Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plesk and its uses? Why use plesk? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plesk and its uses? Why use plesk?

Comments

• @taronyu

thats going direct. we get licenses much cheaper. or in some cases free (dev only)

• @forthcloud said:
    You can also save money by getting a 10-domain or 100-domain license instead of an unlimited-domain license if you only have a few sites.

Ahh okay, is it possible to use these licenses outside Forthcloud?

• Oh nice, i have not looked at there pricing i just knew it wasn't free to buy in most cases.

• @forthcloud said:
    Plesk is just an alternative to cPanel. Some good things about it:

>
    • Fast installation (a few minutes vs a few hours for cPanel)
    • >
    • Better UI (my personal opinion)
    • >
    • Linux & Windows support (cPanel only supports Linux)
    • >
    • Cheaper pricing
    • >

cPanel does support Windows.
    http://enkompass.cpanel.net/

• dedicated server $8.80 vps: $3.30 That is very cheap compared to cPanel, does anyone sell shared hosting with plesk?

• forthcloudforthcloud Member
    edited June 2014

@taronyu said:
    Ahh okay, is it possible to use these licenses outside Forthcloud?

Nope.

It's EOL. http://cpanel.net/enkompass-eol-notice/

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited June 2014

My licenses are from a data center for 1 of my big servers.

• Bad idea mr sz1, stick to VPS's.

• linuxthefish said: Bad idea mr sz1, stick to VPS's.

I will try Mr.Linuxthefish

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • I was helping a mate last night on his Plesk control panel, I'm not a fan of it however I do prefer their File Manager though.

• Licensecart said: I was helping a mate last night on his Plesk control panel, I'm not a fan of it however I do prefer their File Manager though.

Some really mixed views on plesk on lowend, well lets see how the vote turns out!

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • forthcloudforthcloud Member
    edited June 2014

Plesk offers a free software auto-installer (Application Vault). You have to pay at least $1.5/month to get Softaculous on cPanel.

It also uses Nginx as a reverse caching proxy in front of Apache, saves RAM and makes multiple connections faster.

• The wonders of plesk :D i will have to install it and try it out when i have time.

• Plesk is (in my opinion) very good for the not-so-technical users, as soon as you get the hang of it it's quite easy to use. While logged in as admin, you can do pretty much a shitton of changes that normally require CLI access (changing php.ini config, restarting services & the vps. managing the mail queuie and lots, LOTS of other features) without the need of a sysadmin

I have a Plesk Unlimited licence running on a testing VPS at work, although I'm not using it for production, it's merely a testing VPS anyway.

Thanked by 1forthcloud
  • xDutchy said: Plesk is (in my opinion) very good for the not-so-technical users, as soon as you get the hang of it it's quite easy to use. While logged in as admin, you can do pretty much a shitton of changes that normally require CLI access (changing php.ini config, restarting services & the vps. managing the mail queuie and lots, LOTS of other features) without the need of a sysadmin

I may use plesk for shared hosting maybe due to the feedback here, i will offer plesk and cPanel and see how it goes.

• Can anyone recommend a reasonable priced host in the EU wich includes a Plesk license? (Except Forthcloud, they are already on my list)

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited June 2014

taronyu said: Can anyone recommend a reasonable priced host in the EU wich includes a Plesk license? (Except Forthcloud, they are already on my list)

We have France and Czech Republic but you have to buy your own license.

• wychwych Member

Winity.io offer it on their plans, not sure how competitively its priced.

• kontamkontam Member

I've been working with both Plesk and cPanel on a VPS and DS level and Plesk is a piece of shit software. Parallels make good software but Plesk isn't one of them, their support is good though. I prefer cPanel over Plesk any time of the day.

• Oh i see interesting, vote is not going so well for plesk.

• dnwkdnwk Member

UI is much better and I don't have to use CentOS

• Anyone offering cheap external licenses I may be interested in 10-domain one, but finding any good prices seems challenging.

• I would contact them directly @klpowell

• wychwych Member

@dnwk said:
    UI is much better and I don't have to use CentOS

you tried paper lantern on cpanel?

• Considered Interworx?

Thanked by 2Mark_R Licensecart
  • wychwych Member

Or VestaCP.

• wych said: VestaCP.

I did a post on cp's and vesta cp got a lot of votes!

• dnwkdnwk Member

@wych said:
    you tried paper lantern on cpanel?

I saw the screen shot. I personally don't like a whole bunch of icons spread across the screen(expect in Metro style)

• dnwkdnwk Member

@klpowell said:
    Anyone offering cheap external licenses I may be interested in 10-domain one, but finding any good prices seems challenging.

http://netsys-online.com/plesk

• wychwych Member
    edited June 2014

@dnwk said:
    I saw the screen shot. I personally don't like a whole bunch of icons spread across the screen(expect in Metro style)

I am the opposite; I hate metro style just wish that they had done the file manager in paper lantern too!

Thanked by 1sz1hosting