be happy to accept a upgrade to 1TB even though your fabulous so called "contract" states 500GB right?

• ATHKATHK Member

neroux said: Go home.

You've jumped on this thread and just started bashing the provider for absolutely no reason at all, you're just a bully.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ c0y
  • Ok, i didn't think it would get out of hand so quickly.
    For clarification, when i ordered i wrote INIZ a ticket asking for SSD space titled "2 GB Yearly Offer with SSD", the reply was "sure, it's already set up you just have to pay."

Now, INIZ has already canceled my VPS and i'm obviously fine with that.
    I regret calling INIZ a "cheap shot" didn't know it was to be taking so seriously it's the internet after all (and i was frustrated).

What neroux said is what's bugging me. The provider changing the condition simply because they can.

BTW, i don't care if this thread stays open for discussion @mods. For my part, it's done and i leave everyone to form their own opinion.

@INIZ I realize you want to protect your business, but your tone in this matter speaks volumes of your customer service.

• nerouxneroux Member

Jack said: I understand your last comment that if you're taking that as an "attack" it's true?

Becoming offensive and agressive is always a sign of weakness respectively not having any arguments for one's position. You are a prime example.

Instead of trying to counter my arguments you start calling me name. This only shows your type of rotten character I am afraid.

• LeeLee Veteran

Jack said: window

Windae not Window, posh burd!

• ATHKATHK Member

blubberdieblub said: @INIZ I realize you want to protect your business, but your tone in this matter speaks volumes of your customer service.

You would be pretty pissed if some random just started bashing you on a public forum over a 4 month refund after asking for more RAM on a peanut priced VPS plan, wouldn't you?

Not to be mention certain other people have just jumped down INIZ's throat about the TOS which pretty much every other provider has in place anyway..

This discussion has been closed.