Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your go-to provider(s) for production uses? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your go-to provider(s) for production uses?

1235»

Comments

• For me: AWS, Hivelocity, OVH BHS and RamNode. I did use many providers here as redundant/backup solution :-)

• ProviderService. I've never had any issues with them. Performance is great, network is outstanding. My production VPS uptime is 325 days as for now.

Quickpacket. Good performance, stable network.

Crissic Soultions. Fine performance overall, stable and fast network, good support with fast response time.

• @serverian said:

I know that much. They are both still extremely good both server-wise and customer service-wise

• ztecztec Member
    edited June 2014

Currently I trust Iniz for VPS and ovh for dedicated. I even sign my clients up with Iniz and they can't believe how low their prices are.

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • kaflokaflo Member

Please tally the scores.

Thanked by 2Gunter geekalot
  • CrabCrab Member

IWStack, Ramnode, VPSdime, Winity

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

kaflo said: Please tally the scores.

July is almost upon us :)

• XeiXei Member
    edited June 2014

I used to rave and rant about Hostigation but their services have been subpar (slow, unreliable, connectivity issues) and I wouldn't count them in my top 5 anymore (NC location -- I've been with them almost 2 years). On the other hand, RamNode is actually pretty superb. They've took the #1 spot for me. I should probably pick up another VPS in their NYC location just because I <3 them.

• xDutchyxDutchy Member
    edited June 2014

Anything special planned for July & iwStack @Maounique ? Can we expect any offers or should I just sign up now? :)

Edit: nvm quarterly poll obviously

• dnwkdnwk Member

Is it another Top Provider Vote?

• IvanIvan Member

Incero for the dedis atm.

Have long been away from the VPS side of things since I usually run things on my own servers, so if I'd have to pick a VPS provider, I am not even sure myself.

• edited June 2014

@Xei said:
    I used to rave and rant about Hostigation but their services have been subpar (slow, unreliable, connectivity issues) and I wouldn't count them in my top 5 anymore (NC location -- I've been with them almost 2 years). On the other hand, RamNode is actually pretty superb. They've took the #1 spot for me. I should probably pick up another VPS in their NYC location just because I <3 them.

I'm on their 128 KVM NC plan, and have not had any issues at all.
    Maybe it's the node your on, contact them and see what's going on.

But I do I agree, RamNode is impressive, they have the whole package.

• XeiXei Member
    edited June 2014

It's been half a year of performance issues, why should I contact the provider? Are they too inept to monitor their own servers/resources? If they can't figure out they have performance issues after half a year then I won't waste my time renewing...

• GienGien Member

@AThomasHowe strato

@Xei said:
    It's been half a year of performance issues, why should I contact the provider? Are they too inept to monitor their own servers/resources? If they can't figure out they have performance issues after half a year then I won't waste my time renewing...

That is not it, for example a lot of chinese cancel without contacting us quoting slow network when actually it is an issue with template ipv6 prioritization or low buffering in debian/ubuntu or even centos for those that really want tens of MB/s. It has nothing to do with the node and we have those issues detailed in the faq, but it does not seem to matter. Those who contact us get directed to the right resource and it is also in the provisioning mail, but that doesnt seem to be read since people dont even know how to connect to solus and wish to reinstall from the billing panel.

• XeiXei Member

@Maounique said:

Well, just search different forums for issues with Hostigation and you'll see the cases aren't isolated and they've IMO only grew exponentially since they acquired another provider last Summer/Fall -- prior to that things were going quite well and Big Tim was pretty attentive. I think there's a different attitude these days (not for the better) and it shows. I should add I am a fan boy for no one. I just care that the service I'm paying for be relatively reliable and I give most providers 6-8 months after things go south to turn things around, now that it'll soon be exceeding that time frame it's time to jump ship.

There probably was a misunderstanding, I did not contest the issues, I am no longer hostigation customer for some 2 years (not because performance, but I started to colo my own servers and it became redundant while cheap VPS in US for tests/rdp/freenet/Tor are 2 a dime) I was merely pointing out that contacting the host might be necessary in cases even if they monitor the nodes.

• SandyKSandyK Member

@catalystium said:
    VPS: RamNode, NFO (from what I've used)

Dedicated: quickpacket, dacentec, NFO, reliablesite

NFO is web hosting now? Great game hosts, and just love the bandwidth, top tier.

• @SandyK said:

They've been doing webhosting but its not something they really push.